dreamdancer

Israeli troops attack ship carrying aid to Gaza killing 16

it's another example of a military massacre where the victims were blamed and the truth was covered up.

I think that the real thing to learn from the IRA conflict was that their goals were actually pretty reasonable. When those reasonable demands were met, they were able to live in peace. In contrast, the demands of the palenstinians (their real/true demands - not just the return of some land, it is much more than that) are not reasonable.

Big difference.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

it's another example of a military massacre where the victims were blamed and the truth was covered up.

I think that the real thing to learn from the IRA conflict was that their goals were actually pretty reasonable. When those reasonable demands were met, they were able to live in peace. In contrast, the demands of the palenstinians (their real/true demands - not just the return of some land, it is much more than that) are not reasonable.

Big difference.

sounds like you support these ruthless terrorists...

The IRA's initial strategy was to use force to cause the collapse of the Northern Ireland administration and to inflict enough casualties on the British forces that the British government would be forced by public opinion to withdraw from the region. This policy involved recruitment of volunteers, increasing after Bloody Sunday, and launching attacks against British military and economic targets.The campaign was supported by arms and funding from Libya and from some groups in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_Irish_Republican_Army
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Big difference.

The IRA's initial strategy was to use force to cause the collapse of the Northern Ireland administration and to inflict enough casualties on the British forces that the British government would be forced by public opinion to withdraw from the region. This policy involved recruitment of volunteers, increasing after Bloody Sunday, and launching attacks against British military and economic targets.The campaign was supported by arms and funding from Libya and from some groups in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_Irish_Republican_Army

You've already made statements in support of both of them (IRA and Hamas) with the whole 'victims' bit. Did you have a point to THIS post, either, or is it just your usual?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hmmmm I did not know it was the stated policy of the IRA to murder all the English on the island and drive all protestants into the sea.

Not a bad idea I guess.. considering the ethnic cleansing the English committed over and over against the Irish people for what.... 1000 years or so??

I had sympathy for their cause, but no support for their tactics.

The point was that England was able to let go another part of their empire without having to fear that the future relations with that neighbor would continue in a state of war.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

the siege is breached...

Israel will ease much of its land blockade of the Gaza Strip, it was revealed today.

The Israeli government is hoping to silence growing international criticism following the assault on a flotilla of aid ships bound for Gaza in which nine activists were killed.

A statement from the office of the prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, said Israeli leaders decided today to expand the number of products Israel will allow into Gaza, including construction materials. The naval blockade will remain.

"It was agreed to liberalise the system by which civilian goods enter Gaza [and] expand the inflow of materials for civilian projects that are under international supervision," the statement, which did not specify any product list, read.

The new arrangements, decided upon in a series of meetings between the Middle East Quartet envoy, Tony Blair, and Netanyahu, are expected to cover three areas:

• A list of prohibited goods not allowed into Gaza, replacing the current system of a list of approved goods

• Agreement to allow construction materials for UN-sponsored projects

• Israel to consider allowing EU monitors to be stationed at crossings between Israel and Gaza

An Israeli military official told the Associated Press that all foods would be freely let in to Gaza with immediate effect.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jun/17/israel-to-ease-gaza-blockade
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

the siege is breached...

So there is no reason for all of the anti Israeli propaganda flotillas that are on the way, right?

oh wait, delivering goods to Gaza wasn't their goal anyway...

Yea because all is well in Gaza now :|
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain