lewmonst

NO on Prop 4 (California)

minors can't even get there ears pierce without perental permission. abortion should be treated like any other medical procedure, notify the parents.

Hell kids cant even get Advil at school without parrents permision.... But why the hell should they not be able to have a human torn apart inside them and ripped out without a parrents permision????:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S People that think shit like this is ok are the same ignorant people that think i should not be able to own a gun>:(>:(>:(.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

People that think shit like this is ok are the same ignorant people that think i should not be able to own a gun>:(>:(>:(.

that's not true, my wife is pro-choice (although she would never perform an elective abortion), and she also disagrees with me when it comes to parental notification. aside from that, she's pretty conservative and likes that i have a gun, it provides food for her. she says i can have all the guns i want, as long as she doesn't have to pay for them.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

>minors can't even get there ears pierce without perental permission.

An abusive father won't beat his child to death because she got her ears pierced.

And a mild infection is likely the worse that can happen when they go in to a back alley and stick a coat hanger through their ear.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Haven't we (Californians) voted this initiative down multiple times already?

Setting aside, for a moment, that I don't think minors should ever have kids, and that what I think would be best for society in a case where someone is irresponsible enough to get pregnant at that age is termination, here's my problem with Prop 4... (and whatever it was called on the last ballot, and whatever it will be called on the next ballot.)

Think about the situations where it will have to be enforced. Right off the bat, you've got an underage girl who's pregnant, so I'm guessing her home-life isn't warm and loving. She knows she doesn't want a kid and, for whatever reason, she doesn't think her parents are going to be supportive. So, at the very least in her head if not also in reality, she can either go to a shady place that may not be safe (but won't tell her parents) to have the procedure done, or she goes to a clinic, they notify her parents, and they beat the hell out of her for being a whore.

If you don't want your daughter to get knocked up and have abortions behind your back, have her respect so she'll come to you in times of need without being forced to. If you're really just don't like abortion, pass an initiative to outlaw that and quit with this frog in the boiling water crap.

This amendment is dumb.

Thanks Squeak, interesting. But whats the problem? If the father was a abuser and was the father of the unborn child/foetus there is provision in the clause to deal with this.

The initiative would prohibit abortion for unemancipated minors until 48 hours after physician notifies minor’s parent, legal guardian or, if parental abuse has been reported, an alternative adult family member.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>Haven't we (Californians) voted this initiative down multiple times already?

Yes. But since you only need a simple majority to amend the CA constitution, there's little detriment to trying multiple times. All you need is to get 50% +1 person once. (That's a problem with the CA constitutional system.)

Right off the bat, you've got an underage girl who's pregnant, so I'm guessing her home-life isn't warm and loving.

i just can't buy that. a teenager succumbing to the desire to get laid is in no way an indicator of the quality of home life.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I would be more interested to know if this law would also allow a parent to Force an abortion on their teenage daughter.

A likely scenario under this Law I see is a teenage Girl telling her parents she is pregnant and them telling her that she is NOT having that child as it will ruin her life and PUSHING her into an abortion that she may or may not want.

Can Parents currently decide what medical procedures their child has even if the child does not want that procedure?

Tough issue.

People that think shit like this is ok are the same ignorant people that think i should not be able to own a gun

How the fuck does that follow? The two issues are totally unrelated.:S

They're related in Deereworld. You wouldn't understand.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I also am interested to see if there is any mechanism for the parent to STOP the abortion after they've been notified.
From what I've read, after the letter is mailed and 48 hours elapses, the girl can go ahead with the abortion.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

> they notify her parents, and they beat the hell out of her for being a whore.

Its like talking to a WALL, with comments like the above. Not that the comment is intellectual but emotionally tossed out as if its going to be a common occurrance.

Prop. 4 should pass, however in the Land of Fruits and Nuts I'm sure its a toss up.

I would be more interested to know if this law would also allow a parent to Force an abortion on their teenage daughter.

A likely scenario under this Law I see is a teenage Girl telling her parents she is pregnant and them telling her that she is NOT having that child as it will ruin her life and PUSHING her into an abortion that she may or may not want.

Can Parents currently decide what medical procedures their child has even if the child does not want that procedure?

Tough issue.

If she doesn't want an abortion, she just wouldn't tell her parents until it was too late.

If they discovered she was pregnant, Could the Parents force her to have an abortion?

I don’t really know anything about this proposal (And I am not trying to make a point on one side or the other, just asking a question) but I see people equating the abortion with a medical procedure. Can a parent force a minor to have a medical procedure they do not want?