CanuckInUSA

Weekend Numbers

2(week the DZ drank a mexican food place out of Tequila):8:0

Some of the dropzone enjoys going to a local mexican food place and drinking what they call a "3 generation Margarita." So about 8 of us for the 2nd Friday in a row go to the resturant to have some drinks and "fuel" up for first load. The week before we had to stop drinking because we ran them out of Tequila, this week we ran them out of Tequila fast enough that they were able to send someone to the liquor store to buy a couple more bottles (and we finished off one of those bottles too). Lets just say we like to have fun when we go out. :P

I'm enjoying the great Texas weather we've had the past couple weekends in a row and have been able to get back on track with my jumping. My goal is to finish the year with over 200 jumps for the year, seeing how I'll hit that in just a few more jumps, I don't think that will be a problem.B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Follow-up to my earlier post. This is a pic of one of the Sunday jumps. The pic was graciously provided by Tony Hathaway. My thanks. Tony has mega-videojumps and has had photos in Parachutist, tv, mags, everything. Look at the pic and you'll understand why.

If you are ever in Z-hills, get some artwork done by him.

Bill

Nov24_40-way.jpg

Damn, that's a pretty formation. Took me a second to realize that's an outfacing base... damn...

So who's in pink?

Can't remember her name. Late 40's, JTFC suit and t-shirt.

Want to hear something cool? B| That was the second point. It was a room dive. Guy Wright and Boxman organizing. 8-way base with slots to lock it in. I was the 7 o'clock slot.

There was 4 "rooms". Loops with a person in them. (Skybytch - I know you know what a "room" is. Explanation for others.)

On the key, the base broke in 4 places with the slots holding them solid. The 4 room people flew inside, went 90 degrees to the right to the gap where another room person just came out and took out-facing grips. Thus completing a 12-way base with 4 outfacing. Point 2 complete.

On the next key, the 4 outfacing people turned towards the center and did a donut with high shoulder grips instead of leg grips.

At 5000, the outside tracked away. At 4500, the base 8 tracked while the inside 4 turned a left-hand donut.

Yeah, I had a sweeeet weekend. B|B|
Picked up some super-tracking tips. Learning and learning.

Bill

We didn't even know it was gone for a few hours or else we would have gathered up all the guns on the DZ, chased him with the cessna and shot the shit out of the car. (with someone flying video, of course)

They stole the camera too, right (stomp, stomp), right? And two rigs, I think a couple canopies, and a stack of jump tickets!

Seriously, for having his car stolen, Trevor managed to stay in good spirits all weekend... might have been influenced by the Red Bull and Vodka (oops, that was me!)!

I wonder how many DZ.comers have called your cell phone now?

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Follow-up to my earlier post. This is a pic of one of the Sunday jumps. The pic was graciously provided by Tony Hathaway. My thanks. Tony has mega-videojumps and has had photos in Parachutist, tv, mags, everything. Look at the pic and you'll understand why.

If you are ever in Z-hills, get some artwork done by him.

Bill

Guy is still wearing that screaming neon, eh?:)

Guy is still wearing that screaming neon, eh?:)

Yeah, and ain't it handy. The trail plane people had no problem. We had some new guys doing trail plane float and they were a little nervous.

Jurgen was wearing an orange and yellow suit. My slot was on his left leg. I would swoop down, sit behind him. Wait for my slot to build. Slide left and dock.

1 Building burned down at the DZ & 1 Bar that cut off all the skydivers for being "to rowdy" >:(: 8 Jumps : B|You should always buy beer for the heck of itB|

Oh I did a night jump on Saturday. A 2 way sit fly from a Cessna 206. One guy on the load landed off and busted up his face pretty good. That sucked. Besides that it was like always... Never a dull moment at the DZ:ph34r:

:(:5:??

First number self-explanatory.
5 awesome jumps this weekend...way cool sitfly with my gal Sunshine (ain't she the best)!!
Way too many cases I owe...first sitfly jump...first tube jump...shall I go on??

I am lucky that Sunshine can put up with hearing all my guy troubles!! I think I talked her ear off this weekend!!

-----------------------------------------------------
When you're going to extremes...you taste adrenaline!!