dreamdancer

Israeli troops attack ship carrying aid to Gaza killing 16

They tried to shoot paintballs, when they tried to board a ship by force. Got hit by clubs and shot and killed people, and that’s ok in your book?

Yes

To me that’s like saying a bank robber has the right to kill the bankers if they hit him with a stapler.

Nope-it's not

Off course the bank robbers are the Israel’s they are ones braking the law.

Nope, they're not.

I think your first mistake is assuming Israel had the right to board the ship to begin with.

I think your mistake is confusing your slanted opinion with fact. Just because you feel it, doesn't make it so. Now, feel up to answering Amazon's question?

she's already been answered.

(keep up)

BULLSHIT... you and others answered with non answers.:S:S:S:S

Basically there are a LOT of Brits like you who are just plain anti-Israel because of your common history and their showing you the door in the 1940's.

Apples meet oranges, a great ATTEMPT at moral relativism

Its called having a standard.

When you condemn an action you should condemn it for all not just the people you don’t like. When you change your standards depending on who is acting and not the action. You become a hypocrite.

It was a great example if you open you eyes. The same action took place just change the names and you have a different reaction.

What does that tell you about your self?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Thx for porving my point and not answerring the question. As expected.

And I should answer YOUR questions WHY?????

You can't even answer a very simple question.... let me help you.. YES the people of GAZA elected HAMAS as their government...

NOW.. IS HAMAS.. and the people of GAZA at WAR with Israel with the oft stated goal of destroying Israel????????????????

Indeed it is. A ship was attacked in international waters and the attackers killed 16 people.

They are at war. Do you not realize that naval warfare often happens in international waters?

Part of that war includes Israel instituting a blockade. That is an example of how Israel is not fighting an all-out war. Germany tried to blockade England, and to the extent possible, the Allies tried to blockade the Axis powers during WWII. Not even food would have been allowed in, because it was a real war, and starving the civilian population was part of OK.

It matters not to me that Israel may not have been allowing clothes in through their border with Gaza. It surprises me that their partial-war includes a blockade of clothes, but doesn't represent something important to protest.

Partial wars get really stupid, as you try to get the enemy to capitulate - but they don't have to because they can continue on the fight. It would be nice if the Hamas leadership would realize that their interests were not served by the war, and seek peace as did Sadat of Egypt, but it doesn't look like it will happen soon.

Sadat proved that peace with Israel is possible, that Israel truly does want to, and is able to live in peace with its neighbors. When the rest of the region follows in his example, then there will be a chance of peace. Of course this assumes that Israel still being there is included. Many think peace will only happen by eliminating Israel.

Real wars are really horrible, but usually don't last too long. Partial wars are more intense, but are over quicker.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Apples meet oranges, a great ATTEMPT at moral relativism

Its called having a standard.

When you condemn an action you should condemn it for all not just the people you don’t like. When you change your standards depending on who is acting and not the action. You become a hypocrite.

It was a great example if you open you eyes. The same action took place just change the names and you have a different reaction.

What does that tell you about your self?

No, it is called a result of a war. People take side in a war. You have shown which side you support.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The US recognizes Hamas as a terror organization.

News FLASH most of the world considered Israel as a terrorist nation.

NOT ALL THE WORDL REVOVLES AROUND WHAT THE U.S. THINKS.

Our blind illogical, and hypocritical support for Israel is one of the reasons we are hated.

Just like many of the posters who blindly support Isreal on here the US has done the same. It doesn;t stick to rules. We tell everyone else to abiode by them and give isreal a pass every time.

Its not hard to see why people would be upset.

> Just like many of the posters who blindly support Isreal on here...

I just want to make it clear that I don't Blindly support Isreal. I support Isreal because its the right thing to do.;)

Isreal has some very good video that clearly shows what took place on the ship, and it appears to me using deadly force was well within their right.

The second ship that is on its way is nothing more than some radicals trying to make a political point. I would just like to say, "I Hope They Fail".

>They are at war. Do you not realize that naval warfare often happens
>in international waters?

And we are at war with North Korea. If we boarded a Red Cross ship headed there and killed 16 crewmembers, we'd be wrong, too.

We aren't in a shooting war, just a continued state of cease fire.

The US was supplying the British with weapons and other war materials before the US and Germany were at war. Nobody really expected Germany to let ships with those supplies to get to England without getting shot at.

Even a red cross ship or equivalent of the other side should expect to be boarded and inspected.

>We aren't in a shooting war

And Israel isn't in a shooting war with Turkey.

>The US was supplying the British with weapons and other war
>materials before the US and Germany were at war.

OK. What country is Israel at war with?

NOW.. IS HAMAS.. and the people of GAZA at WAR with Israel with the oft stated goal of destroying Israel????????????????

No

According to international law Israel is not within its legal boarders and should not be building settlements on occupied land. Something that it keeps on doing regardless of what the international community thinks.

You cant have peace when every single day you are acting on war.

And yes I do believe Israel has the right to exist I just think that’s a really stupid question to ask me.

You try to void all the factual evidence, international law, the UN , Humanitarian law, Rules of war etc. that we bring up by trying to make anyone making these arguments seem as a racists. That’s why I am not answering your questions. You don’t have to hate Jews, or be a member of the Nazi party to disagree with Israelis actions. Most of the world does simply because they are not willing to give them a free pass.

You have shown which side you support.

I always support the side that is logically right, I don't just side with the people who look like me or believe as I do. That’s what the Nazi, the KKK , and many other ignorant groups do. It always leads to death and horble events.

That’s why it is good to have standards, that’s the only way to live in a just world.

No, Obama, or at least sec of state Clinton should officially tell the Turkish leadership to pull their head of of their ass.

US, Turkish relations are already strained due to house resolution 106.

Turkey is strategically located and I doubt the US really wants to lose the use of their air space and the US air base located in Turkey.

Turkey also holds the keys to the supply chain of much of Europe's future energy needs.

The US telling Turkey to fuck off, followed by Turkey telling the US to fuck off could end up hurting the US a lot more.

turkey may well send naval ships with the next flotilla...

Some of the harshest criticism came from Turkey, previously seen as Israel's main ally in the Muslim world. Many of the activists on the ships - including a number of the dead - were Turkish.

Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu described the action as an act of "banditry and piracy" on the high seas and "murder conducted by a state".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/7794622/Gaza-aid-flotilla-attack-42-Britons-detained-by-Israel.html
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

No

According to international law Israel is not within its legal boarders and should not be building settlements on occupied land. Something that it keeps on doing regardless of what the international community thinks.

And yes I do believe Israel has the right to exist I just think that’s a really stupid question to ask me.

You try to void all the factual evidence, international law, the UN , Humanitarian law, Rules of war etc. that we bring up by trying to make anyone making these arguments seem as a racists. That’s why I am not answering your questions. You don’t have to hate Jews, or be a member of the Nazi party to disagree with Israelis actions. Most of the world does simply because they are not willing to give them a free pass.

SO... you do not take HAMAS" at their own word?????

Hamas combines Palestinian nationalism with Islamic fundamentalism. Its founding charter commits the group to the destruction of Israel, the replacement of the PA with an Islamist state on the West Bank and Gaza, and to raising "the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine." Its leaders have called suicide attacks the "F-16" of the Palestinian people. In July 2009, Khaled Meshaal said Hamas was willing to cooperate with the United States (WSJ) on promoting a resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict. Hamas, he said, would accept a Palestinian state based on 1967 borders provided Palestinian refugees be allowed to return to Israel and East Jerusalem be recognized as the Palestinian capital. The proposal fell short of recognizing the state of Israel, a necessary step for Hamas to be included in peace talks.

Oh.. I think I seem to remember ISRAEL... withdrawing from GAZA.. and leaving all the settlements behind.. as an overature to PEACE with HAMAS.. ( so much for that BOGUS arguement)

What was HAMAS response to that?????? Buehler.. Buehler??????

No

Hamas combines Palestinian nationalism with Islamic fundamentalism. Its founding charter commits the group to the destruction of Israel, the replacement of the PA with an Islamist state on the West Bank and Gaza, and to raising "the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine." Its leaders have called suicide attacks the "F-16" of the Palestinian people. In July 2009, Khaled Meshaal said Hamas was willing to cooperate with the United States (WSJ) on promoting a resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict. Hamas, he said, would accept a Palestinian state based on 1967 borders provided Palestinian refugees be allowed to return to Israel and East Jerusalem be recognized as the Palestinian capital. The proposal fell short of recognizing the state of Israel, a necessary step for Hamas to be included in peace talks.

hamas will recognise israel when israel recognises palestine :)

The US recognizes Hamas as a terror organization.

News FLASH most of the world considered Israel as a terrorist nation.

NOT ALL THE WORDL REVOVLES AROUND WHAT THE U.S. THINKS.

Our blind illogical, and hypocritical support for Israel is one of the reasons we are hated.

Just like many of the posters who blindly support Isreal on here the US has done the same. It doesn;t stick to rules. We tell everyone else to abiode by them and give isreal a pass every time.

Its not hard to see why people would be upset.

Media circus my man!!!! What do civilian ships think are going to happen when getting involved with a military blockade?? Gaza is a rocket base for Hamas..... Do you support the Gaza rockets being shot by Hamas? Do you support Hamas??

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I love how in your fuck up world Israel can write it own laws, and do as they wish, and then brake the same law they wroth.

Again does Israel have to abide by any laws in your book?

It's helpful when you include quotations, and writing in good English also helps (fuck up world, brake).

What I see here is an emotional rant.

I love how in your fuck up world Israel can write it own laws, and do as they wish, and then brake the same law they wroth.

It's helpful when you include quotations, and writing in good English also helps (fuck up world, brake).

and i see nitpicking from someone who should know better :)

No I don’t.
Its just angry rhetoric of a people so weak that the only retaliation they are capable of is taking there own lives and using themselves as a weapon.

There is always angry rhetoric when something bad happens. We had people here talking about making the whole middle east a glass parking lot Rememeber. That’s killing more then a billion people man, woman , and child. I didn’t take that seriously either.

No cloths and shoes allowed, no concert, no building equipment. Honestly what do you think will happen?

Rainbows and happy songs??

Or an ESL student

No

hamas will recognise israel when israel recognises palestine :)

Do you really believe that bullshit????:S:S:S:S

20 years ago.. Israel was ready to do that.. BUt AraFat and the PA did not like where that was taking them.. hence began the intefada.

The Israeli's unilaterally withdrew from GAZA and the settlements there... HAMAS followed up that (in their pea brains...) show of weakness withdrawal with thousands of rockets fired into Israel.

Perhaps if your buddies in GAZA would quit lobbing THOUSANDS of anti-personnel...(ie civilians )rockets into civilian areas IN ISRAEL... and really come to the peace table... some progress could be made.. but I doubt they have the willingness to do so.:S:S

Tell ya what... I have this real bad tendency to think that if someone takes a shot at me.. I have the right to shoot back... and I will not miss>:(>:(