Rookie120

And McCains VP is Palin

It's circular, but who started the whole, "lack of experience" idiocy. Just like when Gore ran against your cokehead in 2000, it was all about the military experience. That changed when the same cokehead ran against Kerry in 04, a guy who had been to war in VN, the war chickenshit cockehead ran away from, then the military experience was downplayed.

You really seem to be hung up on the 'cokehead' thing... Does that opinion apply across the board? Or is it just a partisan thing?

From the party of pseudo morality, WAR ON DRUGS, as their running them, it really carries an idiotic ring.

You really seem to be hung up on the 'cokehead' thing... Does that opinion apply across the board? Or is it just a partisan thing?

It's gotta be partisan. Since Obama was an admitted "cokehead," it's difficult to tell who exactly Lucky hates. Same with "neo-con." Just another buzzword from CNN. I support McCain-Palin. Therefore, according to Lucky, I'm a neo-con.

So cokehead isn't really a cokehead, it's just a name for somebody he doesn't like.

And neo-con isn't really a neo-con, it's just someone that doesn't agree with Lucky.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>And neo-con isn't really a neo-con, it's just someone that doesn't agree with Lucky.

No, neo-con is the new conservative, the one that wants to pretend he's a fiscal conservative as with Eisenhower, but is really the biggest trainwrteck in history.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>So cokehead isn't really a cokehead, it's just a name for somebody he doesn't like.

No, it's the hypocrisy from the right, as they pretend to want to eliminate drugs and the scoundrels that use them, while hittin the pipe.

I should think quoting unnecessary, but here's a couple for you:

TheAnvil: Morons decrying Palin's lack of foreign policy experience who voted for another governor from Arkansas with no foreign policy experience a few years ago.

Lucky...: The other morons crying about Clinton didn't realize he was a Rhodes Scholar, which obviously susbstituted for foreign experience.

Again, that's not the funniest thing you've ever stated - nor even close to being the second funniest thing ever stated in SC - but it's a close SECOND to the funniest thing you've ever said in here.

You clearly don't know much about the RNC base. The Palin pick has done an amazing amount to shore up their support.

:D

Love how you amuse yourself, never share as to why. Wait, not real important.....

Just to get this ridiculous thread back on track for a second. Something for the 98% of SC that are liberal...

I wasn't planning on voting at all unless Ron Paul was on the ballot. I dislike Washington down to my core.

I want change, so I was almost willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt by just not voting for McCain, but his choice of Biden was horribly disappointing. Biden defines the status quo of old Washington. As much as I feel McCain does. That pick showed me that Obama had a crisis in personal initiative to do his own thing.

I have studied Sarah Palin's methods in governance in-depth. She is as far from the beltway as you can get. And she's brutal in her drive to reform the angry white guy establishment. I WANT a regular American running the country; that was the original intent of our Democracy. She is the shit...plain and simple.

I am voting. I am voting on the hope that she becomes the President in the near future. She is what we need.

Something for all you Dems to think about. I am only one average American...but I am duplicated throughout the US several million-fold.

You have immdiately defaulted to the primary fatal flaw in any conflict...you have underestimated your adversary (Palin), her power, and her effect on this election.

It would be much more advantageous to your party to improve your plan for change...or actually come up with one. Attacking the most in-touch with regular Americans person in this election will only do your cause harm.

Obama is wise to have avoided that so far, but most of your party won't heed his approach. You'll continue to show the majority of Americans you condecend to your true colors and get your ass handed to you in the best chance you've ever had to win a presidential election.

Yawn...... Republicans and Libertarians, like 10 degrees apart. Keep the denial going tho....er, uh, ya, I was gonna vote for Obama....HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH

I have studied Sarah Palin's methods in governance in-depth. She is as far from the beltway as you can get. And she's brutal in her drive to reform the angry white guy establishment.

What are her plans for reforming the "angry white guy establishment"?

AKA the Republican Party.

How do you figure? I'm a white, middle-class male who believes in God, 25-40, right-leaning, and was undecided. You think I'm in some way unique? Seriously?

And thinking this forum is anything but predominantly liberal is just denial. There isn't a single even semi-conservative mod for a little parity. Please dude.

That's the best you can come up with in your condescension?
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Quade...no, I'm a dumb soldier of the military-industrial complex. That word is too big.

Bill...pull ALL my posts and show me where I ever said I would vote for Obama. Regardless of what he did.

Read slower...I think you inferred something. Honest mistake, but kudos to you green guys for piling on quickly to prove my point.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I want change, so I was almost willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt by just not voting for McCain,...

You don't state that were going to vote for Obama, just that you would abstain from voting for McSame due to the desire for change...... Er, I'm voting for McSame cause I want change. :S

How do you figure? I'm a white, middle-class male who believes in God, 25-40, right-leaning, and was undecided. You think I'm in some way unique? Seriously?

Well, I certainly don't think you understand the use of the word "fold" as it pertains to math.

And thinking this forum is anything but predominantly liberal is just denial. There isn't a single even semi-conservative mod for a little parity. Please dude.

It's all in the definitions that, it appears, only you are qualified to give people? I see.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Namely the graduated corprate tax and the donor regulations she's emplaced. As well as the more trasparent ethics reviews regarding lobbyists. She's pissed off a LOT of Republicans. But maintained an 80% approval rating...because the GOP lost touch with the constituents. And the people love her.

Do some Google-age. You might be surprised. Or do the vogue thing and just start slinging shit. She's just some dumb cheerleader anyway right?

The problem is that she's entirely conservative, morso than even McSame, when the Repubs need to appear more liberal and progressive, moderate at the very least. Who did teh R's gain by bringing her in? The old steeped neo-cons? No, they were laready there, they needed the swing and tehy surely lost them.

>when the Repubs need to appear more liberal and progressive, moderate at the very least.

I would tend to disagree. Most people in the US believe in creationism; she will appeal to them. Most men in the US will think she's good looking and outdoorsy; that will work in McCain's favor, to counteract his image of a doddering old guy.

You're as bad as CNN at omission Bill.

The rest of that statement says "by not voting for McCain"

You inferred that meant I would vote for Obama, but as you will see from the beginning of my post, that meant I would NOT vote.

Nice attempt. But I would expect better quality control in your retorts. Not resorting to assumption.

But you will now vote for the even more extremist, less flexible party now that it has become more rigid, when you claim that you wanted change :S:S

You haven't met Tom Aileo (sp)....maybe he went off with Base Zone. Either way, count the times Bill has kicked Me, Amazon and other libs vs neo-cons..... your self-victimization would have teeth if you could make that argument.

That's the best you can come up with in your condescension?

No, very typical, neo-cons typically think they are moderate.

>when the Repubs need to appear more liberal and progressive, moderate at the very least.

I would tend to disagree. Most people in the US believe in creationism; she will appeal to them. Most men in the US will think she's good looking and outdoorsy; that will work in McCain's favor, to counteract his image of a doddering old guy.

To a point, I guess I'm addressing the intelec, but how many people vote intellectually. But then again my point, that reloegates her to a piece of meat, a cheerleader for the right.

Ultimately I do think this was a bad choice, the right needed to seem more moderate, the old fuddies would have gone McSame anyway even w/o her.

>You inferred that meant I would vote for Obama, but as you will see from
>the beginning of my post, that meant I would NOT vote.

Ah, my mistake then.

Like that is something new:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

So you anchor a dialog (ours) to the use of a math term? That smacks of desperation Quade. I know for a fact you're capable of better than that.

There are many more less superficial items in my general point that you can shoot holes in.

Quit being lazy.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

So you anchor a dialog (ours) to the use of a math term?

Just pointing out that you don't actually know what you're talking about and using bogus numbers pulled straight out of the air.

Just making up "facts" is what I would call lazy.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The use of a term in a modernly accepted colloquial fashion instead of it's scientifically literal form means I don't know what I'm talking about.

Check.

Then by all means...change it to times in your translation.

You have perfectly reinforced my point about why the DNC can't manage to win a national election. "He used a word out of proper context...ergo anything else he says should be discounted". Instead of actually arguing what everyone else understood as the point.

Same as:

"They live in the suburbs, believe in God and guns. They must be morons...we don't need their votes."

Keep it up. It's done well so far.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

I have studied Sarah Palin's methods in governance in-depth. She is as far from the beltway as you can get. And she's brutal in her drive to reform the angry white guy establishment.

What are her plans for reforming the "angry white guy establishment"?

Knee them in the balls! What else? :D
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Every time someone makes a claim like this, and wants to tout someone's "experience," I want to shake them and say, "Well, HOW FUCKING WELL ARE THINGS BEING RUN WHERE THEY ARE FROM?!"

That's because you don't convince anyone with your spelling rants, followed by denial of the same, then people, virtually everyone disagreeing.

You keep going on and on and on about "spelling rants," when the fact is they are few and far between, if any. Then you cited where I suggested to "nerdgirl" that "impact" is improperly- and over-used, as "proof" that I'm a "grammar-Nazi," cleverly omitting the part where I politely thanked her for considering my suggestion.

I think by now if "virtually everyone" is watching, they have seen how you can twist things and fail to respond honestly when called out for it.

How many here live in a country that matches the world in basic military expeditures, yet deprives its people of basic medical care?

"Deprives"? Oh, so now if you aren't handing someone something for "free", you're "depriving" them of it.

Wow. Holy fuck! -- My government has deprived me of a the Cessna Citation X that I'm due!! >:(
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

You are, perhaps, familiar with the story of President William Henry Harrison?

No?

Actually I am...But you didn't bother to answer the question I asked.

Given that less than a year ago Biden said that Obama was not ready to be President...What has changed in that year that now he is qualified?

The VP is a back up that needs to be ready on January 20 just like the President himself.

If we were comparing VP's only...You would be correct to say that Biden is much more experienced. I would agree and in fact like Biden.

But we are comparing the people running for President FIRST. And who has more experience between those two?

If it was Biden/Obama Vs Palin/McCain your argument would make sense.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

but the gross state product of FY 2005 for Alaska was a mere $39.9 billion with over 80% of it being derived from the oil industry. It's fifth in the nation for per-captia GSP, but look at the population. You have to be realistic. She has very little if any experience.

And what percentage of GSP has Obama been in charge of?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I was really impressed by McCain's VP pick. The best thing I saw in the announcment was this: they spoke about what she has done in office. That is what I have been looking for since the elections began. Obama has spent his time as a Senator running for President. Likewise Clinton. If you look at their voting records, there are way too many NV designations beside their names. That means 'No Vote' or 'didn't do my job' (my characterization). Biden and McCain are long term Senators who have said nothing about what they have done for this country in the decades they have been in office. Nobody seems to have done much; so they want to be promoted to President.

Now, we have a VP candidate who has all of the executive experience and quickly points to what she has done during that time. Wow! I like.

Now, I have to vote for McCain just to boost his VP's chances of taking over.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The moderators don't represent 98% of SC. I think there's 3 or 4 active ones here? It may be fair to see them as liberal tending, but it's rare that this is part of their actions as moderators.

I may waste bandwidth, but there is no ambiguity as to what I'm replying to, as I want people to know, unlike.....

In this modern era with a single server (as opposed to USENET), text is almost never a meaningful waste of bandwidth.

The problem with your unique posting style is it's nearly unreadable, and past the 3 citation, I'll likely to ignore and move on. Quality, not quantity! And it shouldn't be necessary to reply to more than 3 quotes in one posting about one topic.