sfc

crappy palin speak

So she tells us:
How she likes men in uniform.
Spends forever talking about her family, yawn...
Use disabled kid to appeal to other disabled parents.
Hi mom and dad.
She likes hockey mums (i dig this, some of them mum are hot).
She was in the PTA (great this will really help her run the country).
Cheap shots at Obama, nothing about policy.
"John McCain is the same man" (McSame ?)
Thinks she is going to Washington.
She likes to drive herself to work.
She wants to drill drill drill.
More negative against Obama, nothing of substance and to why we should vote for her.
Tearjerking references to McCain in prison and how prison experience will help run the country.

A speech of soundbytes.

Nothing of value, but she does have nice jugs (not well presented tonight), but not the person to run the country if McCain kicks the bucket (statistically he should die around the end of his presidency)

It is a good day to be a democrat. :)

So she tells us:
Hi mom and dad.
She likes hockey mums (i dig this, some of them mum are hot).
More negative against Obama, nothing of substance and to why we should vote for her.
Tearjerking references to McCain in prison and how prison experience will help run the country.

A speech of soundbytes.

Nothing of value, but she does have nice jugs (not well presented tonight), but not the person to run the country if McCain kicks the bucket (statistically he should die around the end of his presidency)

It is a good day to be a democrat. :)

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Political speeches can be like that. :D

When Obama made his speech, it was all about how he was going to do just simply evereeething.
He would do it for free and everyone would be happy.

The general consensus was, "how do you do everything for everybody and it is free?"

Speeches are just politics and promises.
It's a little early for her to start promising.

However, it is a nice contrast from the Screeching Blue Banshee.
Ever wonder if her handlers had some kind of practical joke going on?
"Ok, tonight we'll have her dress in the Blue Robot Dress. However, to offset the robot-look, we'll have her flash the botox-dead-nerve smile-of-the-dead."

Hillaryous.

Wow. Simply stunning.

because they serve our country and protect our constitution. do you dislike military members?

It makes her human. Not just another talking head. Obama was criticized for being too elite. She is clearly not.

Because other people with disabled children can relate to her and what they're going through.

Hi mom and dad.
how dare she thank her parents

she understands schools and what they need. she was involved in her children's education. yes, that might help in running the country

Damn funny and everything she said was true

The same man he's always been does not reference McSame as you mean it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you realize the distinction.

We should get someone who thinks they're going to lose, apparently.

it was a reference to cutting rediculous governor perks that cost alaskan residents money. were you even listening?

Yes she does. She said that right before she said "just because drilling won't solve all our problems doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything. we also need to invest in solar, wind, clean coal, nuclear, and other alternative energy sources" seriously, were you listening?

except everything she said up to that point.

She said he's the only person running who has actually fought for the country. true. she said the Presidency is not a place for exploring yourself (or something to that effect) true. she said being a prisoner built the kind of character we need in a leader. true.

If you hated the speech or hate Palin then that's fine. Come up with some valid arguments instead of trying to be the first one with a new thread.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

When Obama made his speech, it was all about how he was going to do just simply evereeething.

The general consensus was, "how do you do everything for everybody and it is free?"

"Ok, tonight we'll have her dress in the Blue Robot Dress. However, to offset the robot-look, we'll have her flash the botox-dead-nerve smile-of-the-dead."

Hillaryous.

Obama was a bit over the top, but he did kindof explain how he was going to pay for things, but lacked details.

For me comparing the two the biggest difference was that Obama's speech was about what he would do and why you should vote for him.
Palin's was more about why you shouldn't vote for the other side.

Obama's speech was about what he would do and why you should vote for him.

Apples to oranges. Is this not the typical role for the VP nominee? Biden's speech was about his good buddy Johnny and why you shouldn't vote for him. You can probably be pretty sure that tomorrow night, McCain's speech will be much more similar to Obama's. Let's compare then.
Killing threads since 2004.

Obama was a bit over the top, but he did kindof explain how he was going to pay for things, but lacked details.

No he didn't. He said he's going to cut taxes for 95% of middle-class Americans. He left out the part about raising taxes everywhere else.

For me comparing the two the biggest difference was that Obama's speech was about what he would do and why you should vote for him.

He spent a fair amount of time laying into McCain during his speech. Palin did an outstanding job outlining why not to vote for Obama. She also talked about McCain's service, his experience, and his willingness to go against the flow. She also talked about her efforts in fighting the established government and oil companies in alaska. Then she talked about investing in nuclear, wind, solar, and clean coal energy starting in January.

Edit to add I completely agree with FlyingJ

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Heck, I could do that.

Over the next 4 years, half of the military in Iraq will come home. So, all those expenditures will be down.

There's the money. It will happen, regardless of the party of the President, but that party gets to spend the money.

i thought her speech was quite good. i didn't much care for all the person stuff in the beginning but you know, it was quite nice to hear the rebutt her opponents by describing that she actually HAS executive experience whereas obama and biden have ... zero.

say it w/ me people....

zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero :D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Hillaryous.

you are aware that they are running for different offices right?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Hillaryous.

you are aware that they are running for different offices right?

Really? I had no idea, thank you for pointing that out.

If you'd read the whole thread you might have noticed I was responding to happythoughts.

> it was quite nice to hear the rebutt her opponents by describing that
>she actually HAS executive experience whereas McCain has . . . zero.

Fixed it for you. If the GOP platform is going to be "vote for McCain because he's gonna die, and you'll get someone who can run a small state government!" I think people are going to start to question their judgment.

She absolutely kicked ass. She's even tougher than Dick Cheney! Prettier, more likeable, and most importantly she's better with a shotgun. She's gonna do a great job of assisting McCain in kicking both Obama's and Biden's asses in the next couple of months and exposing the typical Marxist lies.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

She absolutely kicked ass. She's tougher than Dick Cheney, prettier, more likeable, and most importantly she's probably better with a shotgun. She's gonna do a great job of kicking both Obama's and Biden's ass in the next couple of months and exposing the typical Marxist lies.

Maybe she kicked your ass, but mind did not get any feeling at any point during the speech.

>She's tougher than Dick Cheney, prettier, more likeable, and
>most importantly she's probably better with a shotgun.

It would not surprise me at all if those really are the primary qualifications for many Americans. "Yeah, she's not all that experienced, and she's under investigation for abuse of power. But boy is she cute."

i thought her speech was quite good. i didn't much care for all the person stuff in the beginning but you know, it was quite nice to hear the rebutt her opponents by describing that she actually HAS executive experience whereas obama and biden have ... zero.

say it w/ me people....

zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero :D

She definitely impressed me. As a VP nominee, she earmarks everything Obama is not.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

It would not surprise me at all if those really are the primary qualifications for many Americans. "Yeah, she's not all that experienced, and she's under investigation for abuse of power. But boy is she cute."

You have to admit she is cute for a VP. Personally I wouldn't vote for her for this reason alone, but you can imagine that some people wood :)

If you'd read the whole thread you might have noticed I was responding to happythoughts.

sorry, i didn't realize you were having a private conversation.

seriously, was there really anything she could have said to make you like her? i get the fealing that you made up your mind that you didn't like her before she even started to speak. that's ok, i liked her before this speech, but it is clear from your first post that you only heard what you wanted to hear.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

The only problem I have with her is that she is on the same ticket as McSame... Repubs have had the last 8 years to fuck up this country. I vote to let another party have a shot at it. I do like Palin, but am so sick of the Repubs eletist, self centered bull shi%$# !

Sorry, but look at our economical position and our world standing and tell me you can justify another 4-8 years of this crap.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Well, I was making a feeble attempt at humor, but you're right, I'm sure a lot of folks place a lot of weight on looks. "Pretty" is one of the main reasons Obama is still in the race.

Guilianni and Palin both kicked off the next two months by picking a great fight. Gonna be fun to watch it unfold. I can't wait to see the debates.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

>You have to admit she is cute for a VP.

She is indeed! And she speaks well. And if McCain makes it to age 76, it might not even matter much. Heck, maybe she can even spell potato; that would put her ahead of some more recent light-on-horsepower VP's we've had.

She absolutely kicked ass.........

Indeed. If she speaks half as well in debates as she did in this
teleprompter speech, her opponents will be in trouble. My bet is that they're
very concerned right now.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

sorry, i didn't realize you were having a private conversation.

seriously, was there really anything she could have said to make you like her? i get the fealing that you made up your mind that you didn't like her before she even started to speak. that's ok, i liked her before this speech, but it is clear from your first post that you only heard what you wanted to hear.

I don't like what she stands for (censorship, abortion, oil, guns and republicans), but I don't have any beef with her personally, and no shit of course I had an opinion before I heard her speech.
I did not hear what I wanted to hear, because I heard nothing of substance, I had hoped she would try to give reasons to make me believe she would be OK as a leader but I only heard the same old partisan attacks and some nice family stuff.
Unlike Biden I think she really needs to prove herself, there is a good chance that she will get the top job with McCain being in his 70s.

Wait....she's not qualified to be VP but Obama is qualified to be POTUS? How does that work? And yes it's fitting and very American the, potentially, first female VP is attractive.....unfortunately.
www.FourWheelerHB.com