beowulf

Gun Control Study

There are actually no illegal guns now. There are instances of illegal possession. But the guns themselves are perfectly legal...including machineguns.

Just being a grammar Nazi. I knew what was meant.

:D:D
I slept through high school English classes. College only covered composition.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

No, but I did read a study about a "meat shortage" in the late 1970's. I remember that "shortage," that's why I remember the study.

In the 1990's, a dump study (i.e. going out and looking at what people threw away) showed that more meat was thrown out during that "meat shortage" than just about any other time. It was documented in the book Rubbish!: The Archeology of Garbage. People bought meat because of the perceived shortage, and then they had to discard it. Unlike ammo, meat decays pretty quickly. And because people were buying more meat than usual, there was less of it, and the price went up.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

No, but I did read a study about a "meat shortage" in the late 1970's. I remember that "shortage," that's why I remember the study.

In the 1990's, a dump study (i.e. going out and looking at what people threw away) showed that more meat was thrown out during that "meat shortage" than just about any other time. It was documented in the book Rubbish!: The Archeology of Garbage. People bought meat because of the perceived shortage, and then they had to discard it. Unlike ammo, meat decays pretty quickly. And because people were buying more meat than usual, there was less of it, and the price went up.

Wendy P.

Yes
And that is what is happening today
The debate is what is driving it

It works the other way too

Remember the Alar (sp) scare and apples?

They got really cheap

And, (as you have posted to here) the media plays and important part in the hype

But, it starts somewhere, and there usually is an agenda of some kind attached
And, those that start things like this, sometimes get a result they did not want or expect

As for guns and ammo

This happend (to a lesser extent) when Obama got elected the first time.
It calmed down

Unles the bitch from CA can push her bs through, it will calm down again. And at that time people will have some very expensive things they will never get their money back from

That is why I am just sitting and watching
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Remember the Alar (sp) scare and apples?

They got really cheap

I don't remember that but I do remember the paraquat scare in the 70's (?). Prices plummeted. I had to sit on my stash for months before prices went back up.

Speaking of paraquat, I was in Dominica (the island) over Thanksgiving. They were using Paraquat to spray their crops.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

He just pointed out by definition people become criminals and their guns turn from legal to illegal if they refuse to comply with a ban, which COULD lead to more "illegal" guns than you had before.

I'm of the mind that COULD is really WILL.
The crooks are gonna keep theirs now you add in the defenders of the 2nd and you have more illegal weapons...simply because you passed a "law".

So how come the inverse is not also true? Legalize all guns and you'll have fewer illegal ones.

Eliminate speed limits and you'll have fewer speeders.

Legalize drunk driving and you'll have fewer DUIs.

Same logic.

Still can't come up with anything intelligent to say?!

Hardly my fault if you can't follow along.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He just pointed out by definition people become criminals and their guns turn from legal to illegal if they refuse to comply with a ban, which COULD lead to more "illegal" guns than you had before.

The crooks are gonna keep theirs now you add in the defenders of the 2nd and you have more illegal weapons...simply because you passed a "law".

So how come the inverse is not also true? Legalize all guns and you'll have fewer illegal ones.

Same logic.

You haven't said anything intelligent yet. So not much to follow.

What say you now?

I say there's a declining trend.

So up since 93 is a declining trend

Got it
Abraham Lincoln

Same logic.

+1
Abraham Lincoln

>And one more thing
>Obama is after the guns

I picture a retirement community circa 2026. A circle of elderly gentlemen is sitting around a table playing cards.

"So you see that FOX netstream about Obama grabbing our guns?" asks one.
"Yep, he's gonna get them yet, always knew it, always did," says another.
"Won't be but a matter of days now," says a third.

A passing attendant overhears this and worries a bit. "Uh, you gentlemen know he hasn't been president for ten years, right?" he asks.

"Don't matter!" says one. "Even now he's plotting with Al Gore to GRAB OUR GUNS. Why, just the other day he met with Klobuchar! What were they talking about? Why won't he come clean to the press? It's because he wants to GRAB OUR GUNS."

"When Obama gets to my door he's going to get a surprise from Ol' Betsy!" says the first one. "Been waiting for this for twenty years now."

>And one more thing
>Obama is after the guns

I picture a retirement community circa 2026. A circle of elderly gentlemen is sitting around a table playing cards.

A passing attendant overhears this and worries a bit. "Uh, you gentlemen know he hasn't been president for ten years, right?" he asks.

"Don't matter!" says one. "Even now he's plotting with Al Gore to GRAB OUR GUNS. Why, just the other day he met with Klobuchar! What were they talking about? Why won't he come clean to the press? It's because he wants to GRAB OUR GUNS."

"When Obama gets to my door he's going to get a surprise from Ol' Betsy!" says the first one. "Been waiting for this for twenty years now."

I think you must dream in Bizzaro World

Do you have any guns?
Abraham Lincoln

>Do you have any guns?

I have always thought that posting about the guns you own on the Internet is about as smart as posting about all the money in your house's safe.

So sorry, no answer to that one.

Do you support Dr's asking if there are guns in a house?

Or school officials?
Abraham Lincoln

>And one more thing
>Obama is after the guns

wow - he must have REALLY done some horrible things for people to still be scared and angry ten years later

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>And one more thing
>Obama is after the guns

wow - he must have REALLY done some horrible things for people to still be scared and angry ten years later

Funny he posts this as Obama and his supporters are still blaming Bush for many things:D
Abraham Lincoln

>wow - he must have REALLY done some horrible things for people to still be
>scared and angry ten years later

Yep. Never produced his birth certificate. He never even admitted he was a Muslim. Lots of people traumatized over that one.

You must be
You are the main one who keeps dragging these back up
Abraham Lincoln

Obama is after the guns
Years of what he has said about it is out there to be learned

What happened to "Actions speak louder than words?" What actual actions has he taken that has reduced the availability of guns?

I think some people are idiots and don't deserve to breathe. Doesn't mean I'm going to do anything about it. Even if I were the President, I wouldn't.

Wendy P.

He is not up for re-election

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead

Maybe you wouldnt
But he is

when 2016 comes around, and obama is gone...and you still have your guns....please try to become less paranoid.

Obama is after the guns
Years of what he has said about it is out there to be learned

What happened to "Actions speak louder than words?" What actual actions has he taken that has reduced the availability of guns?

I think some people are idiots and don't deserve to breathe. Doesn't mean I'm going to do anything about it. Even if I were the President, I wouldn't.

Wendy P.

He is not up for re-election

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead

Maybe you wouldnt
But he is

when 2016 comes around, and obama is gone...and you still have your guns....please try to become less paranoid.

Paranoid?

No
A realist

Just going on what the man has said over the years

Or

Are his words worthless?

All I am doing . along with others. is try and minimize the damage he could do

I think you mind reader machine is broke

Maybe you and kallend can get together and perfect one

:D
Abraham Lincoln

You've let yourself be roped into an ego game.
It's amazing how many people do that.

Do you support Dr's asking if there are guns in a house?

Or school officials?

Oh! Pick me! Pick me!

It would give the opportunity to come back at them with something equally irrelevant...."What's your wife's bra size".
:D:D:D