lewmonst

NO on Prop 4 (California)

>Nor will an abusive father beat a child to deaht because she's pregnant.
>He'll probably do it because he's an abusive father.

No, he'll do it because he had the opportunity and the means. (Semantics games are fun, are they not?) But I think you know what I mean.

I see.

Bill. I've just spent the last 30 minutes on google looking for evidence of parents (usually a father) who have killed daughters who wanted an abortion. I didn't find one.

Instead, I found several of women and girls who were killed for not having an abortion. Which leads me to another question: how many of these girls may be induced into abortions.

I'll ask this - how vulnerable are these young girls at a time like this?

How much pressure may they be under from the boyfriend to abort the child?

How much pressure from friends to abort or keep?

How much pressure from themselves?

Are they scared?

Are they concerned?

Are they embarrassed?

Are they in a place where a rational and well-contemplated decision of their own free will is to be expected?

Should a parent consent? Any involvement at all in something like this?

Look - I'm not anti-abortion. I'm just a little tired of the dogmatism on both sides of it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

> they notify her parents, and they beat the hell out of her for being a whore.

Its like talking to a WALL, with comments like the above. Not that the comment is intellectual but emotionally tossed out as if its going to be a common occurrance.

Prop. 4 should pass, however in the Land of Fruits and Nuts I'm sure its a toss up.

Apparently my point wasn't clear because you've quoted the last third of a sentence and mangled the context in the process. I apologize for being a bit wordy in my post, however...

I'm not suggesting that every girl who would otherwise get an abortion without telling her parents would be beaten for getting pregnant if made to tell them. I'm saying that you're putting pressure on someone in an already messed up situation that, unless her track record in decision making suddenly gets better, may make her do something even worse for herself, let alone the unborn child.

If you want to quote one thing out of my last post, quote this:

If you don't want your daughter to get knocked up and have abortions behind your back, have her respect so she'll come to you in times of need without being forced to.