nws01

Weekend Numbers

Awe (((((Val)))) babay girl just remember all of the good things that have happened! You have made a bunch of new friends, and engage in a sport that most only dream about. Change brings growth, but sometimes it is with a bit of pain too. Cheers darlin!
BB
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Whoever said "change is good" lied.

Aw, Val, change IS good! But, sometimes it just doesn't seem like it at the time. Give it 6 months,and tell us your thoughts on it then. And, keep an open mind.
Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

14 (number of stand up landings in my last 14 jumps):5:0
Stupid Perris winds... I wanted to do more jumps but I'm such a wussy about jumping while dust devils are twirling through the landing area and thermals are keeping me bouncing around up there forever.
Saturday I did a couple of two ways with Michele (she falls fast; my back still hurts from arching to keep up with her), then Linda (hotamaly) organized a five way that was 4/5 dz.commer's - Michele, ECVZZ, me, Linda and Nick. Nice funneled exit out of the Skyvan.
Sunday did two jumps with Linda - a 12 way (2 points) and a 14 way (also 2 points) - before the winds got funky and I sat down. Dropped my RW suit off with Shirley to have the booties amputated too.
Still have the demo Spectre packed up in my rig... guess I'll have to go do a jump or two after work tomorrow...

Still Bytchless

Well duh! You're on the wrong coast, loser! ;):P
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez

3( number of times I ended up OUTSIDE the raft)*:0:1
*= wouldn't you just love to know....ummmm....more than last week....
No jumps, quite windy and the idiot who was meant to bring my rig out didn't (just kidding, I love you Dad......well, most of the time) By the time I got it, the weather was utter shite, so only went back out for a tongue wag, dinner and a drink.
Went whitewater rafting Sunday at the rapids used for the Sydney Olympics: two words: YEAH BABY!!! I whitewater kayaked for 4 years, and THIS WAS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!! (and it only set me back US$25!)
A good weekend....got home today.....(monday)....

1 more KICK ASS party at Orange:11:0
God I love Skydive Orange! Had a blast at Caveman Palooza.... got to jump with the incredible Max Cohn... met the coolest bunch of Golden Knights there ever was.... did a belly jump, which I haven't done in a year :o... laughed my ass off freeflyin' with my fabulous O friends (man alive can they get jiggy!) I would have done way more but I only did 3 jumps on Sunday due to lack of sleep and pure exhaustion. Still, this weekend ROCKED! Yeehaw!
dove

17 pounds of lead on one jump: 8 (7 today):1
I was playing the true freeflier today and fliped between 4/16 way video and sitflying. Filmed Shannon Piltcher coaching today and learned a ton on 4 way video. I am having my new firefly suit chopped up and made faster this week since this wearing 8 pounds of weights is getting old fast. Flew second video on a 16 way with smoke so I went under the formation and orbited looking up... too bad it was in a bit of haze and my lens fogged up. Ordering a .65 lens this week for RW.. this .50 I'm jumping requires me to get too close for comfort. The wedding at the DZ last night rocked too...
Drop the tube...DROP the tube...

7(the number of jump tickets I can't find ARGGGGHH!!!!!!!!):4:1
The first was for passing a sobriety test after being pulled over on the way home for crossing a dotted yellow line (But officer, the CVC clearly states that you are allowed to cross the line)
Me thinks I've used up all my traffic ticket luck for quite a while
the INTERNET comes in any color you'd like

3:2:1
the 3 is for 2 good exits (finally, last 4 jumps were shit exits) and the other one is for having a quick look to broken bones and maybe broken neck, I landed 2 meters from the cliff (scared that hell out of me, had to made a cross wind landing, or else it was rock climbing day)
Made 2 great jumps, 1 RW 2-way and the other was a 4 way donut.
1 case cause my first time jumping in shorts and t-shirt (I always use a jumpsuit, except this time)
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid?"
drenaline

1(times I came even remotely close to the target):3:0
I didn't even intend on jumping but my hayfever cleared up for awhile and I just got a new job and the weather was great! How could I say no?
Whoohoo! Cleared to 40 seconds! Figuring out how to *not* spin, pulling clean... I Love This Sport! :)

13(number of braids i had in my hair yesterday):2:0
Only 2 jumps the whole weekend cause i was sick. One jump, Wildblue took me out to watch my attempt at headdown so he could tell me how to do it right:)"You have not truly lived, til you've known someone worth dying for"

Worked at Spaceland all weekend long, watching 120 ways! Awesome sight to see! Only got to make 4 jumps since I had to work!
Last jump of the day (sun was pretty much down, very dark) was Nacmacfeegle's last jump before he heads back to Scottland....:( Gonna miss ya Dave!!! Lots of .commers there this weekend too! Had a blast!
Goin back today to get my jumps in!!!
What happened to Turbo?
He was to slow so we......

Oh, forgot to mention that an 8-way I did on Friday was almost entirely through a pouring rain cloud. I was completely soaked and my lips and face hurt very badly for over an hour. I was at the end of a zipper, so I pulled my piece partner's hand under my face towards the bottom end of the dive. OUCH! Still, it cleared up five minutes later and got to about 95 degrees and severe clear.
Also, concerning Florida weather: It rained almost the entire time I was there last week; lame.
Chuck
My webpage HERE