warpedskydiver

Lesbian Becomes College Homecoming King

>If this is about the wardrobe choices of the day, I chose 33's . . .

I have mostly 33's. They fit great before I left for Thailand/Australia. I now weigh exactly the same as I did when I left, but the 33's are hanging off me. So what the heck is up with that? People are arguing about these silly things here in SC when I have a serious sizing issue going on here! What, am I going to have to go back to my ragged 32-sized jeans?

Actually for me its even more strange but its really not a mistery. When in my worst shape I was 220 wearing 35's, fall rate was very fast then. Now at 230 with 33's, fall rate is unussually fast. I think I would be satisfied with 31's at 215. That way my jumpsuit would be so baggy from the waist down that it would have to slow me down.

If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Those are the type of morals that most people, even non-Christians, share.

Exactly! And you don't think a lack of these morals in our society is a bit worrisome?

As far as worrying about the orientation of someone else, you will find neither I nor any poster brought in the concept of the girl winning due to her being a lesbian ( until Narci came in and started railing on us for not liking the fact that one can change the idea of man,to fit a woman)
I was simply shocked that by today's standards, there seems to be no boundaries of what makes a man a man, and a woman a woman.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Just curious - isn't "King" Gender specific?

or are we trying to redefine the entire language because of homosexuality?

we have ebonics - what will we call this?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>isn't "King" Gender specific?

Depends on usage. Some societies (the UK) have kings and queens with defined gender roles. Some (Egypt) had a king (or pharaoh) that could be male or female. Most other uses are gender neutral. Kingfishers refer to both sexes, a King Crab can be male or female etc.

>or are we trying to redefine the entire language because of homosexuality?

No more so than we redefined the language when we went to 'firefighter' instead of 'fireman.'

I was simply shocked that by today's standards, there seems to be no boundaries of what makes a man a man, and a woman a woman.

I don't think it's a matter of "today's standards"... I think that what makes a man a man and a woman a woman is largely defined by one's culture, and many cultures (throughout history) don't have such a black and white definition.

you will find neither I nor any poster brought in the concept of the girl winning due to her being a lesbian

Aside from the fact that the very first word of the topic of this thread is "lesbian".

Yes, but we were discussing the fact that the woman won a man's position, not the fact that she was a lesbian.
Sorry bud, I know you are passionate about your lifestyle, but you were the one to get upset about the orientation, not any of us:P.

I would post the same response, regardless if the woman was homosexual or not.

I would post the same response, regardless if the woman was homosexual or not.

What would the topic have been if she was a straight woman?

Edit for typo

The topic would be why she, a female won a position that was clearly intended for males.

>If this is about the wardrobe choices of the day, I chose 33's . . .

I have mostly 33's. They fit great before I left for Thailand/Australia. I now weigh exactly the same as I did when I left, but the 33's are hanging off me. So what the heck is up with that? People are arguing about these silly things here in SC when I have a serious sizing issue going on here! What, am I going to have to go back to my ragged 32-sized jeans?

Actually for me its even more strange but its really not a mistery. When in my worst shape I was 220 wearing 35's, fall rate was very fast then. Now at 230 with 33's, fall rate is unussually fast. I think I would be satisfied with 31's at 215. That way my jumpsuit would be so baggy from the waist down that it would have to slow me down.

33's, 35's, 31's....Y'all think it's tough???? Try finding a size 10 with a 35 inch inseam. Pain in the arse it is.... :S

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

And what, exactly, would be so morally threatening about a woman winning a man's position?

Aside from the fact that some might have to drive an even bigger truck to back up their sexual orientation?

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

And what, exactly, would be so morally threatening about a woman winning a man's position?

Aside from the fact that some might have to drive an even bigger truck to back up their sexual orientation?

.jim

So my truck is to back up my sexual orientation. Thats funny. Previously it was my bodybuilding or my small canopy. Or was that referring to penis size?
Is that make up on your face to match your liberal attitude and gayness. If so it works perfectly.

I thought I had derailed this thread and showed how silly this argument is.

It's not a silly argument. The gender of college homecoming kings is of utmost importance to our society, and one of today's most pressing issues. If we allow women to be homecoming king, who knows what will happen next... Iran might build a nuclear weapon or something.

It's not what I would call morally threatening hun;). However, you can't just change the standard definitions of what a man is and what a woman is.

She was elected as "homecoming king," not "homecoming man." So I don't think anyone was trying to change the definition of what a man is. :P

it would be: Woman Becomes College Homecoming King.

You forget, I wasn't the one who wrote the article or wherever this story came from; I just responded to it;)

I don't forget that at all. What you said was:

neither I nor any poster brought in the concept of the girl winning due to her being a lesbian

But the VERY FIRST WORD in the topic ITSELF is "lesbian". And you yourself admit that if it were a straight woman it would be just "Woman".

In other words, the original poster made a SPECIAL POINT of her sexual orientation when it wasn't necessary.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

it would be: Woman Becomes College Homecoming King.

You forget, I wasn't the one who wrote the article or wherever this story came from; I just responded to it;)

I don't forget that at all. What you said was:

neither I nor any poster brought in the concept of the girl winning due to her being a lesbian

But the VERY FIRST WORD in the topic ITSELF is "lesbian". And you yourself admit that if it were a straight woman it would be just "Woman".

In other words, the original poster made a SPECIAL POINT of her sexual orientation when it wasn't necessary.

Okay, perhaps my statement above should be revised. Yes, someone posted the story, about a LESBIAN; however, the posts directly after the first post had nothing to do with the girl's sexual orientation, and everything to do with a woman taking a man's position.
But, as Shotgun posted, the girl won homecoming king title, not homecoming "man." It would be more displeasing if the girl had won that title.

>you can't call a female 'fireman', it's not PC. It's fireperson.

Ah, redefining words now to suit your militant feminist agenda, eh?

B|B|B|
( I wasn't the one who made things PC or not;))
And please don't ever tell me I have a feminist agendaB|B|B| ( PA!!!!) :ph34r:

Okay, perhaps my statement above should be revised.

Yes. You should also retract your repeated statements that I made this into a thread about sexual orientation. The topic STARTS with the word "Lesbian" for god's sake!

I put up with a lot of people attributing untrue opinions to me here, but it DOES get tiresome.

First Class Citizen Twice Over