Rookie120

And McCains VP is Palin

i am in the service buisiness and i will take a self taught over a book smart employee any day. college means nothing in this buisiness and alot of blue collar jobs. eduacation is needed but can be learned without teachers with drive and ambition.

Fine. Hope the same works out for you when you want a doctor. Or a lawyer. Or an engineered product that works.

----------------------------------------------------------

my brother is a doctor and most of his learning comes from fellow doctors, books, case studies and experience not from teachers at a university. his comment on the time spent in school was "the teachers are to far behind from time spent not being in the real world that most of what they know is to outdated to use"

>Your current VP candidate AND one of your last VP candidates has said
>Obama is not ready and McCain would be better.

I think most of the country is laughing at any Palin supporters who use the word "unqualified" to describe Obama. That whole talking point is backfiring big time. The only reply any of them have are the misdirections like the ones above - "but . . . but . . . Biden claimed Obama wasn't very good when he was running against him!"

Well, duh. That would be like someone dredging up Bush's statements against McCain when he was running against him for the nomination in 2000.

Remember back when the GOP was making fun of Obama for running on a campaign of "change?" Now McCain is the candidate of change.

I think a lot of republicans keep hoping McCain can stick to a coherent and rational strategy in the next few months, instead of changing constantly to follow Obama's lead. His convention bounce is gone, and he's back to the just-trailing Obama position he had going into the convention. We'll see.

i am in the service buisiness and i will take a self taught over a book smart employee any day. college means nothing in this buisiness and alot of blue collar jobs. eduacation is needed but can be learned without teachers with drive and ambition.

Fine. Hope the same works out for you when you want a doctor. Or a lawyer. Or an engineered product that works.

----------------------------------------------------------

my brother is a doctor and most of his learning comes from fellow doctors, books, case studies and experience not from teachers at a university. his comment on the time spent in school was "the teachers are to far behind from time spent not being in the real world that most of what they know is to outdated to use"

Good - find yourself a doctor who didn't go to college or med school and you'll be just fine.

Better not jump out of any Otters either, deHaviland employs formally educated engineers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

no it is no. the government doesn't run insurance companies, insurance companies run them selves, offer a product and consumers buy it.

Ever heard of social security disability insurance? What about unemployment insurance?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

hospitals are a buisiness not an infrastructure and get built on loans sometimes from government but alot are from private investors. they get subsidised from government alot because of the losses due to illegals and welfare recipients.

Apparently, you don't quite understand what the word infrastructure means. Perhaps a result of not having enough formal education?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

hospitals are a buisiness not an infrastructure and get built on loans sometimes from government but alot are from private investors.

So what are EMT's? Business or infrastructure? What about police and firemen? Garbagemen? Electrical utilities?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

hospitals are a buisiness not an infrastructure and get built on loans sometimes from government but alot are from private investors. they get subsidised from government alot because of the losses due to illegals and welfare recipients.

Apparently, you don't quite understand what the word infrastructure means. Perhaps a result of not having enough formal education?

------------------------------------------------------
Infrastructure typically refers to the technical structures that support a society, such as roads, water supply, wastewater, power grids, floodmanagement systems, communications (internet, phone lines, broadcasting), and so forth. In the past, these systems have typically been owned and managed by local or central governments

this is the short form from wikipedia

>hospitals are a buisiness not an infrastructure . . .

?? They are both - just like toll roads.

You advocate the government building roads, rather than allowing private businesses to build toll roads (as is often the case here.) Yet you do not advocate building hospitals, and prefer them to be private.

That is a contradictory position on the face of it. At a deeper level, as I mentioned, you like public roads and don't like public hospitals. And there's nothing wrong with that. But again, it is attitudes like that (i.e. "give me my government funded stuff and trash someone else's") that is the reason that government keeps getting bigger. And, incidentally, the sort of manipulation that Palin has proven she excels at.

Want government to shrink? Be willing to give up your favorite government expense, whether it be roads, or the war in Iraq, or veteran's hospital expenses. If not - well, look in the mirror when you want to find someone to blame for bigger government.

------------------------------------------------------
Infrastructure typically refers to the technical structures that support a society, such as roads, water supply, wastewater, power grids, floodmanagement systems, communications (internet, phone lines, broadcasting), and so forth. In the past, these systems have typically been owned and managed by local or central governments

this is the short form from wikipedia

You could add hospitals and schools to your list, and it would still be far from complete.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

?? They are both - just like toll roads.

We pay to drive on tolls. You support gov. healthcare in which only the "rich" pay. If the guy driving the BMW had to pay for 15 Goe Metros behind him then I'm sure there would people upset.

You advocate the government building roads, rather than allowing private businesses to build toll roads (as is often the case here.) Yet you do not advocate building hospitals, and prefer them to be private.

Everyone uses roads equally and as much as they please. One car does not demand more from the road than another. I'm sure you could get technical with a car's weight or miles traveled, but that's just minimal semantics. The problem with comparing roads to healthcare is that not every person needs the same medical care. Some need hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of care and some never go to the doctor. Yet, the higher taxed (i.e. "rich") pay for it all.

The road needs repaving every now and then. A doctor is slightly more skilled. The same road can be driven by all. The same physician cannot perform brain surgery. The analogy is rediculous and a poor attempt to compare apples and oranges.

Road = used equally by all
healthcare = used in drastically different ways and paid for by the most successful

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

I think most of the country is laughing at any Palin supporters who use the word "unqualified" to describe Obama.

Just like they laugh at you when you try to claim Obama is qualified to be President, but Palin is not qualified to be VP.

Well, duh. That would be like someone dredging up Bush's statements against McCain when he was running against him for the nomination in 2000.

Oh, I get it..It is fine to use quotes from people when it HELPS you, but not when it HURTS you...Sorry, I didn't know only your quotes should be counted.

You try to parade out a business person who said that Palin could not run her company....But added that she does not think the others could eitherl....But that's all you needed to hear.

But a POLITICIAN that has run for the VP slot, and the CURRENT POLITICIAN that is running for the VP slot both make statements about a POLITICIAN not being ready or the best choice and that should be ignored....

WTF?!?!?!?!?

Your position and comment makes no logical sense.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

no it is no. the government doesn't run insurance companies, insurance companies run them selves, offer a product and consumers buy it.

Ever heard of social security disability insurance? What about unemployment insurance?

Blues,
Dave

all of which are predicted to come crashing down much the same as we have just seen.

If the gov is running or controling it, it will fail. Just takes a little time........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Your current VP candidate AND one of your last VP candidates has said
>Obama is not ready and McCain would be better.

I think most of the country is laughing at any Palin supporters who use the word "unqualified" to describe Obama. That whole talking point is backfiring big time. The only reply any of them have are the misdirections like the ones above - "but . . . but . . . Biden claimed Obama wasn't very good when he was running against him!"

Remember back when the GOP was making fun of Obama for running on a campaign of "change?" Now McCain is the candidate of change.

I think a lot of republicans keep hoping McCain can stick to a coherent and rational strategy in the next few months, instead of changing constantly to follow Obama's lead. His convention bounce is gone, and he's back to the just-trailing Obama position he had going into the convention. We'll see.

You are funny when you make claims like this.

Thanks for my morning chuckel:)
Abraham Lincoln

Blues,
Dave

all of which are predicted to come crashing down much the same as we have just seen.

If the gov is running or controling it, it will fail. Just takes a little time........

As contrasted by the stellar management of AIG? I don't think I've heard of doom and gloom predictions for unemployment insurance. They're definitely out there for social security supplemental income, which kind of captures disability insurance by association, but last I heard, that program was still operating in the black, which is better than AIG can say. And honestly, my guess would be that if you separated disability insurance from supplemental income, the former would be sufficiently funded to last quite some time. It's the latter that's gonna screw us, which is why all of our politicians keep making empty promises to fix it.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

As contrasted by the stellar management of AIG? I don't think I've heard of doom and gloom predictions for unemployment insurance. They're definitely out there for social security supplemental income, which kind of captures disability insurance by association, but last I heard, that program was still operating in the black, which is better than AIG can say. And honestly, my guess would be that if you separated disability insurance from supplemental income, the former would be sufficiently funded to last quite some time. It's the latter that's gonna screw us, which is why all of our politicians keep making empty promises to fix it.

Blues,
Dave

I am not up to speed on AGI yet however, if they were into mortgages as well as insurance then it is related to Fannie and Freddie. But I dont know if AGI was a mortgage carrier
Abraham Lincoln