warpedskydiver

Lesbian Becomes College Homecoming King

I don't care about the topic in the thread,
I responded sarcastically to the original poster who, like others who contributed later, is obviously "worked up" about the story because they feel horribly threatened by it. I was making a funny comment in response to their fears and loathings.

Okay, you brought up the fact that we must feel threatened. If you want to talk about feeling threatened, let's talk about living in a society without morals.B|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

If you want to talk about feeling threatened, let's talk about living in a society without morals.B|

I think that's an excellent topic for a potentially interesting and serious thread.

But if you use a bunch of teenagers voting themselves a female "Homecoming King" as an example of immorality, I'm just going to laugh. :D

First Class Citizen Twice Over

If you want to talk about feeling threatened, let's talk about living in a society without morals

You are SO right. All this tolerance and acceptance is blasphemous! My kids are taught in church to hate the fags, now this godless society wants to take that away too.

Better go back and read the story...it's a college, not a high school.

Oh, oh! OHHHH!!!! College.

That's completely different. You're absolutely right. This is a MAJOR CRISIS!

Won't somebody call for a constitutional amendment? ARHGHGHGHGHG!

First Class Citizen Twice Over

You are SO right. All this tolerance and acceptance is blasphemous! My kids are taught in church to hate the fags, now this godless society wants to take that away too.

Why can't people accept that a home coming king is a male, and a lesbian is a female. I don't see why everyone is turning this into an anti-gay protest. I'm all for equal rights for everybody, but do we have to be so damn PC that we are afraid to tell a female lesbian she isn't a guy and can't be king? Really her being a lesbian has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that a female has won what should be a male's position. The fact that she is a lesbian however is the only reason she was able to run for and win king. Why would a straight women do this? She wouldn't. I can't fathom what this girls reason for doing this is.

> I don't see why everyone is turning this into an anti-gay protest.

Nor do I. Who cares? A living group at my college elected a cat to be their living group president (and representative to the school) every year. Again, who cares?

>The fact that she is a lesbian however is the only reason she was able to run for and win king.

Nonsense. She won because more people voted for her. If a cat had run, and won, would you claim it was because the cat was a democrat or something?

>Why would a straight women do this?

Why did Queen Hatshepsut crown herself King of Egypt? (She did, google it.) Because she could.

I am scared for my future kids, who will have to grow up in a society without morals

Without morals? HeyZeus H.

I am scared for my future kids, who will have to grow up in a society that encourages hatred and discrimination
Owned by Remi #?

When I was graduating from high school, we got to nominate songs as possible candidates for class song. We nominated Ding-a-Ling by Chuck Berry. (If you know the lyrics, you'll get the point.)

Every song had to be played in Senior home room (big auditorium) for everyone to evaluate. Another nomination was Frank Zappas Yellow Snow.

Eventually, Led Zepplin's Stairway To Heaven won. Our parents were infuriated. "The words didn't make any sense."

We surreptiously took off our dress shoes and wore sneakers on our commencement walk to the tune of STH.

The whole point was that we didn't even have a point. We were just going to give the finger to conformity and the institution that we hated.

They had their power over us for 6 years (7th-12th grades). Now we were showing them.

In the 1970's the student body where I went to school voted for Ava Gina as the homecoming queen, and Hugh G. Rection as the king. Both were guys; one just wore a really ugly wig. I believe they elected a dog or a mattress or something after that (don't remember exactly)

I think maybe we're reading too much into this.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think that's an excellent topic for a potentially interesting and serious thread.

You know I like you, Narcimund...

But that comment coming from someone who immediately trashed a thread about a dead baby simply to stir shit - the thread being a serious commentary on the morals of some people, and had the potential to be an "interesting and serious thread, in your words" - was appalling.

Now, why don't you start a real thread, one which is serious and honestly discusses YOUR feelings about homosexuality and it's acceptance/non-acceptance in today's society? I'll participate in that one, but this one is simply degenerating into anger and namecalling, and there has been far too much of that lately on these boards...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Fight the opression!

LORETTA:
I want to have babies.
REG:
You want to have babies?!
LORETTA:
It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
REG:
But... you can't have babies.
LORETTA:
Don't you oppress me.
REG:
I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!
LORETTA:
[crying]
JUDITH:
Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.
FRANCIS:
Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.
REG:
What's the point?
FRANCIS:
What?
REG:
What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?!
FRANCIS:
It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.

It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.

REG:
It's symbolic of your struggle against reality.

Raven's Livers
Wolf's Nipple Tips ... get them while they're hot.

Are you the Judean's People's Front?
Fuck Off, we're the People's Front of Judea?
I thought we were the Popular Front.
No he is ... splitter. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

In the 1970's the student body where I went to school voted for Ava Gina as the homecoming queen, and Hugh G. Rection as the king. Both were guys; one just wore a really ugly wig.

As a matter of pure curiosity, where exactly did the guy wear the ugly wig?:)

> I don't see why everyone is turning this into an anti-gay protest.

Nor do I. Who cares? A living group at my college elected a cat to be their living group president (and representative to the school) every year. Again, who cares?

>The fact that she is a lesbian however is the only reason she was able to run for and win king.

Nonsense. She won because more people voted for her. If a cat had run, and won, would you claim it was because the cat was a democrat or something?

>Why would a straight women do this?

Why did Queen Hatshepsut crown herself King of Egypt? (She did, google it.) Because she could.

It's also a good object lesson on the democratic process.:P

1. Only 8% of the student body cast a vote. If you have an opinion, Vote.
2. In a multi-candidate race, the popular vote winner needs less than 51% to win.

"Waves of discontent are still rippling through the 2,100-student campus
Jones, who is openly homosexual, received 64 of 169 votes cast, the News-Post reported."
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

As a matter of pure curiosity, where exactly did the guy wear the ugly wig?

On his head -- this was the 70's... He wore a 1950's style cheerleading uniform (sweater/jumper and pleated skirt, white socks and sneakers) to go with it.

Wendy W
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

."

[:/]

Here is my 2cents. I don't know what this person looks like but he/she won in votes so that says something. Still there are two possibilities to consider here and two more possibilities of which a can of worms stands to be opened.

1. If he/she is transgendered and transitioning and looks male, attractive and has and attractive partner that is feminine, then I think it should be allowed to stand. Also for the record I would not call he/she a lesbian.
2. If he/she is a lesbian and pretty with a pretty lipstick lesbian partner, then they may be amusing to watch but do not qualify for this contest, as it should be between a male and a female.

Then you need to think what of the other possibilities.
3. Should a transgendered transitioning male to female qualify for the female role? I think it should be the same as in a female to male.
4. Should homosexuals be allowed to take these King and queen spots? HELL NO!!! That is not only out of the scope but its nasty on every front.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I'ver never seen a real homecoming King/Queen contest before, is it how I think it is where the jock football captain and his cheerleading girlfriend usually win or is that just in the movies? :D

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......