sfc

crappy palin speak

You do realize your elitist remarks denigrating Palin will only serve to further bolster the right....right?

I'm sure millions of people are viewing DZ.com right now, have read me calling her trailer trash and are now changing their vote.

The sad fact is that there are SO MANY like you on the left who are trying so desperately to vilify her. So while you are correct that your one little voice here on dizzy is one of insignificance, collectively, your vitriolic voices are galvanizing the republican party. They are rallying behind her and behind McCain. There is an energy there that hasn't been there that you and your ilk are only adding fuel to, so I say, keep it up.

That's rich. Have a look at Snopes to see the extent of (false) vilification of Obama, and compare it with McCain. The ratio is around 20:1, We've even had blatantly false information posted in this thread by normiss, and he continues to defend it even when given non-partisan proof of its falsehood.

Why weren't you speaking out when Obama was being vilified?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

abortionists? LOL I agree with what you're saying as far as the likeliness of Roe V wade changing but did you really have to use that word?

Yeah, I really did. LOL

Don't lecture ME on anti political correctness. I read your posts.

Now, back to Palin. I just want to see her in hot pants and a cammo jacket skinning a buck. Then the deal is sealed.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

I didn't lecture. I swear. I actually found it amusing. I only lecture when it comes to racism, sexism as well as anything discriminating. I do this in my personal life as well. Only people aren't so willing to defend their ignorant perceptions.

If you were darkskinned and lived in south Georgia for a couple years as a boy like I did then you would understand.

I do find it interesting when people resort to name calling simply because someone has a differing opinion. ;)

www.FourWheelerHB.com

She a well-dressed piece of trailer trash

Well, so much for an intelligent debate.

I've posted many pieces of evidence and made assertions, none are even addressed until I call her trailer trash,

Exactly. They were not addressed. Perhaps i is because you made a good and objective point for which no reasonable person could argue. Then you went a step further because nobody was arguing with you and called her "trailer trash."

Which provides a reasonable inference that you look down on some in society. I do not believe that you were intending to compliment Mrs. Palin, nor do I believe that you mentioned "trailer trash" as anything other than a pejorative.

As you can see by the responses of others, it is not perceived as "sarcasm." Instead, it is being perceived as insulting and degrading.

Abortion, she wants it illegal all the time, a big issue of hers. Well, <20% agree with her....what do ya think?

I disagree with her position. I am not calling her "trailer trash" or anything of that nature. Instead, I "respectfully" disagree. Perhaps it is the lack of disrespect or contempt that I show for those with whom I disagree that causes you to believe that I am a Republican.

Just because someone disagrees with me is no reason to condemn or degrade that person because we are all individuals with different views.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What's funny about people who are against Palin... when criticizing her experience they always forget she is the Governor of Alaska...NOT the mayor of some small town.

In California, 660k people is just slightly larger than a small town. Has the AK legislature ever been majority Democrat? Has she ever had to fight the opposition? Thanks to oil taxes, citizens get money, not taxes. Has she ever had to deal with an honest deficit?

660k is greater than 0 which is why Obama compared her time as mayor (not as governor) to his leading a campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxUCfdfRnP8&feature=related

That's unrelated to the matter of whether or not people perceive her as the mayor of a small town or not.

As well as the fact that she's got one of the easiest setups a governor can get in this country.

Parading ones kids for political capital is really tacky - IMHO

Tony,

It has always been a tradition at American party conventions to introduce the families of the candidates to the American people.

Tony,

It has always been a tradition at American party conventions to introduce the families of the candidates to the American people.

Part of the charm of US political conventions (both parties) is their extreme tackiness. Rather like going to a polyester party.

You do realize your elitist remarks denigrating Palin will only serve to further bolster the right....right?

I'm sure millions of people are viewing DZ.com right now, have read me calling her trailer trash and are now changing their vote.

The sad fact is that there are SO MANY like you on the left who are trying so desperately to vilify her. So while you are correct that your one little voice here on dizzy is one of insignificance, collectively, your vitriolic voices are galvanizing the republican party. They are rallying behind her and behind McCain. There is an energy there that hasn't been there that you and your ilk are only adding fuel to, so I say, keep it up.

That's rich. Have a look at Snopes to see the extent of (false) vilification of Obama, and compare it with McCain. The ratio is around 20:1, We've even had blatantly false information posted in this thread by normiss, and he continues to defend it even when given non-partisan proof of its falsehood.

Why weren't you speaking out when Obama was being vilified?

b/c these posts are my first time back to this forum in many, many months.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Tony,

We aren't hearing as much about the pregnant daughter now, are we? It seems that putting them all front and center means the curiosity is gone. The Trisomy baby? Yep. There he is. Pregnant daughter? There she is. With the father.

I suspect that they will, as a result, now become non-stories. A short-term pain, long-term gain.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think it is important that the families are introduced and looked at. It shows what kind parents they are, granted one look at them all dressed up isn't much but we will see in time how they are and that is important to see the character of the parents displayed through the kids and how well they handle themselves and how they handle problems.

Tony,

We aren't hearing as much about the pregnant daughter now, are we? It seems that putting them all front and center means the curiosity is gone. The Trisomy baby? Yep. There he is. Pregnant daughter? There she is. With the father.

I suspect that they will, as a result, now become non-stories. A short-term pain, long-term gain.

Palin's position on abortion in case of rape/incest, and on sex ed. are going to come up. The daughter is living proof of the bankruptcy of her views on sex ed.

i disagree with you on this. alot of very good well raised kids have been in this position. alot of great parents have had to deal with this or other problems. lets see how they deal with it tha t shows character.

So, then . . . you admit "abstinence only" fails as a concept.

Palin has not yet done that, at least not publicly. I think it's about time she did.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

i disagree with you on this. alot of very good well raised kids have been in this position. alot of great parents have had to deal with this or other problems. lets see how they deal with it tha t shows character.

Are you saying you agree with abstinence ONLY sex education, and refusing abortions to rape victims? Because that's what Palin believes.

every birth control method can fail. the best parent can fail. there is no 100% sure way to deal with these problems. just like drugs, gangs and other things. My younger daughter ended up in alot of trouble with the law 11 years ago but we worked on it and got things straight and i am very pleased and proud of the person she has become. everyone wants to condem Palin for a mistake of her daughter but maybe it is just a kid being a kid. i know i put my parents through hell and they stuck by me and i am glad they did.

i don't agree with palin's stance on the sex / abortion area but i do believe that this problem is theirs to deal with as they see fit and i do believe she has the right to raise her children by their values, and the media needs to let them alone to deal with it, not crucify them for having a problem.

Obama - $432,000,000 approx. annual budget.
Palin- I can't find an exact but it's approx. 7-8 Billion per year.

For purposes of reference, when she took over as mayor of Wasilla, the total budget she was handed for her first year was $8.2M. The budget she handed to her successor 6 years later was $18.6M. That's some serious growth! I read somewhere she also accumulated $20M worth of debt for the city during those 6 years. I can see now why the Republicans are so enamored with her. Bigger government and more debt...she rocks! :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

i don't agree with palin's stance on the sex / abortion area but i do believe that this problem is theirs to deal with as they see fit and i do believe she has the right to raise her children by their values, and the media needs to let them alone to deal with it, not crucify them for having a problem.

But it's not just about her personal choice, is it? As governor she pushed her views on everyone by opposing funding for sex education EXCEPT for abstinence only programs (which have been proven to be a miserable failure - now even in her own family).

every birth control method can fail.

I'm pretty certain that's not actually true unless the procedures I'm thinking about are botched. However, you'd have to be an idiot to have the procedures performed and not have their efficacy tested. I suppose that's a possibility, but I believe most doctors will insist on it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

every birth control method can fail. the best parent can fail. there is no 100% sure way to deal with these problems. just like drugs, gangs and other things. My younger daughter ended up in alot of trouble with the law 11 years ago but we worked on it and got things straight and i am very pleased and proud of the person she has become. everyone wants to condem Palin for a mistake of her daughter .

WRONG. It's her PUBLIC stance on these issues that condemn her, not the problems of her daughter. The daughter only illustrates the mistaken position that Palin has taken.

wasn't it gore that said "maybe we should inflate gas to $5 a gallon"? well the democatically controlled congress has almost done that

HUH? If you have a quote, let's hear it. Is it now your conspiracy that gas, controlled on a world market, is now being controlled by the US congress? In care you haven't heard, oil went from 20 some bucks a barrel to up to 150/barrl, now 120is as I recall.

Post some citations if you have hairbrained assertions.

Obama - $432,000,000 approx. annual budget.
Palin- I can't find an exact but it's approx. 7-8 Billion per year.

For purposes of reference, when she took over as mayor of Wasilla, the total budget she was handed for her first year was $8.2M. The budget she handed to her successor 6 years later was $18.6M. That's some serious growth! I read somewhere she also accumulated $20M worth of debt for the city during those 6 years. I can see now why the Republicans are so enamored with her. Bigger government and more debt...she rocks! :D

Blues,
Dave

So you are a libertarian? I only ask because a dem accusing the reps of bigger gov and more debt is pot/kettle area.
www.FourWheelerHB.com