quade

Tell me again how being armed will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun?

He was accused of being a murderer is this very thread. Open your eyes to your own bias.

See what I mean? Do I have to point to your misdirect and out-of-context BS?

Yeah, talk about being full of shit. He didn't even fully quote the comment.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

>Tell me again how some of the most strict gun controls laws would have saved the kids
>at Sandy Hook?

Law requires gun owners to lock their guns up. Kid can't get the guns from his mother, and thus can't shoot the kids.

Absurd. Just totally absurd.
Written as if the writer has no earthly clue that the perp could have got weapons of most any type from somewhere other than his mommy.
:S:S:S

And there we go talking how laws are supposed to protect the scared whiners who are calling for bans and new laws..
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

He was accused of being a murderer is this very thread. Open your eyes to your own bias.

See what I mean? Do I have to point to your misdirect and out-of-context BS?

Yeah, talk about being full of shit. He didn't even fully quote the comment.

Yep, that was the out-of-context bozo attempt.

Hello? Re: moderates? Still waitin'.

If I make a moderate post that is thorough enough to make people abandon the thread and move on to the next one (unfortunately there are plenty to chose from) then I consider that a small victory.

I don't keep any creepy tallys or anything though...

An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

Explain to me how disarming the SEAL would have given him better odds.

Just for fun...

I visited Paris this weekend. Everywhere I went, I had to go through a metal detector and submit my bag for search. Everywhere I went, there were young (probably none over 21) people in uniform with automatic weapons. It seems disarming the citizenry hasn't done much to improve the safety there. So, they are now more safe with some people carrying automatic weapons. The paradoxes hurt my brain.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Certainly doesn't look like being armed improved them.

Just for fun...

I visited Paris this weekend. Everywhere I went, I had to go through a metal detector and submit my bag for search. Everywhere I went, there were young (probably none over 21) people in uniform with automatic weapons. It seems disarming the citizenry hasn't done much to improve the safety there. So, they are now more safe with some people carrying automatic weapons. The paradoxes hurt my brain.

Nobody is suggesting the US be completely disarmed. Not even Diane Feinstein is suggesting that.

As for murder rates, did you really want to compare the murder rates in the France versus the US? Really?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Certainly doesn't look like being armed improved them.

Just for fun...

Nobody is suggesting the US be completely disarmed. Not even Diane Feinstein is suggesting that.

As for murder rates, did you really want to compare the murder rates in the France versus the US? Really?

You are correct. Being armed did not help in this isolated incident and it did not hurt. Therefore, using this specific scenario to draw broad conclusions is illogical and emotions based argument.

Diane Feinstein has made no secret of the fact that she wants to disarm the population. I'm not sure how you came to the opposite conclusion.

I never brought up murder. Where did you get that?

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Read your own post again. You asked, "It seems disarming the citizenry hasn't done much to improve the safety there."

Well, actually, yes it has. You might want to argue whether you think that means they are "free" or living under a police state or whatever, but the fact remains they are safer. Compare the murder rates between the US and France and it's pretty flippin' obvious they are by roughly 4 times.

As for Diane Feinstein's private desires, you might want to contrast that with what she's ever actually proposed.

Hell, if I were a Senator I'd WANT free skydives, pizza and Johnny Walker Blue for everybody, but I'd also know that's never going to happen and would never propose it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Double-dog dare you to say that again.

Heheh...he said poopie-head.

Look out for Oldwoman...she has cooties!

Read your own post again. You asked, "It seems disarming the citizenry hasn't done much to improve the safety there."

Well, actually, yes it has....

You made the statement...Prove it.

I never brought up murder. Where did you get that?

..the misdirect and out-of-context school.
We've got some magna cum laude peeps.

"It seems disarming the citizenry hasn't done much to improve the safety there." "

=

'murder'

dontchya get it?.
:S:S

Lot of posters here remind me of folk I've met-highly intelligent.....but not a lick of common sense....
As for arming teachers-
Set up a training/certification program like the pilots have and I would have no problem at all with it.
Having flown armed with armed pilots on board also, I have no problem with their training and trusting them.

So you see no difference between your average pilot and your average kindergarten teacher?

What are you inferring with this question?

Nothing. The reader infers, the author implies.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Did I say anything about assault rifles here? I'm talking about people with mental health issues and having access to guns in general. Also, the ridiculous notion they can be stopped by a "good man with a gun."

Please try to stay on topic.

Your position is: you can't defend against a mentally ill person with a gun, hence you don't need to have a gun.

While it might be true it's hard to defend against a mentally ill person with a gun, does not mean we should loose our right to keep/ own / or bare arms.

ONE HUGE THING YOU ARE MISSINGS IS: gun owners don't necessarily own guns to defend themselves againt the mentally unstable. In fact, most sensible gun owners keep guns locked up and they can't even be used for defensive purposes. The majority of gun owners have guns because guns are fun to shoot at the range. It's a hobby for most of us. And right now, you and other antigun people want to minimize our hobby and limit our access and use of guns. It's the same as having the FEDs place annual inspections on your chute, a $600 fee, an 8 hour annual safety coures and prohibiting you from using a certain size chute due to concerns that the size you select is too dangerous for your weight. YOUR HOBBY and the equipment you use for your hobby under attack.

If you don't like guns that's OK. Just don't tell me I can't enjoy my hobby and get off the idea that guns are only for defensive purposes, as most guns are not used in that manner. NO GUN can defend against a landmine (nutjob) when the nutjob goes off unexpectedly. YES WE AGREE. BUT WE DISAGREE that we should loose our rights as a result of unpredicable behaviour of humans.

Double-dog dare you to say that again.

Liberal Yankee.

Mods! Mods! Do you SEE that blatant PA?????

That's the most insulting thing I've ever been called.

Andy I backed off after you said I tried to group you with the "left". I now have seen you attack every form of the right, so I ask you. Honestly why are you so scared to be called what you are a liberal?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

To the thread title:

"Tell me again how being armed will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun?"

A gun is a tool. Like most tools, it will not save you from every potential harm. Like most tools, it is generally better to have it than to not. In some cases, it is indispensible. Like most tools, it can be misused.

Andy I backed off after you said I tried to group you with the "left". I now have seen you attack every form of the right, so I ask you. Honestly why are you so scared to be called what you are a liberal?

Well, it's not about me, but ok.
I'm quite content to be called a liberal, to the extent it applies, but to issues where it does't apply, it's simply an innacurate label-of-convenience (read: lazy). I think "labels" are dumb to the extent they don't apply. I think it's idiotic and, frankly, creepy, the way the word "liberal" is used like a pejorative, as if the word is all one has to say. (I remember when "Communist" was used this way.)
Anyhow, I'm liberal about some things, on the conservative side of moderate about other things, and generally moderate overall. Those who know me personally know this about me. On here, I do go after positions that I feel are utterly dumbass; and more often than not, it's the dumbass stuff on the extreme right-wing (not just conservative) side that prompts this the most in me.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qLAjT4JJAMo/T_2xf4kPCdI/AAAAAAAAAg0/AlSeswMpM4k/s1600/stongly+both+ways.jpg

Actually, I consider that one merely erroneous and not insulting. Communism is a form of governance. In it's pure form, it has some merits. It works in small communities. It just doesn't seem to work on a large scale.

But you used the 'Y' word. Them's fightin' words!