sfc

crappy palin speak

i say she is 50-50 her son hasn't got anyone pregnant. the government wouldn't need to fund these programs if the parents took care of these issues with their kids and instilled morals in them(and 1 family doesn't work most families need to work at this to reduce pier pressure) . i don't think this is a government issue i think it is a parent issue so i would agree with not funding those programs.

Abortion, she wants it illegal all the time, a big issue of hers. Well,

I agree with her. I don't place much significance on polls or what others "think." I am definitely pro-life, and she is pro-life and that's good. It's a platform of the Republican party and so I don't think it is to her detriment to be pro-life. I suppose some will argue the difference between sorta pro-life and extremely pro-life. We have had a majority of conservative judges on the SC for some time now, and there has been no change in policy, so I don't think there's much for abortionists to worry about.

Awesome, you're a Bush man, a Plain woman, a 10 maybe 20%er. It worked for Bush, I think you'll be missing your pres/VP this time tho.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>I don't place much significance on polls or what others "think."

Welll that was the assertion in another thread that I brought over. In a Democratic society the majority is supposed to control some things.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I am definitely pro-life, and she is pro-life and that's good.

Being pro-life is your business and right, saying that a raped woman should not have an abortion if she wishes is an opinion shared by only the most extreme. I'm surethe women on theboard here consider you a real catch after that remark tho, hope you're not looking to date any of them. ;)

Obama - $432,000,000 approx. annual budget.
Palin- I can't find an exact but it's approx. 7-8 Billion per year.

For purposes of reference, when she took over as mayor of Wasilla, the total budget she was handed for her first year was $8.2M. The budget she handed to her successor 6 years later was $18.6M. That's some serious growth! I read somewhere she also accumulated $20M worth of debt for the city during those 6 years. I can see now why the Republicans are so enamored with her. Bigger government and more debt...she rocks! :D

Blues,
Dave

So you are a libertarian? I only ask because a dem accusing the reps of bigger gov and more debt is pot/kettle area.

Maybe you should check the figures before making a statement like that. The biggest ever increases in government pending came under Reagan and G.W. Bush. The biggest ever increases in deficit came under Reagan and G.W. Bush. The biggest number of earmarks (aka "pork") came under G.W. Bush, with assistance from a GOP controlled House and a GOP controlled Senate.

The GOP has done a wonderful job of brainwashing people into believing that they are the fiscally responsible party, when they have by far the worse track record.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

For purposes of reference, when she took over as mayor of Wasilla, the total budget she was handed for her first year was $8.2M. The budget she handed to her successor 6 years later was $18.6M. That's some serious growth! I read somewhere she also accumulated $20M worth of debt for the city during those 6 years. I can see now why the Republicans are so enamored with her. Bigger government and more debt...she rocks! :D

Blues,
Dave

So you are a libertarian? I only ask because a dem accusing the reps of bigger gov and more debt is pot/kettle area.

I suppose so, though I don't really stick with one party. I've voted for candidates from both major parties in different elections, but I've probably voted for more Libertarians than D's or R's in the last 8 years. I agree that both the D's and R's are for bigger government, it's just been my experience (as an adult) that the R's are bigger offenders than the D's.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

I suppose so, though I don't really stick with one party. I've voted for candidates from both major parties in different elections, but I've probably voted for more Libertarians than D's or R's in the last 8 years. I agree that both the D's and R's are for bigger government, it's just been my experience (as an adult) that the R's are bigger offenders than the D's.

Blues,
Dave

I really, really hate big government.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

I think the government needs to perform some pretty basic functions, and whenever practical, those functions should be performed by state governments. I'd like to see a hell of a lot less governmental intrusion in private lives.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I think the government needs to perform some pretty basic functions, and whenever practical, those functions should be performed by state governments. I'd like to see a hell of a lot less governmental intrusion in private lives.

Blues,
Dave

Fuckin A! livendive for 2012!
www.FourWheelerHB.com

It's not a perception. It's a bold faced omission.

If we're going to make comparison let's make it fair.

Obama - 2,500 employees
Palin - 15,000 employees

Again, Obama is irrelevant to the perception of her as a small time mayor. You seem unwilling to stay on target, need to change the discussion in order to respond.

Since you like comparisons, the projected budget shortfall in California is 16B, twice the entire budget (per you) of Alaska.

How is GWB even in your post? What does he have to do with the current election?

It has to do with blind faith.
I feel many would try to find something positive about whomever the VP selection was just because it is the republican nominee. I feel many just vote party lines and not what is best for the country.

Another reason I mention bush is because of the common mentality of his supporters and their refusal to believe any facts. They do every thing they can to add fog to the truth. I mean the maybe first lady of the future said she(Palin) has foreign policy experience because she lived close to Russia!!!!!! If that’s not reaching I don’t know what is.

I think her being a woman had to do more with her being picked then her experience and that in it self is sexiest, and in my opinion disgraceful.

Let me first say I associate with neither party. I feel I must say that because as soon as I start questioning someone they assume me to be in the opposite party which is untrue. I simply scrutinize both parties and am disappointed with what I see.

As far as blind faith and refusal to believe facts...both parties are equally guilty of that. Consider Obama's lack of experience for a second....that appears to me as a significant show of blind faith on the part of the dems.

Do you have a source for Palin's foreign policy experience remark? In all seriousness I'd really like to learn about it.

Speculating the reason she was selected is because she is female is actually pretty darn sexist. Nevermind her accomplishments during her short time as a governor. Her taking on corruption in her own party and winning. Taking on lobbyists. 80+% approvale rating in her own state. Yep nevermind all that stuff.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Let me first say I associate with neither party.

Rigght, just that your ideals are exclusively Republican and conservative is just pure coincidence.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I simply scrutinize both parties and am disappointed with what I see.

Let me hear your assessment of the Bush regime then? What, no criticisms? SHOCKING :o

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>As far as blind faith and refusal to believe facts...both parties are equally guilty of that.

Oh, like what with the Dems?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Consider Obama's lack of experience for a second....that appears to me as a significant show of blind faith on the part of the dems.

WHat has he fucked up? He and McCain are both senators, so what makes McCain so much more qualified? Cause he sat in Hanoi Hilton for 6 years? I doubt they schooled him or let him in on secrets.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Speculating the reason she was selected is because she is female is actually pretty darn sexist.

Not at all, stating that she was selected and will be incompetent IS sexist and I would never do that. I would be voting Hillary if that was the nominee. McCain had to counterthe minority thing I believe, so either a minority or a woman. I kinda expected Condi Rice, but she is too tight with the Bush's.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Do you have a source for Palin's foreign policy experience remark? In all seriousness I'd really like to learn about it.

I don't believe I made it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Her taking on corruption in her own party and winning.

That's still under debate.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nevermind her accomplishments during her short time as a governor. Her taking on corruption in her own party and winning. Taking on lobbyists. 80+% approvale rating in her own state. Yep nevermind all that stuff.

That's like bragging about your college stats as you get inducted into the pros...nice to talk about, doean't mean you're a success.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Under that logic, Clinton was responsible for the dot-com bubble bursting. I don't think it was Clinton's fault any more than I think that this mortgage bubble bursting is Bush's fault.

The Chairman of teh fed adjusts the rate, the pres appoints the chairman. Just as with Katrina, Bush doesn't normally order the intervention, FEMA's head, Brown does that and Brown fucked up. So shockingly, many of Bush's cabinet fucked up, real fucking coincidence. The captain is held responsible when the ship sinks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Perhaps that is why you think I am a Republican. Anyone who doesn't pin 100% of all bad in this planet on a Republican is a Republican, right?

You have Republican ideals, that makes you a Republican.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>You brought up the Unemployment rate earlier today. Take a look at Carter's unemployment rate. (Please note: he was also dealing with the residue of the failed Nixon domestic policies. But it seems that even with a democratic Congress, he failed to do anything positive with the economy.) Add unemployment and inflation rates and you've got a "misery index." I note that right now, the misery index is the highest since Nov. 1990.

Not defending Carter. He was elected because Ford gave Nixon a free ride.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Also - please note that the drops in the interest rate in the early 2000's were intended to prevent a full-on recession from occurring. Add the economic downturn and 9/11 together, it's amazing we didn't enter into a good-sized recession.

Yea, but at some point it's time to pay the piper and raise rates so home sellers don't adjust their prices and end up with a mortgage pyradim scheme. Bush and the fed chose not to. The beauty with the CLintom years is that we balanced the budget as we prospered. Something that hasn't been seen since Eisenhower.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>And just as with the dot-com bubble. Lots of people got VERY wealthy. Millions lost that money to them.

That was from the private sector, the mortgage meltdown was baased upon low interest rates too long.

She a well-dressed piece of trailer trash

Well, so much for an intelligent debate.

I've posted many pieces of evidence and made assertions, none are even addressed until I call her trailer trash,

Exactly. They were not addressed. Perhaps i is because you made a good and objective point for which no reasonable person could argue. Then you went a step further because nobody was arguing with you and called her "trailer trash."

Which provides a reasonable inference that you look down on some in society. I do not believe that you were intending to compliment Mrs. Palin, nor do I believe that you mentioned "trailer trash" as anything other than a pejorative.

As you can see by the responses of others, it is not perceived as "sarcasm." Instead, it is being perceived as insulting and degrading.

Abortion, she wants it illegal all the time, a big issue of hers. Well, <20% agree with her....what do ya think?

I disagree with her position. I am not calling her "trailer trash" or anything of that nature. Instead, I "respectfully" disagree. Perhaps it is the lack of disrespect or contempt that I show for those with whom I disagree that causes you to believe that I am a Republican.

Just because someone disagrees with me is no reason to condemn or degrade that person because we are all individuals with different views.

With the exception of a few people here, I don't get intelligent replies, so I;m having fun. On a serious note, someone that zealous, someone who thinks a raped woman should not have an abortion and would love to legislate that is trailer.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Which provides a reasonable inference that you look down on some in society. I do not believe that you were intending to compliment Mrs. Palin, nor do I believe that you mentioned "trailer trash" as anything other than a pejorative.

I don't look down on her in a socio-economic sense, I've been poor most my life, had to work as I attended college, had to leave home before 18, so I don't look at her socio-economic status as lesser, esp since she has waaaaaaaaaay more momeythan I do. I look at her invasive and exclusive policies as trash.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Perhaps it is the lack of disrespect or contempt that I show for those with whom I disagree that causes you to believe that I am a Republican. Just because someone disagrees with me is no reason to condemn or degrade that person because we are all individuals with different views.

Whatever. I have a black friend that says you will never hear racists saying the word, "nigger." So my reaction to what you wrote is similar. You want to make healthcare exclusive, yet are real nice about it. To me, actions are everything, words mean little to nothing. With EOE, the emphasis isn't if you spout racist comments, they care that you don't wrongly exclude people from employment or education, kind of substance over rhetoric. When I find people emphasizing on rhetoric, as you have with me, I understand that it is to distract from thimgs like my notion that we need medical care for all. So much easier for your side to try to be pleasant than to say, 'fuck those w/o medical care.

every birth control method can fail. the best parent can fail. there is no 100% sure way to deal with these problems. just like drugs, gangs and other things. My younger daughter ended up in alot of trouble with the law 11 years ago but we worked on it and got things straight and i am very pleased and proud of the person she has become. everyone wants to condem Palin for a mistake of her daughter but maybe it is just a kid being a kid. i know i put my parents through hell and they stuck by me and i am glad they did.

There goes that jet buzzing over your head entitled the point. Her form of birth control is abstinence, no room for variation. In fact, she is so inflexible that there is no room for condom use, hers is beyond birth control and with life control.

lol Ok what are my views since you know so much about me?

Bush is an idiot.

Are you seriously saying Obama's and McCain's level of experience are the same? Seriously?

You're funny.

Don't be Socratic, if you have a question, not rhetorical, then ask it. You seem to be all Republican, but I don't care. This election year brings in more than Bush, it brings in 5 of teh last pres terms being held by neo-cons, taking the debt from 1T to 10T and ths guy running now has no plans to differ.

To me, actions are everything, words mean little to nothing.

Seeing as how I'm currently providing healthcare and paying for insurance for myself, wife, two kids, law clerk, receptionist, paralegal and her three kids and anothe rparalegal and her two kids, my actions apparently speak louder than words. So my actions tend to demonstrate that healthcare is important.

The issue? I CHOOSE to provide health benefits to my employees. For how many people's health insurance are you paying? Or is the issue that you want other people to pay for other people's health insurance? Those are my actions. And I suppose it is arrogant and perhaps elitist to suggest that my employees are better at deciding what is the best for them.

For me, an HSA/3500PPO plan works best. But it is not for everyone. I get that.

I don't look down on her in a socio-economic sense,

But you do in another sense. You look down upon "HER" personally.

I look at her invasive and exclusive policies as trash.

That's a comment that is non-offensive. Not pejorative or insulting. I myself view plenty of her policies as shite. But I think that she's probably a delightful person.

That comment you made makes for a good discussion. That's my whole point. When attacking the person instead of the policy, then the focus becomes the person and not the policy.

"Good" people can do "bad" things, and vice versa. "Caring" people can be "cruel."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Awesome, you're a Bush man, a Plain woman, a 10 maybe 20%er. It worked for Bush, I think you'll be missing your pres/VP this time tho.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>I don't place much significance on polls or what others "think."

Welll that was the assertion in another thread that I brought over. In a Democratic society the majority is supposed to control some things.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I am definitely pro-life, and she is pro-life and that's good.

Being pro-life is your business and right, saying that a raped woman should not have an abortion if she wishes is an opinion shared by only the most extreme. I'm surethe women on theboard here consider you a real catch after that remark tho, hope you're not looking to date any of them.

Yes, I am a bushman. But not a Plain woman. Last time I checked there were definitely some kahunas down there. Your attempts to paint me as unpopular or in some minority are trivial.

And no, I don't care to date any of the gals on this board. (I have a beautiful wife of 25 + years and I'll stick with her.) If that, and being in some popular majority are the driving force behind your beliefs, you are truly pitiful.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

lol Ok what are my views since you know so much about me?

Bush is an idiot.

Are you seriously saying Obama's and McCain's level of experience are the same? Seriously?

You're funny.

Don't be Socratic, if you have a question, not rhetorical, then ask it. You seem to be all Republican, but I don't care. This election year brings in more than Bush, it brings in 5 of teh last pres terms being held by neo-cons, taking the debt from 1T to 10T and ths guy running now has no plans to differ.

Sorry Socratic is how I am. Don't mean to be. But since you accuse me of being a rep/con, which is not correct, I asked you to show me how I resemble the right. In many ways I resemble the left as well but that is mostly moral/social issues.

I agree the reps have overspent. So what's the solution? Raise taxes? I don't like that idea because once spending is under control and our debts are paid off... are the dems going to lower taxes? Not likely. They're going to spend it all and keep taxes raised with no relief in sight. Then what...we elect a rep so we can get our tax break and the cycle begins anew.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nevermind her accomplishments during her short time as a governor. Her taking on corruption in her own party and winning. Taking on lobbyists. 80+% approvale rating in her own state. Yep nevermind all that stuff.

That's like bragging about your college stats as you get inducted into the pros...nice to talk about, doean't mean you're a success.

College stats are the reason you get into the pros.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Consider Obama's lack of experience for a second....that appears to me as a significant show of blind faith on the part of the dems.

WHat has he fucked up? He and McCain are both senators, so what makes McCain so much more qualified? Cause he sat in Hanoi Hilton for 6 years? I doubt they schooled him or let him in on secrets.

Being a senator for roughly 20 times longer makes him more qualified. Figuring out how to push the YES or NO button during votes makes him more qualified.

Being in Hanoi does not qualify him for President. Coming back to serve his country for another 40 years after 6 years of toture shows character, dedication, and consistency.

So my reaction to what you wrote is similar. You want to make healthcare exclusive, yet are real nice about it. To me, actions are everything, words mean little to nothing.

Why does non-socialized healthcare suddenly mean exclusive? Because you're expected to pay for it yourself? Augusta National is exclusive. Paying for your own fucking healthcare is not exclusive.

Just as the Dems aren't wasting time impeaching Bush, as automatic with a fair lead in the House. The Dems aren't about being petty, they are about winning in Nov.

Yes the Dems are so honorable for not pursing impeachment. I barely noticed how they've gone after Bush these past few years. The Republicans are scum for impeaching Clinton for purjury.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

College stats are the reason you get into the pros.

Not these days. One reason USC has stayed on top is that the NFL is now drafting bench sitters who barely played, but still have the physical attributes, plus have the benefit of not wearing out their bodies for the past 4 years.

And plenty of high stat players go nowhere, because they're not tall enough or big enough or fast enough.