dreamdancer

Israeli troops attack ship carrying aid to Gaza killing 16

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu canceled his imminent trip to the United States, in wake of the murders of at least 10 people after Israel Navy troops boarded a flotilla of ships heading to the Gaza Strip carrying aid.

I clicked on your link to the article by Barak Ravid and didn't find the word "murders" in that sentence; rather, it said "deaths". So then I googled it. Other newspapers which picked up the article also have the word "deaths" in that sentence; none of them quote the article as using the word "murders". In fact, when I googled the exact phrase, "in wake of the murders of at least 10 people after Israel Navy troops boarded a flotilla of ships", I got zero hits.

Please explain.

Turkey's prime minister has spoken for the first time since Israeli commandos boarded the flotilla, as the Assocated Press news agency reports that most of the dead are Turkish.

PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan described the fatal raid as "state terrorism."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/may/31/israel-troops-gaza-ships

and what do terrorists do - they murder.
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

> They were illegally boarded by armed men in the middle of the night. I don't know about you but violence seems like a pretty reasonable response.

Illegally boarded??? Israeli made it very clear that the area they were sailing into was under Naval Blockade and they should allow boarding so the ship could be searched for weapons.

It is also a known fact all other vessels were boarded and searched without confrontation. Israeli troops were well within their rights to defend themselves and if required use deadly force to secure their safety.

These activist were looking for a fight and appears they got one.

After a while, even the guardian and other willing palestinian propagandists will start to report the entire story. They'll choose to not describe it as a correction to their earlier reports. I think you'll ignore it completely.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

> They were illegally boarded by armed men in the middle of the night. I don't know about you but violence seems like a pretty reasonable response.

Illegally boarded??? Israeli made it very clear that the area they were sailing into was under Naval Blockade and they should allow boarding so the ship could be searched for weapons.

It is also a known fact all other vessels were boarded and searched without confrontation. Israeli troops were well within their rights to defend themselves and if required use deadly force to secure their safety.

pirates are pirates :)
(meanwhile the third intifada is brewing - and who will the us public side with this time)

So you deliberately altered the wording in something you held out as a quote in a source. If you were a journalist and got caught doing that, you'd be fired. If you were a college student, you'd be expelled.

This type of reporting occurs often in the New York Time.

So you deliberately altered the wording in something you held out as a quote in a source. If you were a journalist and got caught doing that, you'd be fired. If you were a college student, you'd be expelled.

I'll carry the analogy further. If you were an Olympic athlete, you'd be stripped of your medal. If you were a Tour de France cyclist, you'd be disgraced. If you were a UK physician caught phonying data to connect inoculations to autism, you'd lose your license. If you were a politician, you'd be re-elected.

UN to hold emergency talks after Israeli commandos attack ships

The UN is holding emergency talks after Israeli commandos stormed a flotilla of ships carrying activists and aid supplies to the blockaded Palestinian enclave of Gaza, killing as many as 19 of those on board.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/7790670/Gaza-aid-flotilla-UN-to-hold-emergency-talks-after-Israeli-commandos-attack-ships.html

the world doesn't like this - not a bit.

pirates are pirates :)
(meanwhile the third intifada is brewing - and who will the us public side with this time)

I'll side with Israel