CanuckInUSA

Weekend Numbers

0:4:0

My usual first number.

4 great jumps Sat even though I had my girls.

No beer owed as I'm still jumping my old jumpsuit. I'll buy beer when I get to jump the new (to me) one.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

0:12:X

Did 2 night jumps this weekend, both were shuttle loads, first shuttle launch was scrubbed, we jumped anyways. Second one went, was fucking amazing. ;) WOW.

Our school club had a boogie this weekend, so I knocked out a dozen jumps, did a couple of DIRT cheap coach jumps, had loads of fun.

So yeah. Derek

B|:10:0

Saturday 36-way 1pt, 37-way 3pts, 39-way 2pts, 41-way 1pt.

Sunday 36-way 3pts, 37-way 1 pt, 39-way 1-pt, 39-way incomplete, 40-way 2pts.

Saturday was a little chilly 60's on the ground, so I wore some woolies and gloves. Sunday was in the mid-70's. Unlimited visibility all weekend. 10 jumps all together. Flew most slots. Base, slots, diver, floater, loops, trail plane, lead plane. Too much fun.

0:5:1

I got no lovin, but I got jumpin! I was real excited today when the dz called. 4 hop n pops, one high one. To make my day even better, 4 of those jumps were free. I don't know why, but they were. Case owed for first time experiencing snow (and a lot of it) in freefall. wonderful experience really, everyone should try it.B|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

Fill us in on the deadstick? Engine problem or a fuel problem?

Our emergency hop n'pop on Saturday was fuel related in a Cessna Caravan. But as I said, everyone got out ok (I was one of the last out) and the pilot was able to dead stick the bird back onto the runway.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Holy crap! I can't beleive that about your car, hope you get it back or insurance is speedy on hooking up with another one!

0:5:0

3 fun fun fun sits actually that wound up in mostly stand for me to stay w/the boys, 1 5pt. 10way RW and 1 sunset tracking dive :)-

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

3 fun fun fun sits actually that wound up in mostly stand for me to stay w/the boys,

Yea, well .. I also float. I can sit fly as slow as 120mph! I can also speed up my sit to a normal 145-150, but it's a pretty tight sit (legs together, and punched down a lot, but not quite in a stand). I know the feeling you have! Today I jumped with another floater and it was nice to finally be able to have a nice square sit and be flying the same speed as the other person! Our dive averaged around 130mph (sit whole jump). It was fun ... I need to find more lightweights out there, but I still have fun flyiin with the "homesick rocks."

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

0:0:0

Home from college for the first time since the semester started. It's always nice to see the folks.

I also have access to my car again. Which means, if the weather stays jumpable, I will be at SDC on Wednesday. So, uh, is anybody else gonna be around?

Trevor, sorry to hear the news. i feel your pain when it comes to losing a car, they can almost become family. see the attached obit. ;) in other news...

0:0:1

no jumps, but ran my first real "race" on saturday morning. a wild 6 mile xcountry run through creeks and stuff. almost 6000 runners. fun fun fun! it was followed up with lots of drinking! B|

MAD_CAV_obit.pdf

0:4:2

2 cases marking two events: my 200th jump and a landing just off the "acceptable" grassy area today, there was no escape...:P

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Case owed for first time experiencing snow (and a lot of it) in freefall. wonderful experience really, everyone should try it.

u must be smoking crack.... that shit hurts in freefall!!!!!!!!... ofcourse i don't have a full face so it hurts... now i guess if ya had a fullface and everybit of skin covered it could be cool..........

my numbers..... 0:3:0

1(times I just called in and my boss is gonna kick my ass...but I get to be with Anne some more):0...anne no jump...me no jump:0 due to the above...

my car just broke down on the way home..so now I gotta spend money to fix my trans....me NOT happy.......this dips into the "move to St.Louis fund".....

oh well....:|:|...there is a pretty good chance I might get lucky tonight though:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P;);););););)

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

oh, sorry. I guess I didn't make my sarcasm in that very clear. No, that was a joke. IT hurt like hell! then I couln't feel my face for a while and I have wind burn. wahh. I sound really whiney. sorry all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

2:6:2

2 times jumped with my brand new Hawkeye camera helmet. (Beer paid) Still haven't gotten all of the gremlins worked out yet.

6 total jumps for the weekend. Did some good rw dives 4 and 3 way.

2 new things tried at the dropzone this weekend.

Well, really one, but I'll give up the stories anyway.

I've been toying with building tubes. I finally got a really nice one together (checker board with red and yellow blocks with red flames on the top.) It was jumped and because I rushed a little bit on production, it shredded. I failed to double stitch half of the seams and it blew apart. Learning point for my next one.

The second new thing done was my remote control skydiver. I took a G.I Joe doll and mounted a control servo on his back. Made some mods to his parachute and he began his static line training. The first jump went pretty bad. He spun all the way into the ground. It wasn't until about 80 feet the I was able to counter his spin. Second jump not much better, he got a line wrapped around his foot and spun into the woods. He needs some more work, but it's coming along.