sfc

crappy palin speak

Bush didn't ask for 911 or katrina but got them dropped in his lap and WE as a country have to deal with the results. 911 didn't happen because Bush was president, 911 happened because of the past.
Bush didn't cause Katrina he just got blamed for it.

No-one blamed Bush for Katrina (although I'm surprised God didn't tell him what to do about it in their nightly tete-a-tete).

Bush was RIGHTLY blamed for his reorganization of FEMA and for placing an incompetent political crony in charge of it.

Talk about a re-write of history!!!:S

Maybe you should learn to use search tools:D:D

Are you saying that Bush didn't reorganize FEMA, or that he didn't put an incompetent crony ("Brownie") in charge, or both?

Now you throw out the Strawman:D:D

I can only assume you hit "Post" before reading what you were replying to.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Never even suggested that.

So you agree with me, then! Cool.

>If he is hiding out in Pakistan (or the mountains near there depending on mood)
>if Pakistan won't actively seek him out, we're NOT going over the border...how
>do you suggest we snag him?

Go into Pakistan and get him.

Being in Afghanistan looking for Bin Laden is like losing your wallet at the DZ and then looking for it at a local bar - because the light is better in the bar.

>Never even suggested that.

So you agree with me, then! Cool.

>If he is hiding out in Pakistan (or the mountains near there depending on mood)
>if Pakistan won't actively seek him out, we're NOT going over the border...how
>do you suggest we snag him?

Go into Pakistan and get him.

Being in Afghanistan looking for Bin Laden is like losing your wallet at the DZ and then looking for it at a local bar - because the light is better in the bar.

I'd think the only way you're gonna get Bin Laden, is via unmanned remote-controlled armed attack planes, what was the name of those things? Getting him via troops on foot is just gonna get your ass blown up with him.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i guess nobody saw the report the other day about how pissed off Pakastan was after we went a couple miles into pakastan to get some militants. Bush has tried to get in there for years. Mow the afgan gov doesn't want air attacks. this is going to get harder not easier.

911 didn't happen because Bush was president, 911 happened because of the past.
Bush didn't cause Katrina he just got blamed for it.

I think you have failed to understand the nature of the Presidency and nature of leadership in general.

Any monkey can lead if everything is going right.

What makes a great leader and shows his true character is how he deals with the situation of everything going wrong.

In this regard, George W. Bush has been an abysmal failure.

I guess that makes Clinton a monkey

As far as katrina goes Bush moved more and suplies into a disaster area faster than ever before. he just got a late start thanks to the democratic govener and mayor being stupid. but then why would we want to actually blame the ones that said "there is no need to evacuate" and " don't worry mister president the levees are ok"

perfect example of the left saying ok lets go then they stand back and blame everyone else for the results. just like Iraq , they said ok lets do it then they said look what bush did and how much he cost us

They did? I know a lot of left leaning citizens who were against the invasion from the start - some of them (myself included) posted their views right here on SC- check out the archives.

61% of Dems in the House voted AGAINST the enabling resolution, which is hardly "ok let's do it".

perfect example of the left saying ok lets go then they stand back and blame everyone else for the results. just like Iraq , they said ok lets do it then they said look what bush did and how much he cost us

They did? I know a lot of left leaning citizens who were against the invasion from the start - some of them (myself included) posted their views right here on SC- check out the archives.

The left leaning democrats in washington voted to support it. I commend you in your foresight, though. I know plenty of right leaning citizens who thought it was a bad idea. The republicans in washington voted to support it.

The difference now is that the dems are pointing fingers just like marks said

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

The left leaning democrats in washington voted to support it. I commend you in your foresight, though. I know plenty of right leaning citizens who thought it was a bad idea. The republicans in washington voted to support it.

The difference now is that the dems are pointing fingers just like marks said

I'm finger pointing too.

I'm finger pointing too.

Yes, I've noticed. The problem is that you're only pointing a finger at Bush. He didn't order the military into Iraq by himself. That's the issue.

Who is the co-CinC then?

I can only assume you didn't actually read the congressional resolution.

I'm finger pointing too.

Yes, I've noticed. The problem is that you're only pointing a finger at Bush. He didn't order the military into Iraq by himself. That's the issue.

Who is the co-CinC then?

29 dem senators voted in favor. 81 dems in the house voted aye. No doubt the republicans supported the action in larger numbers. That doesn't absolve the democratic party of being involved in the decision.

If you want to point a finger, that's fine. Point it at washington. Bush is the CinC and has no excuse for his decisions. He is the one who made the decision. Congress approved it and dems were involved in that approval.

I'm finger pointing too.

Who is the co-CinC then?

29 dem senators voted in favor. 81 dems in the house voted aye. No doubt the republicans supported the action in larger numbers. That doesn't absolve the democratic party of being involved in the decision.

If you want to point a finger, that's fine. Point it at washington. Bush is the CinC and has no excuse for his decisions. He is the one who made the decision. Congress approved it and dems were involved in that approval.

Try again - the vote total is not the resolution. What did they actually approve? What were the words? I guess you really did NOT read it, did you?

By the way, 61% of Dems in the house voted "NAY". Under 3% of GOP representatives voted "NAY". So claiming the Dems said "let's do it" is inaccurate.

I'm finger pointing too.

Who is the co-CinC then?

Try again - the vote total is not the resolution. What did they actually approve? What were the words? I guess you really did NOT read it, did you?

By the way, 61% of Dems in the house voted "NAY". Under 3% of GOP representatives voted "NAY". So claiming the Dems said "let's do it" is inaccurate.

If 39% voted aye then yes, they did have something to do with it. how can you absolve the entire party of any responsibility? Bush is the CinC and there's no denying it was his call. But, he could not have gone through with it if 100% of dems voted no.

Apparently some others believed it was a problem.

Iraq admitted, among other things, an offensive biological warfare capability, notably, 5,000 gallons of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157 aerial bombs. And I might say UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq has actually greatly understated its production.... Over the past few months, as [the weapons inspectors] have come closer and closer to rooting out Iraq's remaining nuclear capacity, Saddam has undertaken yet another gambit to thwart their ambitions by imposing debilitating conditions on the inspectors and declaring key sites which have still not been inspected off limits.... It is obvious that there is an attempt here, based on the whole history of this operation since 1991, to protect whatever remains of his capacity to produce weapons of mass destruction, the missiles to deliver them, and the feed stocks necessary to produce them. The UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq still has stockpiles of chemical and biological munitions, a small force of Scud-type missiles, and the capacity to restart quickly its production program and build many, many more weapons.... Now, let's imagine the future. What if he fails to comply and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route, which gives him yet more opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction. And some day, some way, I guarantee you he'll use the arsenal.... President Clinton ~ 1998

Even more telling is he felt this way in 1998 and didn't act on it. What was he waiting for?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

The vote would not have passed if WE as a nation didn't want it to.

Completely agree

Apparently you STILL haven't read the actual wording of the resolution.

Yes, I've read the resolution. The one short titled

"This joint resolution may be cited as the `Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq'"

The vote would not have passed if WE as a nation didn't want it to.

Completely agree

Apparently you STILL haven't read the actual wording of the resolution.

Yes, I've read the resolution. The one short titled

"This joint resolution may be cited as the `Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq'"

Right - and it left the decision to the CinC to use force if all else failed! And all else had NOT failed, because the UNSCOM was still providing reports of compliance until Bush told them to leave.

The Congress didn't vote to invade Iraq. The Congress gave no orders to the Pentagon.