Rookie120

And McCains VP is Palin

I thought that America stands for less government intervention not more.

Confused of Europe

The argument is that life begins at conception. Termination of the life is therefore, murder, which is illegal. A law that most of us don't have a problem with.

As for government intervention, it does seem as though we have lost our way...we have the second highest corporate tax rate in the world and if the fairness doctrine passes, you'll see instant erosion of our First Amendment rights...

...quite meddlesome...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I dont think most people are ignorant, but the gross state product of FY 2005 for Alaska was a mere $39.9 billion with over 80% of it being derived from the oil industry. It's fifth in the nation for per-captia GSP, but look at the population. You have to be realistic. She has very little if any experience. Now you want to put her a heartbeat away from running a country whos GDP is 13.3 trillion. In all honesty dont you guys see slight problem here.

I've been reading up on her and its seems like she's completely anti- choice (it that across all of her policies or just anti-abortion?).

What ever, doesn't that tend to make her un-democratic? I thought that America stands for less government intervention not more.

Confused of Europe

That's the neo-con facade, the Republicans try to tell you less tax, less government, yet they are responsible for at least 3/4 of the 10T debt, 90% of it during the last 3 Republican presidents.

I thought that America stands for less government intervention not more.

Confused of Europe

The argument is that life begins at conception. Termination of the life is therefore, murder, which is illegal. A law that most of us don't have a problem with.

As for government intervention, it does seem as though we have lost our way...we have the second highest corporate tax rate in the world and if the fairness doctrine passes, you'll see instant erosion of our First Amendment rights...

...quite meddlesome...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The argument is that life begins at conception. Termination of the life is therefore, murder, which is illegal. A law that most of us don't have a problem with.

That's the argument, the losing argument or the dissnting argument.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>As for government intervention, it does seem as though WE have lost our way...we have the second highest corporate tax rate in the world and if the fairness doctrine passes, you'll see instant erosion of our First Amendment rights...

Uh, we? No, the neo-cons have departed from the great President Eisenhower and his fear of the Military Industrial Complex that has killed our future as a nation and made a few people rich. The neo-cons own that one. The Recent Dems have done what they can to stop that, so WE don't own that one.

I dont think most people are ignorant, but the gross state product of FY 2005 for Alaska was a mere $39.9 billion with over 80% of it being derived from the oil industry. It's fifth in the nation for per-captia GSP, but look at the population. You have to be realistic. She has very little if any experience. Now you want to put her a heartbeat away from running a country whos GDP is 13.3 trillion. In all honesty dont you guys see slight problem here.

But she could MC over the most totally awesome beauty pageant.:$

And by "most" you mean, "most of the people that believe life begins at conception," which is completely different than "most of the people in the United States."

In fact, "most" people throughout the ages did NOT believe that life began at conception. "Most" people, including the Catholic Church, have believed it begins at a point called "The Quickening." The word "quick" itself means "alive," as in "the quick and the dead."

For a historical perspective on this people might want to look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quickening

It is ONLY in fairly recent times that the idea of life beginning at conception has taken hold. In fact, the term "conception" is, in itself, vague and so ill defined it isn't really used much in scientific discussions of the subject.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And by "most" you mean, "most of the people that believe life begins at conception," which is completely different than "most of the people in the United States."

In fact, "most" people throughout the ages did NOT believe that life began at conception. "Most" people, including the Catholic Church, have believed it begins at a point called "The Quickening." The word "quick" itself means "alive," as in "the quick and the dead."

For a historical perspective on this people might want to look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quickening

It is ONLY in fairly recent times that the idea of life beginning at conception has taken hold. In fact, the term "conception" is, in itself, vague and so ill defined it isn't really used much in scientific discussions of the subject.

For what ever it's worth...I wasn't trying to convey my opinion, simply pointing out one of the arguments I've heard. I'm no fan of abortion, but I don't think government should play an overbearing role with it. I think it has to be addressed outside of government.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I can't vouch for the authenticity, but this web site believes they might have at least one full frontal totally nude photo of Sarah Palin from her beauty pageant days and has it posted.

Can't wait to see how this pans out.

She has nice tits (assuming it is her, they do look real), I'd give her a 7/10.
Although they are probably a little south of where they are in that picture by now with age and children.
Reinforces the VPILF image, but the reality is that if she does get elected with mccain she will the the one fucking us.

I can't vouch for the authenticity, but this web site believes they might have at least one full frontal totally nude photo of Sarah Palin from her beauty pageant days and has it posted.

Can't wait to see how this pans out.

She has nice tits (assuming it is her, they do look real), I'd give her a 7/10.
Although they are probably a little south of where they are in that picture by now with age and children.
Reinforces the VPILF image, but the reality is that if she does get elected with mccain she will the the one fucking us.

I didnt read anything on that site that indicates the pics are not shoped.

Edit: but in any cases, I'll take leather minis for 200 Alex!
Remster

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I thought he represented change. Something not mainstream. Pick an argument.

That's why he is change, he isn't an elitist millionaire; get it?

Yes he is. A harvard law school grad married to another harvard law grad making a combined income of $250k to $1.6M is elite. Odly enough, making more than a million a year also makes you a millionaire.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ho-bag has been married 20 years with 5 kids. not sure what your definition of ho-bag is.

Former pageant winner puts her as a bit of a ho bag when we're talking president.

Former pageant winner = ho-bag. And the Republicans are the sexist ones.

Nice skewing of words, when I wrote more established, as you dishonestly diced my sentence, I was referring to a woman who was more established, as in > 2 years...

so more established resume only applies to women. good point.

And my point with asking why you call President Bush a cokehead was to point out your hypocracy. Obama was an admitted coke user.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

You have to be realistic. She has very little if any experience. Now you want to put her a heartbeat away from running a country whos GDP is 13.3 trillion. In all honesty dont you guys see slight problem here.

Oh, the irony ... you have a problem with a two year governor as VP stating she has no experience to be "a heart beat away" but are perfectly content with the guy with ZERO experience learning on the job.

steveOrino

The USA is actually controlled from a closely knit network of families who are all related to each other (including many entertainers). The Bush family, Kennedys, Clintons. Heck Barack Obama is a cousin (albeit a distant cousin) of George Bush and McCain's wife is also a Bush cousin. No the USA is a twisted monarchy disguised as a democracy.

So ...

Is Sarah Palin part of this network of families? Or is she an outsider?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

It's circular, but who started the whole, "lack of experience" idiocy. Just like when Gore ran against your cokehead in 2000, it was all about the military experience. That changed when the same cokehead...

What's with the childish name calling? I despise Clinton but still referred to him as President Clinton out of respect for the office. And again with the hypocracy. Obama has admitted to repeated use of cocaine.

Dude, the definition of these liberals is "people who try to get their way by being shamelessly dishonest when claiming to represent facts and truth."

There is no disingenuousness or convenient forgetting of the truth that is beyond them, I've been discovering.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

In pure political context:
She's a knock-out. Gender, ideology, accomplishment, family, convictions, executive experience all outshine her Dem-VP-nominee counterpart.

As far as ideology goes, no doubt she will help with the Republican base. On the other hand, her extreme anti-abortion views (no exceptions for rape, incest, or the mother's health) will be a serious obstacle for gaining independents, especially the Hillaryistas.

I'll be frank: I am not anyone's hard-liner on abortion (I'm very wishy-washy on the subject, to tell you the truth), and I usually get mistakenly lumped with the Christian-right conservatives simply because I am a hard-liner on gun rights, immigration security, welfare reform, and capital/harsh punishment for violent criminals. Her being anti-abortion is not enough for me to stop liking her.

For cryin' out loud, she's a LIFE NRA MEMBER!

(where's the emoticon with the hearts popping all around it?! :D)
Imaginations on fire

It's circular, but who started the whole, "lack of experience" idiocy. Just like when Gore ran against your cokehead in 2000, it was all about the military experience. That changed when the same cokehead...

What's with the childish name calling? I despise Clinton but still referred to him as President Clinton out of respect for the office. And again with the hypocracy. Obama has admitted to repeated use of cocaine.

Who cares, that's semantic to worry about names, I wasn't referring to anyone here. The McSame camp started the whole, "lack of experience" idiocy. I'm sure you're referred to Clinton in ugly terms, I'm over it.

So, you are not aware of the damage it does to your credibility and dignity to throw around childish names like "ho-bag" and "McSame" when you attempt to discuss something like this among adults? [:/]

I'll bet you go around referring to the current administration as "The Bush Crime Family" a lot, too.
Imaginations on fire

But let one of us tell liberals that they don't have anything to fear from a creationist (I am vehemently unbelieving of the creation myth, by the way) and they act as though there's been a repeal of the 1st Amendment proposed. :S

Did that even make sense?

Let's see . . . the First Amendment guarantees (among other things) freedom of religion. Why would a liberal assume that a creationist would want that repealed?

Shhhh, he's on a roll. :S
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

But let one of us tell liberals that they don't have anything to fear from a creationist (I am vehemently unbelieving of the creation myth, by the way) and they act as though there's been a repeal of the 1st Amendment proposed. :S

Let's see . . . the First Amendment guarantees (among other things) freedom of religion. Why would a liberal assume that a creationist would want that repealed?

I guess you were more comfortable not reading my detailed, reasoned explanation. :S
Imaginations on fire

I guess you were more comfortable not reading my detailed, reasoned explanation. :S

heheheheHEHEHEHEBWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I scan some of your shorter posts for amusement value.
-----------------------

So that means you are usually responding to me without actually knowing what I said... and then thinking that you're right. :S
Imaginations on fire

This just got funnier. Rhodes Scholar a substitute for experience? Yeah right.
:)
If memory serves, EJC's lack of foreign policy experience wasn't a major focus of attack from the GOP when he was elected in '92.

Palin was picked to SHORE up the conservative base because JSM isn't very popular with it as compared to previous RNC candidates.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

So that means you are usually responding to me without actually knowing what I said... and then thinking that you're right. :S

I got it all after your first few posts. You hate a lot of things and a great number of people.
-----------------------

I got it all after your first few posts. You hate a lot of things and a great number of people.

Oh, you don't know the half of it! :P
Imaginations on fire