dreamdancer

Israeli troops attack ship carrying aid to Gaza killing 16

> Israel did not even allow cloths to be sent until recently. Is there any more indication that they view the Palestinians as less then humane?

Last I looked there appears to be some boarders that are not controlled by Isreal that aid could flow from. Why was this ONE ship and its occupants so bent on trying to run a Naval Blockade and become violent when boarded.

I would think, Isreal as they have in the past have video of the boarding and will be able to defend their use of deadly force.

Maybe what we American's need to know: is ISLAM a religion of peace or is it truely what we see every day on TV. Men/Women of God blowing themselves up, treating their Wives and daughters as less than HUMAN. Crying for peace when in fact they plan for WAR.

I'm just a little fella, trying to make since of it all.

Can't wait to see what 'humanitarian' supplies were on board.

Given that their intent was to provoke a lethal confrontation for PR, I think it's highly likely that all of the cargo on this convoy will meet the definition.

You have a different form of suicide bomber here, one that invokes much more sympathy.

like lambs to the slaughter...

While I was researching this topic, the story came on the evening news.

I just watched several of your 'lambs' gathered around an Israeli soldier who was prostrate on the deck.

they had just captured an armed and dangerous pirate. should they have given him/her tea and biscuits?
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I bet that is the last time Israel tries the less lethal option when dealing with "peace activists".
It's a shame that this floatilla had less than peaceful intentions.
Those who are yelling the word pirate, that is morale relativism that the left loves to use. It's big on slogans, small on facts.
The IDF could have wasted all these folks from the beginning, they chose the PC route and they get burned from the media which started PC in the first place.

israel should just its illegal nuclear weapons - waste them all ;)

Maybe what we American's need to know: is ISLAM a religion of peace or is it truely what we see every day on TV. Men/Women of God blowing themselves up, treating their Wives and daughters as less than HUMAN. Crying for peace when in fact they plan for WAR.

I'm just a little fella, trying to make since of it all.

not like those CHRISTIAN and JEWISH idiots then :)

I just watched several of your 'lambs' gathered around an Israeli soldier who was prostrate on the deck.

they had just captured an armed and dangerous pirate. should they have given him/her tea and biscuits?

You can't have it both ways, DD.

either they were lambs that were slaughtered, or they were prepared fighters who escalated the confrontation to use of deadly force.

either they were lambs that were slaughtered, or they were prepared fighters who escalated the confrontation to use of deadly force.

you're denying even lambs the right of self defense?

wasn't that captain and his crew who fought off those other pirates a while back a hero?

Lambs aren't capable of self defense. I have to teach you English now? That must be demeaning for a Brit, having a Yank explain basic language.

BTW, it's not self defense when you pummel a guy holding a paintball gun. A guy that is inspecting cargo, not trying to kill you. Another definition you would like to alter for your benefit. Unfortunately, dictionaries exist.

No, that's what you thought.

I see you're doing your level best to keep this thread uber active so folks have a better chance of missing the part where you were exposed altering quoted material to fit your personal agenda.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I've generally argued against Israel's actions in the past. I'm not anti-Israel and agree that they have the right to defend themselves, but there is a difference between self defence and excessive force which they have a track record for and, at a glance, this seems to be. That being said, the more information that surfaces about this incident the more grey it seems to become[:/]

Israel makes itself very easy to criticise.

Israel removed it's own people from Gaza in a peace deal with Palestine. The Palestinians respond by allowing a terrorist run government in Gaza called Hamas. The US recognizes Hamas as a terror organization. Gaza is essentially a rocket base for Hamas. If the people of Gaza want to end the blockade then they should expell Hamas. The 200-300 tunnels used by Gaza convey every kind of food, medicine and consumer good needed for living. I see a lot of comments about people in Gaza having nothing. Check your sources before commenting. Israel offered to deliver the "needed" aid but was turned down. This is an absolute media circus!!

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

wasn't that captain and his crew who fought off those other pirates a while back a hero?

My father taught me not to argue with a fool. He said an objective observer might not be able to tell the difference between us. I don't mean that as a personal attack. I just note that DD changes arguments to suit his fancy. That makes it rather frustrating to have an intelligent debate.

These Soldiers are the uniformed military of an internationally recognized nation. They were enforcing a lawful blockade of an area which hosts terrorists. They provided avenues for relief supplies to those areas. These people attempted to run that blockade. Five vessels were boarded without incident. This group decided to attack viciously. The Israelis videotaped the engagement knowing they would have nothing to hide. They announced their intentions. They stole nothing. They acted only in self defense.

When the facts came out, they did not support DD's position. So, he started calling the Israelis 'pirates' and tried to pretend the attacking parties were actually heroes. Then, he tried to pretend that this ambush was well within his original definition of the attackers as 'lambs'.

Sorry, guys. The value of the few legitimate discussions in this form is far outweighed by the ridiculous lies and failure to acknowledge mistakes that goes on. I'm out.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

No, Obama, or at least sec of state Clinton should officially tell the Turkish leadership to pull their head of of their ass.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Michalis Grigoropoulos, who was at the wheel of the Free Mediterranean, said: "We were in international waters. The Israelis acted like pirates, completely out of the normal way that they conduct nautical exercises, and seized our ship. They took us hostage, pointing guns at our heads; they descended from helicopters and fired tear gas and bullets. There was absolutely nothing we could do … Those who tried to resist forming a human ring on the bridge were given electric shocks."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jun/01/gaza-flotilla-eyewitness-accounts-gunfire

>Maybe what we American's need to know: is ISLAM a religion of peace or
>is it truely what we see every day on TV.

I'd go with TV if I were you. Especially the show 24. The real world is overrated; complex, confusing and lots of shades of gray.

another close up video of the initial takeover.
if this is not a lynch attempt, I dont know what is.

I'm not an arms expert but if you check out 00:52, it looks like a paintball gun to me.

Close up video

note, this is not easy to watch.

I agree.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Cute story except for the beginning, middle, and end which conflict with video proof.

"Video proof"?! Yeah, right! :D
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Cute story except for the beginning, middle, and end which conflict with video proof.

"Video proof"?! Yeah, right! :D

Just cutting in here ,not replying to anyone post.

Does Israel have the right to "a premptive strike" as the US claimed in Iraq?
Does anyone?
Is it a legitimate action to punch out some guy on a public road if you " suspect" he intended you harm?

Did the recent Turkey/Brazil/Iran agreement play a factor in Israels' reaction here?

Is all this an attempt to draw attention away from the recent incident where South Koreas' ship was sunk(and was it really the North Koreans responsible for that attack? I think not. I believe that was a false flag operation conducted by )

Blue Skies.
dj123

No cloths? Please provide evidence.

If I do will you change your mind?

I am sick of bringing reasons that you guys claim are important or laws that you claim matter only to have you backpedal and change your set of standards.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Can't wait to see what 'humanitarian' supplies were on board.

And once again if it is just humanitarian supplies will you say wow your right Israel was wrong or will you blindly twist and turn the truth to protect your side?

Again the reason I bring this up is I don’t see you guys as reasonable, you all seem to excuse all the laws of the land when it comes to Israel and constantly change your standards of right or wrong.

I bet that is the last time Israel tries the less lethal

Less Lethal you mean you die just a bit??????

or do you mean Non lethal which if they would have used there wouldn;t be peopel dead now would it.

Israel says there is no humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip and says it ensures adequate food supplies. UNRWA strongly disagrees, saying there is a humanitarian crisis. Earlier this year, Israel allowed clothes and shoes into Gaza for the first time since 2007

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSLDE6500DT

I know it wont change your mind, but if this can teach you that you are not logical or rational when it comes to this argument or even take a step in the right direction its worth a try