dreamdancer

Israeli troops attack ship carrying aid to Gaza killing 16

If the numbnuts on the ship hadn't wanted to provoke an attack then nobody would have died.

Check this link out below.... The new ship carrying aid gave up without a fight... I guess they learned their lesson. That's what you get when you mess with a military operation such as a blockade. Who did they think they were messing with anyway??? Protestors like themselves?? C'mon.... this is Israel we are talking about. They don't have the ACLU over there and will run your ass over with a bulldozer if you stand in their way (literally) Holla if you hear me!!!! ;-)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/05/israeli-forces-board-gaza-bound-aid-vessel/

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

However, I doubt that the people were prepared to die.

You're still out of the loop. Their videotaped admissions to that desire have been made available.

I guess the reason I said I had been out of the loop was because I still haven't heard about weapons being on the boat, and I was curious if your post was an admission to that, as well as the preemptive explanation that it doesn't matter

You're still out of the loop. Several people in this thread have commented on how it would make no sense for the martyr wannabes to have been transporting weapons to gaza. They wanted the extra propaganda points of having their cargo being without weapons. If they are succesful at breaking the blockade, then weapons will surely be included in later shipments.

Isreal is still in the right no matter what happens.

I never said that, and do not think that. I do not think my posts on this subject lead to that conclusion.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, the people who do not support Isreal the way you do are not jew hating nazi's.

I never said that, and do not think that. I do not think my posts on this subject lead to that conclusion.

I realize my bio info lists my current city as Abu Dhabi, but I'm not arab. I grew up in the US and have only been over here for 6 months.

I wasn't aware of that, had not looked at your bio. My replies were based on the content of your posts, not your location.

So back to the question you didn't answer. Do you feel that rhys is fine to support his 9/11 conspiracy theory, no matter what facts are presented? He will explain everything away, since his beginning stance is that the conspiracy exists, and all information after that must fit the original stance.

I didn't notice you asking this question earlier. Rhys has every right to believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories. I would like to think he's mostly just trolling than actually believing that bullshit, however that is likely wrong. What does that have to do with this thread?

Is Isreal correct, no matter what actions they take? Are they above reproach, IYO? Did 16 people need to die here? I think Amazon called them martyrs. Is that really what you believe, that those people got on the boat thinking they would die for this cause?

No, no, no, yes - as previously mentioned at least some have already they've admitted to that. Even for those that didn't want to be martyrs, beating on soldiers as they did should be understood to have predictable consequences.

It is also my understanding that the ship's cargo was not allowed to be unloaded by Hamas. There goes the much needed humanitarian aid...
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

if the brave israeli commander had just told his men to put down their weapons when they realised they were outnumbered then nobody need have died.

I bet you would have been far happier if the peaceful Turks would have killed all the jews....>:(>:(
From the moment the first Israeli roped down they were being viciously beaten... I think even you living in your DREAMWORLD would have tried to protect yourself from a mob trying to kill you

I am hoping both Israel and Turkey can get past this. Turkey is a wonderful country (I've been there many times and have friends there). Also Israel is a nation of good people (been there too. Tel Aviv & Haifa). The Turks protesting are pissed because they see Israel not being humane. Israel is pissed that Turkey didn't take the blockade serious. It's a military operation. I said it before.... if the people of Gaza want the blockade to cease, then kick Hamas the F**K OUT of Gaza. Israel won't sit around and let that be used as a rocket base for Hamas. This isn't hard to grasp in this thread if people would quite letting their preteen girl emotions take control.

I think the world of the Turks and Israelis.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Thanks. Looked up a couple of those things.

Obviously I didn't ask the question about Rhys before, I was attempting to make an analogy, since I asked if you would support Isreal unconditionally, and you didn't answer.

In another thread, killing others seemed solidly within what you would call acceptable. In this case, Isreal did the killing. If the goal is to win the argument of who is right/wrong in this situation, I would say that Isreal was within their rights to kill those people (clearly just my opinion). But also, IMO, if the goal is peace, everybody lost here.

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

the ones who were attacked were the ship's crew and passengers.

You take away from any real conversation with nonsense like this.

who are the dead?
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

if the brave israeli commander had just told his men to put down their weapons when they realised they were outnumbered then nobody need have died.

From the moment the first Israeli roped down they were being viciously beaten...

they should have done the sensible thing then and given themselves up and saved a lot of lives.

(and what's it to do with YOU - it's not YOUR country)

C'mon.... this is Israel we are talking about. They don't have the ACLU over there and will run your ass over with a bulldozer if you stand in their way (literally) Holla if you hear me!!!! ;-)

wow - delight over someone being crushed to death :S

(how's shilad)

None so blind as you who will not see...Straight up question. Trolling for pleasure or do you actually believe your bullshit? Just trying to decide if I should even read your post to expose myself to a different, but possible valid, viewpoint or if you're just entertaining yourself. I'm good either way. God knows I stir the stew and poke the bears just for giggles enough.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

An unnamed Israeli commando, who purportedly led the raid on the Mavi Marmara, today told Israeli news website Ynet News that he shot at a protester who approached him with a knife. "I was in front of a number of people with knives and clubs," he said. "I cocked my weapon when I saw that one was coming towards me with a knife drawn and I fired once. Then another 20 people came at me from all directions and threw me down to the deck below …

"We knew they were peace activists. Though they wanted to break the Gaza blockade, we thought we'd encounter passive resistance, perhaps verbal resistance – we didn't expect this. Everyone wanted to kill us. We encountered terrorists who wanted to kill us and we did everything we could to prevent unnecessary injury."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jun/04/gaza-flotilla-activists-autopsy-results

no-one attacked him - he was approached by someone with a knife (his words). he then shot him dead and was only then attacked by othersd. got that timeline in your head?

they should have done the sensible thing then and given themselves up and saved a lot of lives.

You think the "peace activists" were waiting for the soldiers to say, "I surrender" before they were going to stop beating on them? I think not, I think they were only going to stop after the soldiers were dead. I'm confident you'd be pleased with that result.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

who are the dead?

The dead are compromised, 100%, of activists who attacked trained soldiers armed with guns. Those who remain alive are comprised of those who did not attack trained soldiers armed with guns, although not 100%. Some of those who did attack the soldiers managed to remain alive (Proven by watching the video, seeing the number of people who attacked the soldiers, and then seeing the body count).

An unnamed Israeli commando, who purportedly led the raid on the Mavi Marmara, today told Israeli news website Ynet News that he shot at a protester who approached him with a knife. "I was in front of a number of people with knives and clubs," he said. "I cocked my weapon when I saw that one was coming towards me with a knife drawn and I fired once. Then another 20 people came at me from all directions and threw me down to the deck below …

"We knew they were peace activists. Though they wanted to break the Gaza blockade, we thought we'd encounter passive resistance, perhaps verbal resistance – we didn't expect this. Everyone wanted to kill us. We encountered terrorists who wanted to kill us and we did everything we could to prevent unnecessary injury."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jun/04/gaza-flotilla-activists-autopsy-results

no-one attacked him - he was approached by someone with a knife (his words). he then shot him dead and was only then attacked by othersd. got that timeline in your head?

Yes they did, the guy with the knife. Don't you know the meaning of the words you have provided? Do you say a soldier should not shoot when a guy with a knife is approaching? What would you have him do?

You think the "peace activists" were waiting for the soldiers to say, "I surrender" before they were going to stop beating on them?

yes. remember no israelis died. what do you think of the israeli commander admitting he shot when he was 'approached' by someone with a knife - not stabbed or assaulted, just 'approached'.

You think the "peace activists" were waiting for the soldiers to say, "I surrender" before they were going to stop beating on them?

yes. remember no israelis died. what do you think of the israeli commander admitting he shot when he was 'approached' by someone with a knife - not stabbed or assaulted, just 'approached'.

Link to the exact quote, please.

meanwhile in gaza...

Gaza is not eastern Congo, nor is its suffering comparable. Yet by the standards of the Middle East, the poverty is palpable. In a territory the size of the Isle of Wight, 1.5 million people -- 1.1 million of them refugees from previous conflicts with Israel -- often live in conditions close to squalor.

A landscape of ruined buildings, destroyed by Israeli forces, greets the rare visitor who crosses into Northern Gaza through Israel's Erez Checkpoint. Small groups of men toil in the heat to load salvaged bits of masonry, a precious commodity after Israel banned all construction material entering Gaza, onto donkey-drawn carts.

Further south, dilapidated, ramshackle buildings separated by narrow and often fetid alleyways stretch all the way to Rafah, on the border with Egypt. The stench of rotten rubbish, and sometimes sewage, regularly assaults the nostrils.

Occasionally, the monotony is broken by groups of makeshift tents, inhabited by those made homeless by an Israeli military offensive 17 months ago that destroyed or damaged 5,000 houses. The UN's Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) would like to rebuild those houses but Israel has largely prevented cement from entering Gaza.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/7806209/Dispatch-Just-how-hungry-is-Gaza.html

(and what's it to do with YOU - it's not YOUR country)

I wish that someone could sensibly ask you to stop this ridiculousness, but it won't work, will it? I would ask you to share with us the parameters of who can discuss this situation (based on THEIR country), but I have the strong feeling I'd be disappointed with your answer.

There are lots of reasons to wish this had turned out differently. Humanitarian, intellectual, even self-preservation, to name a few. But buddy I can tell you if I'm carrying my gun and someone approaches me with a knife, they're gonna put that knife down before anything else happens, with the possible exception of a gunshot. You should keep in mind that a person with a knife who continues approaching a trained soldier after he cocks his weapon is not a peace activist. I'm sure you'll disagree. I just don't buy it that you believe peace is accomplished at knife point. I think this could have been handled better by everyone. That being said, if you're ok admitting that the peace activists charged soldiers with knives, I'm ok agreeing that they deserved to be shot.