Rookie120

And McCains VP is Palin

Well, I'm officially announcing my support for Senator Oba-

Whoa, wait a minute - that's some nice eye-candy up on stage to the right.

Stop! Must focus. Baseball, baseball, college diffy-Q. Yes, as I was about to say, Barack Ooooooooooo - Milf hottie. I'd sure like to ...

No! Concentrate! McCain in underwear! :o

Miss Congeniality - that means she's nice, right?

Darn it! I think I'm getting electile dysfunction.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Obviously, he took my advice.
But I'm still humble.

Anyhow, now the Dems are in trouble. The MILF factor is huge.

http://www.vpilf.com/

Joke all you want, but now he has a trophy wife and a trophy Veep on his arm at all times. Think about him walking on stage in the next few weeks with Cindy on one side and Palin on the other....then think about the typical Republican....

McCain's first wife? Beauty queen.
McCain's second wife? Beauty queen.
McCain's VP pick?.... BEAUTY QUEEN (lost the Miss Alaska pageant)

I wonder how far back in time this sets the woman's movement?

Wasn't the idea of having a woman in office supposed to be that crap like beauty pageants were stupid?

Exactly how does vpilf.com work to HELP things?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Obviously, he took my advice.
But I'm still humble.

Anyhow, now the Dems are in trouble. The MILF factor is huge.

http://www.vpilf.com/

Joke all you want, but now he has a trophy wife and a trophy Veep on his arm at all times. Think about him walking on stage in the next few weeks with Cindy on one side and Palin on the other....then think about the typical Republican....

McCain's first wife? Beauty queen.
McCain's second wife? Beauty queen.
McCain's VP pick?.... BEAUTY QUEEN (lost the Miss Alaska pageant)

I wonder how far back in time this sets the woman's movement?

Wasn't the idea of having a woman in office supposed to be that crap like beauty pageants were stupid?

Exactly how does vpilf.com work to HELP things?

Pure desperation that will backfire, esp since McSame can no longer chant this experience rhetoric. McSame dies, we have 2 years experience running the show, Obama dies, we have 30+ years there with foreign experience running it. Really dumb on the part of the righties.

McSame dies, we have 2 years experience running the show, Obama dies, we have 30+ years there with foreign experience running it. Really dumb on the part of the righties.

The bigger problem we'd have is if Obama lives ... NO (ZERO) experience running ANY office.

:S

steveOrino

>NO (ZERO) experience running ANY office.

You mean other than the Illinois Health and Human Services Committee, the office of US Senator, and the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Affairs?

On the minus side, he never won a beauty contest.

>Is that an admission on your part that Senator Obama is incompetent
>to be president, given his experience level?

Nope! But the GOP is going to have to decide whether experience plays a major role or not. If it does, then McCain just screwed up his first "presidential" decision bigtime, and deserves to be called on the carpet for it. If it does not, then they're going to have to do a screeching 180 on the "not ready to be president" theme.

Personally I don't think that you have to be a Washington insider to be president. In fact I think there are some very good things to be said for someone who hasn't had decades to accrue political debts that have to be paid off once they are elected.

I think McCain just pushed my vote a little more toward Obama.

Like to explain why a little?

Well, my mind is still open until I learn more about her (and McCain). But from what little I know about her now, my opinion is that she is not qualified to be President, and therefore not qualified to be VP either. And of course the creationist thing is a pretty big put-off.

I'm leaning toward Obama anyway, but there is something weird about McCain's VP choice - seems to be more strategy to get him elected rather than strategy to do a good job running the country.

Not at all, in fact. Though I'm sure the differentiation between President and Vice President will be lost on many pulling the lever for Senator Obama.

Sen Obama's campaign didn't stop the 'Change You Can Believe In' mantra when the consummate Washington insider was chosen for the VP spot on the Dem ticket, did they?

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I think McCain just pushed my vote a little more toward Obama.

Like to explain why a little?

Well, my mind is still open until I learn more about her (and McCain). But from what little I know about her now, my opinion is that she is not qualified to be President, and therefore not qualified to be VP either. And of course the creationist thing is a pretty big put-off.

I'm leaning toward Obama anyway, but there is something weird about McCain's VP choice - seems to be more strategy to get him elected rather than strategy to do a good job running the country.

Yeah I totally know what you mean. And what's up with McCain being to scared to have a debate with Obama, always speaking with everything scripted before. And every time somebody asks him a complicated question giving such a stupid moronic answer he displays his inexperience so much that he imediately needs to retract his position the next day.

Oh wait thats not McCain, that Obama.
Hmmm, and to think the guy Obama picked for his VP (Biden) just a few months ago on a national debate practically said Obama was a joke and said that he would rather run against McCain or as McCain's vp that with Obama.

You know with me being completely independent about the whole thing, I think I might be leaning toward McCain now.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

> Though I'm sure the differentiation between President and Vice
>President will be lost on many pulling the lever for Senator Obama.

If your argument is "vice presidents never have to do a president's job!" it may not fly with a 72 year old candidate.

>Sen Obama's campaign didn't stop the 'Change You Can Believe
>In' mantra when the consumate plagiarist...er...Washington insider was
>chosen for the VP spot on the Dem ticket, did they?

No. Why should they? Change happens because people make it happen, not because a candidate is black, female or young.

Do you believe that if McCain is elected (since he is pretty much the ultimate insider) that nothing will change?

the Dems are now free to unleash Hillary
on Palin -- Palin doesn't stand a chance against her ...

Why do you say that? The last I read Hillary is no longer in the running.

so?

You don't have to be a candidate to campaign - and Clinton will
continue to campaign ... and she will take Palin apart on policy.

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

But from what little I know about her now, my opinion is that she is not qualified to be President, and therefore not qualified to be VP either.

and therefore neither is Obama according to Billvon whom I have to agree with.

I don't agree with that. I think Obama is qualified. But to be fair, I know a lot more about Obama than I know about Palin (or McCain), so I won't make my decision until I have more information.

I hope most of the posts here are for shock value to get folks riled up and not their real true thoughts. I am really surprised by the VP choice. Of all the VP options, Palin is McCains choice? How can any rational person not think this is an odd decision? I doubt many people in this country have ever heard of Palin or even realized Alaska had people living there. I doubt many people even know where Alaska is. Isn't the point of a VP is to have someone that shares your views, balances out your extremes and is the best #2 person to yourself?

you can't get elected president to do a good job unless you can get the shallow, easily moved and generally stupid people to vote for you. it doesn't matter how good you could be at being president unless you get elected. unfortunatly a great number of americans are to ignorant to be won over with the facts and truth so most candidates use several tricks to get people to vote for them.

I like the choice for VP. She has a good record and very little in the closet. she is not going to be the president right now but can be groomed for it over the next few years. Unlike Obama he could be a good VP and Biden could groom him but not the other way. I live in Illinois and realy think Obama isn't doing a good job. to many people like him because of his quick rise to were he is now and his celebrity status. obama actually has a bad record for what he has voted on. he voted to not lengthen prison terms for violent offenders. he has voted for raising taxes for all the little projects. All that i have heard over the last month about Palin is good stuff and that she is well respected for what she has done.

sounds like a goo choice to me.

> How can any rational person not think this is an odd decision?

It is indeed, but I think he chose it for winning potential, not for rationality. Some issues:

She is a creationist. A poll in 2007 showed that 66% of the US believes in creationism in some form (YEC, OEC etc.) She supports an anti-gay-marriage amendment and is very opposed to legal abortion. That will help him woo back the religious right, which he is in danger of losing.

She's good looking (was a beauty pageant winner) and there are some people who will vote on that basis alone.

She's an 'unusual' candidate (mooseburgers etc) and the GOP can use that to claim "See? We're doing the change thing too!"

She does indeed have a lot of baggage (she recently admitted she has no idea what a VP does, and there's at least one big scandal linked to her) but being a younger woman, the GOP will be able to use the "you leave that poor woman alone you monster!" angle.

>Isn't the point of a VP is to have someone that shares your views,
>balances out your extremes and is the best #2 person to yourself?

I think in McCain's mind, none of that matters if he loses the election.