Rookie120

And McCains VP is Palin

You know they won't listen....hell they won't even read the full context of their own rebuttals to the point of understanding any of it.
:S

Do you deny the large number of falsehoods in it?

I especially liked the claim that the change in dividend tax rates would crash the market. Until the midlde of Bush's first term, dividends were taxed as regular income. We're only talking about 5 years of history here. As a result, I like many, started preferring stocks that paid out. If the rate goes back up to the marginal tax rate, then I'll adjust accordingly.

Most of the Bush tax cuts sunset over the next few years. This article presumes that McCain will successfully get Congress to renew all of them, and that Obama won't even try, and the Democrats will not do it. Reality is somewhere else.

troopergate cracks me up!

apparently once you have the right to fire someone, you shouldn't. it'll come back to bite you in the ass someday.
:S

They didn't fire the cop, they leaned on the chief to fire the ex-bro-in-law, different than a direcct firing. Let's just let it go like Larry Craig-gate, Scooter Libby-gate and all the other righty scandals.

He got let go because of an accusation made by someone unrelated to Palin and her sister (if you really care to look into it)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

However - independent review shows it to be a pack of lies.

www.snopes.com/politics/obama/taxes.asp

Maybe not all of it.

Well, you know, I haven't given a firm number. Here's my belief, that we can't go back to some of the, you know, confiscatory rates that existed in the past that distorted sound economics. And I certainly would not go above what existed under Bill Clinton, which was the 28 percent.

Obama has proposed taxing dividends at the same rate as capital gains, and although he hasn't yet specified a figure for the latter, he has already
stated (as noted above) that he "certainly would not go above" 28%.

Those sound like higher taxes

Senator McCain has proposed raising the estate tax exclusion amount to $5 million and setting a maximum estate tax rate of 15%, while Senator Obama has proposed raising the estate tax exclusion amount to $3.5 million (it's set to go there in 2009 anyways) and maintaining the maximum estate tax rate at its current 45% level.

45%...if your combined estate is worth $10 million Obama thinks it's OK for the government to take $1.350,000.00 from you when you die. Not a new tax...just an old way of thinking. In the same scenario McCain thinks we take $0.

I don't have anywhere near those dollars and most likeley won't when I die. I'd venture to say most here won't either. WHy is the government entitled to those amounts? They've already taxed just about everything that makes up that 10 million.

So now you're backpedaling from claiming it's true, to acknowledging that it's mostly lies, with a few misleading half-truths thrown in for good measure.

PROGRESS!:)
All you need to do now is get your credibility back from having promoted any of it in the first place.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Which way is correct? Should the laws be followed or should the people have a choice?

Yes. ;)

Blues,
Dave

So let me see if I get your position correctly.

If a Dem gets others removed from the ballot on Technicalities, therfore removing choice, and a Dem benifits AND, in another case a Dem is pulled from a bollot for crimes but a judge OVERRULES state law not on a tech but simply says, the people need to be able to choose, then, you are OK will all of this as long as a DEM benifits. Wow.......

Goes a long way toward building yourself any credibility me thinks[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Which way is correct? Should the laws be followed or should the people have a choice?

Yes. ;)

Blues,
Dave

If a Dem gets others removed from the ballot on Technicalities, therfore removing choice, and a Dem benifits AND, in another case a Dem is pulled from a bollot for crimes but a judge OVERRULES state law not on a tech but simply says, the people need to be able to choose, then, you are OK will all of this as long as a DEM benifits. Wow.......

Quite a bit of fabricating you did there. All I said was the law should be followed and people should have a choice. The rest was entirely your imagination.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

All you need to do now is get your credibility back from having promoted any of it in the first place.

You're absolutely correct John. I didn't fully investigate it before I re-quoted it. Now that I have I can credibly say Obama will raise taxes on capital gains and dividends, and do little to change the death tax. That still won't buy him all of his promises. And it doesn't address the sunset of Bush's tax cuts. Letting them die is the same as raising taxes.

He has a history in congress of being pro-tax and I don't think that'll change as President.

Voted YES on increasing tax rate for people earning over $1 million.
Voted NO on allowing AMT reduction without budget offset.
Voted NO on raising the Death Tax exemption to $5M from $1M.
Voted NO on supporting permanence of estate tax cuts.
Voted NO on permanently repealing the `death tax`.
Voted NO on retaining reduced taxes on capital gains & dividends
Voted NO on extending the tax cuts on capital gains and dividends.
http://www.ontheissues.org/Economic/Barack_Obama_Tax_Reform.htm
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

You're absolutely correct John. I didn't fully investigate it before I re-quoted it. Now that I have I can credibly say Obama will raise taxes on capital gains and dividends, and do little to change the death tax. That still won't buy him all of his promises. And it doesn't address the sunset of Bush's tax cuts. Letting them die is the same as raising taxes.

Not very clever backpedal, you still can't bring yourself to admit that the original post you quoted was a pack of lies and you didn't check it out before parrotting it..

He has a history in congress of being pro-tax and I don't think that'll change as President.

Voted YES on increasing tax rate for people earning over $1 million.
Voted NO on allowing AMT reduction without budget offset.
Voted NO on raising the Death Tax exemption to $5M from $1M.
Voted NO on supporting permanence of estate tax cuts.
Voted NO on permanently repealing the `death tax`.
Voted NO on retaining reduced taxes on capital gains & dividends
Voted NO on extending the tax cuts on capital gains and dividends.
http://www.ontheissues.org/Economic/Barack_Obama_Tax_Reform.htm

Oh, so what happened to the claims you made before - did you discover they were BOGUS?

Federal deficit $400 Billion. Debt over $9Trillion. Regardless of what ANY of them say, taxes will have to go up. Expecting tax cuts is unrealistic, especially from the candidate who has no problem staying in Iraq for 100 years.

I bet you were suckered in when Bush Sr. said "Read my lips, no new taxes". Sometimes reality intrudes.

Lets look at the GOP record over the past 7.5 years: WAR, deficits, unemployment up, stock market down 3% just today, dollar down, house market in a shambles, Fannie and Freddie teetering on the brink. Yes, I can see why morons voters would expect things to improve by keeping the GOP in the White House. Even McCain's own ads say things are worse now.

Here's a little reality for you. Earmarks and spending WAY UP under the GOP.

I wish you guys would quit screwing around with Obama or McCain, and just elect ME president.

SpeedRacer for President.

Patriot, skydiver, brewer.

That would work!

see, I'm not a MILF!
THAT's why I'm not going to be President.

but come on: wouldn't you guys think I'd be a better Prez than all these other Twats? Let's face it: We're living in a Twatocracy! no matter who gets elected.

Elect me President. and forget about these Dems & Reps.. Shit I would legalize marijuana on the first day, and thereby save the USA millions!!!

That alone should make me President!B|

and declare National Tequila Day as a Day of Universal Peace!B| Yep, a big boon to the Lime Industry!
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Yes. ;)

Blues,
Dave

Quite a bit of fabricating you did there. All I said was the law should be followed and people should have a choice. The rest was entirely your imagination.

Blues,
Dave

OK, so on the east Coast the law was not followed. Actully the jugde forced the state to break the law. He gave no other reason than to state that the people should have a choice. Do you agree with the judge?
Abraham Lincoln

OK, so on the east Coast the law was not followed. Actully the jugde forced the state to break the law. He gave no other reason than to state that the people should have a choice. Do you agree with the judge?

Honestly, I don't know what case you're talking about. My guess is that it's not being relayed accurately and that, rather than requiring the state break the law, he somehow suspended it otherwise exempted them from complying it.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Honestly, I don't know what case you're talking about. My guess is that it's not being relayed accurately and that, rather than requiring the state break the law, he somehow suspended it otherwise exempted them from complying it.

Blues,
Dave

I will see if I can find the story. I was during the last Pres election cycle so it was a while ago. I think it was for gov of Virginia or something but I will look.

Marc

If the way I expained it is correct, what is your thoughts? (broken or suspended law)
Abraham Lincoln

>So the only person with executive experience is Palin.

Per the people in her campagin, not so much. Carly Fiorina, former chief executive at HP and now McCain's top economic adviser, was recently asked “Do you think she has the experience to run a major company like Hewlett-Packard?”

“No, I don’t,” Fiorina said.

A slip of the tongue, perhaps? She was later asked to qualify that. Her reply - "You know what? I don't think John McCain could run a major corporation, I don't think Barack Obama could run a major corporation, I don't think Joe Biden could run a major corporation." (She then went on to explain that corporations are not the same as governments.)

So one of the more famous chief executives doesn't think Palin has the executive chops to run a corporation. One more talking point bites the dust. Fiorina will now be thrown under the bus, of course, lest she lose any more talking points for the McCain campaign.

McCain's campaign has been shooting itself in the foot a lot lately.

Experience is what you have done, not what you are going to do, so let’s judge her by what she has done as governor since that is not disputable.

Kept a balanced budget

Has a $5 Billion surplus

Gave back $1,200 to every citizen

Cut earmarks from the federal government each year by almost half.

So tell me again from a budget and economic standpoint what Obama has done? And don't give me the crap that he or any other candidate says that they are going to do.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Experience is what you have done, not what you are going to do, so let’s judge her by what she has done as governor since that is not disputable.

Kept a balanced budget

Has a $5 Billion surplus

So tell me again from a budget and economic standpoint what Obama has done? And don't give me the crap that he or any other candidate says that they are going to do.

Are you seriously looking for a response or are we a focus group for a new McCain ad?

Kept a balanced budget

Has a $5 Billion surplus

Alaska is the largest per-capita recipient of federal earmarks, requesting nearly $750 million in special federal spending over two years and obtaining $295 per Alaska resident from the federal government.

Alaska State revenues doubled to $10 billion in 2008, there is no sales tax or income tax, yet for the 2009 budget Palin gave a list of 31 proposed federal earmarks, totaling $197 million, to Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens.

Many of the earmarks that Palin had requested were criticized by McCain.

One wonders, with all that OIL revenue, why they need so much federal money in the first place.

So what you are saying is that over a three year period Alaska will get (if the 2009 funds are approved) $947 million dollars? Funny, cause that is less than Obama got in ONE YEAR!

Obama's state also has sales tax and income tax. Yeah, he is really helping the working middle class......NOT.

Obama's state also has sales tax and income tax. Yeah, he is really helping the working middle class......NOT.

So tell me again what budget he has kept balanced, surpluses he has created and most of all what he has given back to the people he serves?

NOTHING !!!

So what you are saying is that over a three year period Alaska will get (if the 2009 funds are approved) $947 million dollars? Funny, cause that is less than Obama got in ONE YEAR!

So tell me again what budget he has kept balanced, surpluses he has created and most of all what he has given back to the people he serves?

NOTHING !!!

Now you're being silly. Illinois has no oil revenues, and has a population 18 times larger than Alaska's. Chicago alone has a population nearly 4 times larger than the whole of Alaska (and that excludes the suburbs). On a PER CAPITA basis, Palin requests far more money than Illinois does from the feds.

You DO understand what PER CAPITA means, right?

>so let’s judge her by what she has done as governor

OK, let's.

She has helped create the biggest welfare state in the US. Alaska, the richest state in the US in terms of natural resources, gets more money from the US federal government than any other state. In 2008, while the average state received approximately $50 per capita in federal earmarks, Alaska citizens received $506.

She supported bilking the Federal government for millions for building a bridge to nowhere, and abandoned it only when Congress cut funding for those earmarks - and she STILL kept all the money she could from the project. McCain even attacked her for it. Now she's lying about it.

Now on to yours:

>Kept a balanced budget

Not hard in the state with more natural resources (in value) than any other state.

>Has a $5 Billion surplus

See above. Yet even with that surplus she still used earmarks to suck in hundreds of millions of dollars of pork into Alaska. So yes, she had a surplus - but since it was partly based on my tax money I can't congratulate her for it. I am surprised you would support use of your tax money for creating such surpluses.

>Gave back $1,200 to every citizen

So she supports government welfare. Again, I am surprised you support this.

Now you're being silly.

You think that it is silly that Obama has NEVER balanced a government budget, created a contingency fund or given a single dollar back to the people he serves? I would be damned concerned myself if I were you. At least Palin has PROVED that she can run a government prudently.

Illinois has no oil revenues

So let me see if I understand, Palin was smart enough to go after revenue that the oil industry should be fairly paying to reduce the cost of government on the people she serves and that is a bad thing? My question is what has Obama done to do the same. I mean damn, with 18 times more population he could not find anything or anyway to help the people?

“PER CAPITA” has nothing to do with my question and it still stands: Tell me what budget he has kept balanced, surpluses he has created and most of all what he has given back to the people he serves?

gets more money from the US federal government than any other state.

Not true, try again. Is the "bridge" issue really the best shot you have? You know for a fact that since she has been there, earmarks have been reduced by almost half each year. On the other hand, Obama just keeps asking for more and more.

Not hard in the state with more natural resources (in value) than any other state.

Really, then why was it not done before her? At least She has, unlike Obama.

So yes, she had a surplus - but since it was partly based on my tax money I can't congratulate her for it.

Really? Show me in any of her budgets where earmark funds were used for the contingency fund.

So she supports government welfare.

Compared to what Obama wants to do it is nothing.

Tell me what budget he has kept balanced, surpluses he has created and most of all what he has given back to the people he serves?

Look out! Here comes another lame excuse or a 1 line zinger! Watch your heads!

My favorite is the one about we already had 8 years.

I don't plan to vote for Bush - right now it's between McCain and Obama (at least where I'm from).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Don't confuse the liberals with facts. They don't like that. And didn't you get the memo that "The Chosen One" is not to be questioned. Listen to his rhetoric and drink the Kool-aid...
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.