Rookie120

And McCains VP is Palin

only in your eyes and a few others from the far left

I don't think most people would consider me "the far left." I'm ready for a leader who acts like one. A leader who doesn't say stupid shit like, "Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb Iran" on camera. A President who makes me proud rather than embarasses me. Obama ain't perfect for me on policy stuff, he's just less unattractive than McCain. But on character and leadership ability, I'd consider him FAR better than McCain. Remember what McCain did to his first wife? How's that for character? On the leadership end of things, I'll admit that I don't think McCain would be as awful as Bush, but does ANYONE believe that fake smile of his?! It's almost as bad as that smirk of Bush's.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I don't think most people would consider me "the far left." I'm ready for a leader who acts like one. A leader who doesn't say stupid shit like, "Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb Iran" on camera. A President who makes me proud rather than embarasses me. Obama ain't perfect for me on policy stuff, he's just less unattractive than McCain. But on character and leadership ability, I'd consider him FAR better than McCain. Remember what McCain did to his first wife? How's that for character? On the leadership end of things, I'll admit that I don't think McCain would be as awful as Bush, but does ANYONE believe that fake smile of his?! It's almost as bad as that smirk of Bush's.

Blues,
Dave

well if Obama gets elected i hope he is better at taking care of us than he helps his half brother.

Blues,
Dave

well if Obama gets elected i hope he is better at taking care of us than he helps his half brother.

Given that I haven't talked to my own half-brother in over 20 years, and I don't expect Obama to "take care of me", I'm not too worried about it.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Hey.. where is all that much vaunted rePUBICan personal responsibility??

How about taking care of yourself and not expecting the government to take care of you.:S:S:S

Hey.. where is all that much vaunted rePUBICan personal responsibility??

How about taking care of yourself and not expecting the government to take care of you.:S:S:S

I don't expect any help nor do i want any from the government. just thought it was funny / and sad that on the radio show I was listening to they were taking up a collection for Obama's half brother and had raised well over $2,000 in a matter of minutes, to send to Obama's brother. then they talked about Obama saying how we should take care family and the less fortunate and it was our duty to do this, but they questioned if Obama really believed in what he was telling us because he hasn't even, at any time, helped his brother, or practiced what he preached with his own family.
then they covered donations and reported biden's donations at about $300 a year, Obama's was a little over 6% last year and McCain donated over 23$ of his salery last year. I do believe in giving a helping hand to those that need it, but only when they try to help themselves. I have donated several thousand dollars in the last couple years to my local community and I am a little guy. makes me feel sad that the people that want us to be Patiotic and support those in need have given very little themselves.

>Obama's was a little over 6%

$60,307 in 2006, $240,000 in 2007. Gotta get better information.

>I have donated several thousand dollars in the last couple years to
>my local community and I am a little guy.

That's great! You may not be able to donate as much as Obama does, but every little bit helps.

>Obama's was a little over 6%

$60,307 in 2006, $240,000 in 2007. Gotta get better information.

>I have donated several thousand dollars in the last couple years to
>my local community and I am a little guy.

That's great! You may not be able to donate as much as Obama does, but every little bit helps.

so since Obama earned $991,000 in 2006 and gave $60,000 that would be slightly over 6% just like reported
Year Total income Gifts to charity Federal taxes
2000 $240,726 $2,350 $63,732

2001 $275,123 $1,470 $86,072

2002 $260,824 $1,050 $68,958

2003 $238,327 $3,400 $51,856

2004 $207,647 $2,500 $40,426

2005 $1,670,995 $77,315 $545,614

2006 $991,296 $60,307 $277,431

suprisinly the donations didn't increase till he started to run for president. must have wanted to look good

Remember what McCain did to his first wife? How's that for character? On the leadership end of things, I'll admit that I don't think McCain would be as awful as Bush, but does ANYONE believe that fake smile of his?! It's almost as bad as that smirk of Bush's.

Yes, it is. But, I think this is much more a question of his 3rd teeth (or 4th?)

What did he do to his first wife? Tell me first hand, pls.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

suprisinly the donations didn't increase till he started to run for president. must have wanted to look good

It couldn't have been because the Obamas ( I believe they file jointly) were making quite a bit more money, instead of just wanting to look good? in 05, they made 200k, the next year they made 1.6m
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

come on only 6% ? its time to step up, it's time to be patriotic, lets get with it, it's our duty. (as Biden said) Before 2006 i donated more making 30% of what Obama made. what he donated was probably close to the max amount for his church to operate (don't know who he gave to) not for people that needed help.

>come on only 6%?

Twice the national average. $60K, on the other hand, is $1600 - so he donates 37 times as much as your average american, even during the year you are mocking him for donating too little.

>Before 2006 i donated more making 30% of what Obama made.

How many kids/student loans did you have?

>come on only 6%?

Twice the national average. $60K, on the other hand, is $1600 - so he donates 37 times as much as your average american, even during the year you are mocking him for donating too little.

>Before 2006 i donated more making 30% of what Obama made.

How many kids/student loans did you have?

2 kids in college (one paid for by the person that ran her over with a car) the other the first $20,000 i paid the next 45,000 still working on paying.

so since Obama earned $991,000 in 2006 and gave $60,000 that would be slightly over 6% just like reported
Year Total income Gifts to charity Federal taxes
2000 $240,726 $2,350 $63,732

2001 $275,123 $1,470 $86,072

2002 $260,824 $1,050 $68,958

2003 $238,327 $3,400 $51,856

2004 $207,647 $2,500 $40,426

2005 $1,670,995 $77,315 $545,614

2006 $991,296 $60,307 $277,431

Why do I suspect that if we were talking about how much the US spends on foreign aid (e.g. natural disaster relief) compared to other countries, you would be one of the first ones to argue that the US is generous because we spend the most in absolute dollars?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!