nws01

Weekend Numbers

2:0:0
Spent the day in Chicago with the little lady, went to Navy Pier, a couple bars, then took her to the movies- Spending the day today working on the house - Nice weekend, too- Kinda weird- first weekend in a long time I haven't jumped for other than weather or wind reasons- But Sharon reallyppreciates it! I'll be up at the DZ this Tuesday to do mini-big-ways with the gang, though!
Blues ones, Folks!

0:2:0
Working all weekend but still managed to get to the DZ Friday night and stayed till 2 PM Saturday. Got in a jump with Brittany (6 Way tube jump) so all is OK with the world. I'm off Thursday so hopefully we'll have a tandem show up. :)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

9 hours of massage class on Saturday:2:0
back in the air sunday after a few weeks off, some discussion of what would be a rockin' team for next year and potential for the rest of this season. =c) it's good to be back!
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

1 prescription for vicodin:2:1
Beer is for my first skydiving-induced visit to the emergency room.
Not sure what happened -- all I know is 12 hours after a routine, if kinda hard stand-up landing, I was in so much pain a friend had to take me to the hospital. Will post more details later, if I can fight through this painkiller-induced haze of inertia. Also, I'm at work.
I like vicodin. Mmmm. *falling asleep on keyboard*

Yikes, hope you're feeling better Jess, enjoy the Vicodin.
As for me...
2 (number of phone calls I wish I hadn't missed) : 3 : 1
Have I mentioned how much I hate Florida summers. Totally rained out Saturday, and was only able to get 3 loads in on Sunday.
Beer for first time dumping in a sit (gotta love the Cobalt) :)Oh yeah, took TP with me on the second load, a 2 way sitfly that went pretty well. Was just wearing shorts and a T-shirt and it fell out of my shirt during opening. :( Oh well, will try again next weekend.
--
Come to the dark side

6:20:0
Gave six massages......noodle heads. The rest well you know the score. Managed to get a bit of road rash on left foot shreddin' the grass...ah well a long way from my heart... friend from Canada who femured in showed up on crutches........so good to see her, she looks fabulous. Think I'll take a few days off and head toward the beach...........
Cheers!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

28 (how old I turned on Saturday):2:1 (first 24 hour scenario paintball game).
Did the ShadowBreed 24 hour paintball game at Challenge Park in Joliet Il. on Saturday, 300 players split between two teams - my primary marker started shooting hot after the first couple of hours and wouldn't come back down past 300fps - so I called it a day, gonna have to see about getting a softer spring for it.
A squad of US Army Rangers showed up and got tossed on the opposition's side - did we ever have fun chewing into them :)
Sunday: knocked off two jumps - found a use for the silly little CYPRES pouch - it fits my digital camera perfectly, so I can wear it on the way up and grab snaps from the door of the plane and while under canopy - got some nice ones too :)

2 hours of flying Big Air Kites:4:1
The Big Air Kites Kick Ass! I had a 35 sq/ft kite drag me on my ass halfway across the landing area. So fun!
Four jumps because it was rained most of Saturday and windy on Sunday.
One case of 'good karma' beer. No excuses needed to pick up a case for you and your friends.
Hope everyone else had a good weekend.
-
Jim

7 Dr. Pepper cans on my desk:0:0.
Such a crappy week I couldn't even think up something interesting for the first number. I will probably be at Sky Knights on Thursday afternoon to get one in before the packing class. Depends on the traffic on I-94.
--
Brian

0.0.4 bizzare weather in okechobee this weekend first time landed with the plane twice in 1 day as manifest called up and said dont get out int 500 foot black thunderstorm over the dz ( was nice when we went up ) any way got 4 jumps in and 3 with TP there is footage and stills of the airborne anaconda to come...
dre
www.tumblefuqs.com
A rainy day at the DZ is better than a Sunny day at the Office, When in doubt Whip it out...

2 (number of gators I saw):2:0
Weather was pretty bad here in FL, so I only managed one jump each day. Today we had a river party, and I went on my first airboat ride, which was VERY cool! Oh, and you guys missed me swimming in the river in my thong. ;)
Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

0:4:0
:( My last jump at my (now ex) home dropzone:
An awesome 5-way out of the 206. The men on the skydive consisted of the S&TA, the instructor who passed me off of student status, another instructor who I took some road trips with, and an old-timer who I've learned so much from. The points turned pretty easy (and I even got to steal some kisses from two of those men!), and to our final formation of a line while we all marveled at the beauty of our old home. They all landed next to the hangar (which was funny, since the evil men who run the airport haven't let them do that for over a year.)
Sure, I'll find another place, but it's hard to leave good friends who have gone out of their way to get you skydiving, despite the large number of terrifying landings.
Other weekend stuff: my friend got a job down south, and since he won't be able to come back to Purdue for over a year , we all got very drunk! It's great that he got an awesome job, but Harry's won't be the same without him.
Whoever said "change is good" lied.
You can't stop me; you can only hope to contain me!