Rookie120

And McCains VP is Palin

"I think it's a stretch to, in any way, to say that she's got the experience to be president of the United States," Mr Hagel told the Omaha World-Herald newspaper.

Good thing she's not running for President.

If we're going to have the same argument again, I find this much more telling.

http://tennesseefree.com/2008/08/23/joe-biden-on-barack-obama-not-ready-for-the-presidency-but-john-mccain-is/

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

>Good thing she's not running for President.

Yeah, that's an odd aspect of this.

One issue is, of course, that McCain is more likely to die in office than your typical candidate (based purely on his age) and thus the likelihood of her being president is higher.

Another issue is that everyone (even the McCain campaign) seems to see her as a presidential surrogate. McCain's top policy advisor, Nancy Pfotenhauer, recently said:

"So, I do believe that Senators tend to view other senate experience as the most important while the American people have shown in election after election that they view being governor of a state to be absolutely crucial. That's why whether it's Republicans or Democrats, I mean you go back through history and see why governors tend to do very, very well in presidential elections because the American people recognize running a state is probably the best training for running a country."

That's an argument against McCain for president, and an argument for Palin for president. And that's from McCain's own campaign.

>Good thing she's not running for President.

Yeah, that's an odd aspect of this.

One issue is, of course, that McCain is more likely to die in office than your typical candidate (based purely on his age) and thus the likelihood of her being president is higher.

Another issue is that everyone (even the McCain campaign) seems to see her as a presidential surrogate. McCain's top policy advisor, Nancy Pfotenhauer, recently said:

"So, I do believe that Senators tend to view other senate experience as the most important while the American people have shown in election after election that they view being governor of a state to be absolutely crucial. That's why whether it's Republicans or Democrats, I mean you go back through history and see why governors tend to do very, very well in presidential elections because the American people recognize running a state is probably the best training for running a country."

That's an argument against McCain for president, and an argument for Palin for president. And that's from McCain's own campaign.

She said presidential elections. Which is what this is. She brings more to the ticket because people see that governor experience as a good thing.

If you take it as an argument against McCain then it's also an argument against the entire Dem ticket.

"I think it's a stretch to, in any way, to say that she's got the experience to be president of the United States," Mr Hagel told the Omaha World-Herald newspaper.

Good thing she's not running for President.

If we're going to have the same argument again, I find this much more telling.

http://tennesseefree.com/2008/08/23/joe-biden-on-barack-obama-not-ready-for-the-presidency-but-john-mccain-is/

True, but running mates matter because - well, things sometimes happen - we have to accept that we're voting for both people. In essence we ARE voting for the vice-president (possible future president?) too.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

True, but running mates matter because - well, things sometimes happen - we have to accept that we're voting for both people. In essence we ARE voting for the vice-president (possible future president?) too.

Ian

Agreed. I was disputing your article. Hagel said Palin wasn't ready. Ok, thanks for the opinion.

Binden, the VP candidate, said his own running mate isn't ready and he'd rather be with McCain.

There will always be someone who doesn't like one of the candidates. It's hard to call out the other party on it when your VP talked bad about the P.

>She said presidential elections. Which is what this is.

I agree - which is why it's odd that she's outlining a qualification that McCain does NOT have, but Palin does.

>If you take it as an argument against McCain then it's also an argument against
>the entire Dem ticket.

I'm not doing the "X is better than Y" thing. I am talking about why everyone (on both sides) is seeing Palin as a presidential rather than a vice presidential candidate.

What is really intruiging in following the discussions on Speakers Corner is that, while you have a President who has bankrupted every company he has ever worked for, and has now almost completely bankrupted the country.....(No real surprise here, just prior experience repeating itself)

While all that is going on, you are discussing which duo is better to lead the country. The duo made up of a bad pilot, who dumped a beauty queen when she got ugly to marry another beauty queen and the running mate who is a beauty pageant loser. Or the opponents who are two lawyers....

Lol, you guys are fucked.

What is really intruiging in following the discussions on Speakers Corner is that, while you have a President who has bankrupted every company he has ever worked for, and has now almost completely bankrupted the country.....(No real surprise here, just prior experience repeating itself)

While all that is going on, you are discussing which duo is better to lead the country. The duo made up of a bad pilot, who dumped a beauty queen when she got ugly to marry another beauty queen and the running mate who is a beauty pageant loser. Or the opponents who are two lawyers....

---------------------------------------------------------

Fucked? you want 2 lawyers? have you been in court lately on followed what happens in the court system? talk about fucked up, maybe you want another added pile of shit in the white house on top of the one we have now.

Fucked? you want 2 lawyers? have you been in court lately on followed what happens in the court system? talk about fucked up, maybe you want another added pile of shit in the white house on top of the one we have now.

I think an education in and understanding of constitutional law will be a lot more helpful to the position than an education in flying or journalism.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I think an education in and understanding of constitutional law will be a lot more helpful to the position than an education in flying or journalism.

Blues,
Dave

mark doesn't believe in formal education. Even for medical doctors, engineers and lawyers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Blues,
Dave

mark doesn't believe in formal education. Even for medical doctors, engineers and lawyers.

i didn't say education wasn't needed, just what you learn in college from outdated instructors doesn't do much good. self eduacated and motivated people impress me more than a college graduate. at no time would i pay a person more for being a college grad. effort and ability matter not a college eduacation.

> I'm sure you could breeze through med school in your spare time without breaking a sweat.

Exactly. Those doctors. Now, when I need a new liver, give me that guy who works in a slaughterhouse any day over one of those fancy "school taught" surgeons. That surgeon doesn't know how the real world works! He's been stuck in his ivory tower learning to speak Latin or something for years. Why, most surgeons have done only a few dozen liver transplants at most. Wouldn't you rather have a guy who deals with hundreds of livers, every day, every week?

Yeah, because graduating from college requires no effort or ability. I'm sure you could breeze through med school in your spare time without breaking a sweat.

Blues,
Dave

again i didn't say eduacation wasn't needed, just that alot of teachers are outdated and don't have a clue what's going on in the real world. In my field if you have been teaching for 10 years you realistically couldn't teach someone to do my job. As i stated in one of my other posts, my brother, got most of his needed training and information from currant doctors, books, equipment companies, and assisting in the field. most of what he was taught in med school was old outdated information from instructors that were to long in school to be effective with todays procedures and technologies.

>just that alot of teachers are outdated and don't have a clue what's going on
>in the real world.

Calculus teachers don't teach you what's going on in the real world. They teach you how to do calculus.

Signals and systems teachers don't teach you what's going on in the real world. They teach you how to manipulate signals and design systems.

>As i stated in one of my other posts, my brother, got most of his needed
>training and information from currant doctors, books, equipment companies, and
>assisting in the field.

Uh, yeah. That's how doctors are educated.

>in the real world.

Calculus teachers don't teach you what's going on in the real world. They teach you how to do calculus.

Signals and systems teachers don't teach you what's going on in the real world. They teach you how to manipulate signals and design systems.

thats good for grade school and junior high, high school should be the transition to starting to achieve sucsess in real life and college should teach you how to do a job in the real world. or do you believe that spending 20k-200k for higher eduacation and still not have the skills to do a job is good teaching?

As contrasted by the stellar management of AIG? I don't think I've heard of doom and gloom predictions for unemployment insurance. They're definitely out there for social security supplemental income, which kind of captures disability insurance by association, but last I heard, that program was still operating in the black, which is better than AIG can say. And honestly, my guess would be that if you separated disability insurance from supplemental income, the former would be sufficiently funded to last quite some time. It's the latter that's gonna screw us, which is why all of our politicians keep making empty promises to fix it.

Blues,
Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not up to speed on AGI yet however, if they were into mortgages as well as insurance then it is related to Fannie and Freddie. But I dont know if AGI was a mortgage carrier

Uh Mark... its A I G......:ph34r:That is fairly hard to miss that spelling.

Blues,
Dave

Come on baby, lets do the twist.

Come on bbbaaaaaaabyyyyyyy, lets do the twist

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Blues,
Dave

i didn't say education wasn't needed, just what you learn in college from outdated instructors doesn't do much good. self eduacated and motivated people impress me more than a college graduate. at no time would i pay a person more for being a college grad. effort and ability matter not a college eduacation.
Oh please, dont bother. He will twist and bend untill you will have to go back 10 pages to remember how the hell it all started.

I will admit he is good at it. AND IT IS MADDNING!

But just remember to smile and say to yourself "Its only kallend, its only kallen"

:D

:P
Abraham Lincoln

As contrasted by the stellar management of AIG? I don't think I've heard of doom and gloom predictions for unemployment insurance. They're definitely out there for social security supplemental income, which kind of captures disability insurance by association, but last I heard, that program was still operating in the black, which is better than AIG can say. And honestly, my guess would be that if you separated disability insurance from supplemental income, the former would be sufficiently funded to last quite some time. It's the latter that's gonna screw us, which is why all of our politicians keep making empty promises to fix it.

Blues,
Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not up to speed on AGI yet however, if they were into mortgages as well as insurance then it is related to Fannie and Freddie. But I dont know if AGI was a mortgage carrier

Uh Mark... its A I G......:ph34r:That is fairly hard to miss that spelling.

I can do it and I proved it!!!:D
Abraham Lincoln

>in the real world.

thats good for grade school and junior high, high school should be the transition to starting to achieve sucsess in real life and college should teach you how to do a job in the real world. or do you believe that spending 20k-200k for higher eduacation and still not have the skills to do a job is good teaching?

Did you learn calculus in grade school, or in junior high?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>in the real world.

Did you learn calculus in grade school, or in junior high?

Did you learn manners on the street?
Abraham Lincoln