Rookie120

And McCains VP is Palin

Another difference: As opposed to his opponent McCain is 72 with various health problems - so the competence of the VP to become the leader of the free world is really a non-trivial consideration.

McCain is in fine health. The dem VP suffers from multiple brain aneurysms. Obama dies, the VP has an aneurysm, Pilosi takes over.

I wish there was a smiley that threw up on itselft.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Yep, said over a year ago, back when Obama had less experience in government (but still much more than Palin.)

And what has he done in the last year that has given him more exp? Enough that his own VP now thinks he can lead on day one?

Good thing McCain chose a VP with even less than that!

Yeah, good thing that Palin is only running for VP, huh?

I find it very funny that you bash McCains VP choice for not having enough exp, yet ignore McCain has much more than Obama...Ya know, the people running for the top job.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yep, said over a year ago, back when Obama had less experience in government (but still much more than Palin.)

And what has he done in the last year that has given him more exp? Enough that his own VP now thinks he can lead on day one?

Good thing McCain chose a VP with even less than that!

Yeah, good thing that Palin is only running for VP, huh?

I find it very funny that you bash McCains VP choice for not having enough exp, yet ignore McCain has much more than Obama...Ya know, the people running for the top job.

You are, perhaps, familiar with the story of President William Henry Harrison?

No?

Maybe this will refresh your memories of high school history.

The VP is a back up that needs to be ready on January 20 just like the President himself.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I can't vouch for the authenticity, but this web site believes they might have at least one full frontal totally nude photo of Sarah Palin from her beauty pageant days and has it posted.

Can't wait to see how this pans out.
quade -

>She's violently anti-choice, which appeases the Christian right . . .

And she's a creationist, which they will love.

Anti-gun people tell us that we should forget about voting based on the gun issue, because "no one's ever gonna try to take your guns away." (They tell us this even though powerful people avow that this is exactly what they want.)

But let one of us tell liberals that they don't have anything to fear from a creationist (I am vehemently unbelieving of the creation myth, by the way) and they act as though there's been a repeal of the 1st Amendment proposed. :S
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

But let one of us tell liberals that they don't have anything to fear from a creationist (I am vehemently unbelieving of the creation myth, by the way) and they act as though there's been a repeal of the 1st Amendment proposed. :S

Did that even make sense?

Let's see . . . the First Amendment guarantees (among other things) freedom of religion. Why would a liberal assume that a creationist would want that repealed?
quade -

Think Gore could have done better if you like - that's utter conjecture on your part.

I'm quite happy with his choice - and getting a HUGE kick out of leftist's response.

:D

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Think Gore could have done better if you like - that's utter conjecture on your part.

I'm quite happy with his choice - and getting a HUGE kick out of leftist's response.

:D

Would you care to make any bets on the results in November?

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPECIALS&ev_class_id=33&ev_type_id=5142&promo=nov_USPresidentialElection&crea=lnk&novelty=1
quade -

I might place a wager on that, actually. I think pretty soon those pouncing on Palin's lack of experience will realize that just a few days ago they were defending Obama's lack of experience. Then they'll wonder - what the fuck??? Those roaring about Palin's lack of foreign policy experience will not Senator Obama's inexperience prior to his overseas trip and the fact that El Jefe Clintonista lacked any foreign policy experience as well prior to taking the top job. Senator Palin just had the Canadians sign a NICE deal for Alaska. Did EJC or B. Hussein Obama ever interact with foreign countries as a Senator/Governor for economic purposes of their states? No? Ahh...I see...

I really think this will be a master-stroke for JSM. Hope so, at any rate.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Let's see,
President of the free world is suddenly lost. An unknown, untested minor government beaurocrat with little or no experience is suddenly thrust into becoming the leader of the free world...

Hey, it worked in Battlestar Galactica!!:)

Well, YOU WANTED [I]CHANGE![/I] :S

YOU WANTED SOMEONE WHO WASN'T A "WASHINGTON INSIDER![/I] :S

Suddenly the prospect of getting exactly that has the Left loading up their diapers. :D
Imaginations on fire

Did that even make sense?

Let's see . . . the First Amendment guarantees (among other things) freedom of religion. Why would a liberal assume that a creationist would want that repealed?

Destruction of the First Amendment by a fundamentalist Christian administration would remove the obstacle to establishing a state religion, Quade.

It would also enable control of the press, which is another bugaboo that the Left insists the Right is after (despite the fact that it's the Left that really has infiltrated the press).

Just because the religious Right is religious doesn't mean you could discount the idea that they'd want to eliminate the 1st Amendment if they were in the power seat at the time.
Imaginations on fire

a rough analogy to Sarah Palin would be Sheila Dixon, major of Balitmore, Maryland.

Balitimore and Alaska have almost the same population.
Both are women.
Both assumed office only about 20 months ago.
Both are relatively young

Smaller differences: Socio-economic problems in Baltimore are likely a lot more difficult than in Alaska, and Dixon is a bit older with a number more previous public offices.

Socio-economic problems in Baltimore are also not even remotely close to being SOLVED, so what's the point of throwing up the "experience" of a woman who's been accomplishing nothing to fix them? You have to admit that either she's not trying, or she's trying and failing. Either way, no one to boast about.
Imaginations on fire

Socio-economic problems in Baltimore are also not even remotely close to being SOLVED, so what's the point of throwing up the "experience" of a woman who's been accomplishing nothing to fix them? You have to admit that either she's not trying, or she's trying and failing. Either way, no one to boast about.

Nor has DC cleaned up its act. But the difference is that at least she's been in a tough situation.

In terms of qualifications, she only needs one ...will she increase the chances of getting McCain elected. I think the GOP made a good, strategic choice.

I think he could have gotten more mileage out of other women in the GOP. This one is Qualye like. I'm not sure too many bitter Clinton fans want a woman that badly.

Right, woman = good choice. Cheerleader ho-bag = bad choice. That was the most important selection this year, as McSame is on his deathbed and swing voters will worry that barbie bar whore could be the one.

Damn you show alot of respect for women eh?

Is there anything else about her being hot looking, conservative, a gun owner, educated, and successful, that you find repulsive?

I do respect women, I think selecting a woman was the right choice, just not that one, which makes me happy the R is imploding still.

As for repulsive, isn't her party affiliation enough?

politicians have always counted on a sizable percentage of ideologically narrow voters.

That pretty much sums up Obama. Maybe not narrow. How about ideologically rediculous.

Ya, seriously, the thought oif everyone having healthcare is beyond absurd. And the war, it's a great way to limit population, I'm all for it.

They had to get a female, as a guy would never go for changing McSame's diaper.

Who's gonna wipe the drool off Biden's mouth the next time he has one of his brain aneurysms? :P

I don't see that as probable, furthermore, he's #2 behind a healthy guy, not a sickly #1.

I might place a wager on that, actually. I think pretty soon those pouncing on Palin's lack of experience will realize that just a few days ago they were defending Obama's lack of experience. Then they'll wonder - what the fuck??? Those roaring about Palin's lack of foreign policy experience will not Senator Obama's inexperience prior to his overseas trip and the fact that El Jefe Clintonista lacked any foreign policy experience as well prior to taking the top job. Senator Palin just had the Canadians sign a NICE deal for Alaska. Did EJC or B. Hussein Obama ever interact with foreign countries as a Senator/Governor for economic purposes of their states? No? Ahh...I see...

I really think this will be a master-stroke for JSM. Hope so, at any rate.

:)

It's circular, but who started the whole, "lack of experience" idiocy. Just like when Gore ran against your cokehead in 2000, it was all about the military experience. That changed when the same cokehead ran against Kerry in 04, a guy who had been to war in VN, the war chickenshit cockehead ran away from, then the military experience was downplayed.

Nor has DC cleaned up its act. But the difference is that at least she's been in a tough situation.

What the hell use is that if she still didn't even dent the problem one iota?! (And the problem has not been dented one iota!)

If you and I got into a street fight against a gang of thugs, would you be reassured if I said, "Don't worry, I've been in the ring with Mike Tyson!
...I got my ASS kicked, and almost died, and didn't get a single punch in -- but I was in the ring with Mike Tyson and I did my best"?? :S
Imaginations on fire

Let's see,
President of the free world is suddenly lost. An unknown, untested minor government beaurocrat with little or no experience is suddenly thrust into becoming the leader of the free world...

Suddenly the prospect of getting exactly that has the Left loading up their diapers. :D

She's a joke, a MILF joke, but still a joke.

They had to get a female, as a guy would never go for changing McSame's diaper.

Who's gonna wipe the drool off Biden's mouth the next time he has one of his brain aneurysms? :P

I don't see that as probable, furthermore, he's #2 behind a healthy guy, not a sickly #1.

Um, he's had TWO brain aneurysms already, but you have a crystal ball and you see a third one as improbable. Hmm...

For that matter, Bush has made a lot of decisions you don't think were good. More decisions will be made tomorrow. But will they be bad? "I don't see that as probable."
Imaginations on fire

Let's see,

I guess you guys are only just full of SHIT when you all chirp about "ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!
Imaginations on fire

Let's see,

I guess you guys are only just full of SHIT when you all chirp about "ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Bill Von, I don't care about the PA's, but I wanna retaliate, but I know the consequence. See, I'm stuck, pls fix it.

Saying that one feels that someone is "full of shit" (as in, saying things that are unbelievable and preposterous) is a PA?

Well, if it is, I'll restate, and avoid saying it like that in the first place. I really don't see how that's a PA, though. It's not attacking the person, it's attacking the thing that was said.

I'm not looking to get banned, so if you feel attacked, I'm sorry. I just was going for what you said. Clearly, all I expressed was the emphatic equivalent of, "You guys TALK about wanting 'change,' but when it comes down to it, when change is offered, you don't actually want it, do you."
Imaginations on fire