IronMike

Anti Americanism in Europe

does that also prevent "Gawain2" from coming into the fray?

Ask rhino, he was a pro at doing that. :P

We also know your IP address, so we can ban your name, your address, or both. I've never done it before, wanna try it out? ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We also know your IP address, so we can ban your name, your address, or both. I've never done it before, wanna try it out? ;)

No, I don't wanna try, but I'm on a dynamic IP so that doesn't help anyone much. No matter. I prefer normal forks for eating with, no cyber-hot-forks that sting you in the keester. :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Single woman - if I go out of the country by myself to explore the world (and there are quite a few places on my list of "Must See Before I Die"), would I be safe since I'm an American?

Well, In South Africa you would be as safe as at home. We love the Americans, and our local businessmen love the dollars they bring with them. In return, we offer the most beautiful country in the world, the best food, two oceans, national parks, clubs, nightlife - anything you can want from an overseas holiday.

Americans should not abstain from travelling because of fear for anti-American sentiment. There's less of that than it seems. The empty pots just make the most noise.

Besides, I would never harm someone just because they're arrogant ;).

--
ZZZzzzz....

Haven't we come to their aid or defeated their Nazi government at the cost of thousands of Americans.

Only after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, until then Americans were against joining the war in Europe.

After all...you were making a lot of money selling us munitions & supplies.

Can you say "Ironic" ? >:(

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

I've traveled alone. I found southern France's bigger cities (particularly Marseilles) to be a little intrusive :$, and I stayed right away from Spain and Portugal at the time because I was just sightseeing with my bicycle, and not going to dropzones or anything.

No problems, other than too many guys jostling me in Marseilles. Way too many.

I spent 6 weeks in Luxembourg, Belgium, Great Britain, and France, and had a great time.

The one thing I'd suggest if you want to really get out on your own as a single woman is knowing enough of the language to be able to pick whom you ask directions or help of. That doesn't have to be a lot, but you want to know where you're going ahead of time, and you want to be able to read the street signs enough not to have to ask the first person you see every time.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Much....

later....we forgave most of the debts.

Sorry dude i don't like character assassination after a long day at work,
i was generally getting back at IronMike.
As an Englishman i was offended to the bone by them remarks, the English are always up for a fight...
and after a thousand years of banging heads and pissing blood, we also know a great deal about diplomacy.

Btw Sangiro, i think IronMike should be given the opportunity to apologize,
i don't think it deserves a total ban. (now i have calmed down)

Or....a trial by his peers, what about a poll ? any thoughts ?

Now wheres that fucking chill pill.... [:/]

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Now if that happened to me, or anyone, does that also prevent "Gawain2" from coming into the fray? Or is there a permanent list?

Of course you can register another name, but remember it takes me a single click to get rid of the new one again. Then you have to go through that whole annoying registration process again just so I can click on your name again when I see you around. In the end the odds are dramatically stacked in my favor to simply wear you out!

If you come back and behave, I may never know that it's you... but I also don't care, because you're behaving! :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Did you know that only 4% of Americans hold a passport?
'Those that don't travel overseas may not do so for reasons of finance or the fact that there is so much to see right here. The United States is a large country with various cultures and climates. '

This statistic (4% with passports) may be misleading, in the case of Americans. The majority of Americans who have travelled overseas don't have valid passports. Last fall I spent four weeks wandering around Europe on BASE tour with an American who had no passport.
American military personnel don't require passports for a great deal of foreign travel (they get shuttled by the military, land at US bases, and are legally entitled to enter many countries with their service ID and current orders).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Haven't we come to their aid or defeated their Nazi government at the cost of thousands of Americans.

Only after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, until then Americans were against joining the war in Europe.

Can you say "Ironic" ? >:(

I don't know why it is that so many Hollywood educated Americans think that the US "defeated" Nazi Germany. The US certainly played a major role, but only about 1/6 of the forces involved in the European theater were US troops. If any nation can rightfully claim to have defeated the Nazis, it would be the USSR, but in truth it took the contributions from many nations.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ummm...actually the lend lease act meant we gave you weapons and supplies with your promise to pay us later....we forgave most of the debts.

That is true - but omits consideration of the intellectual property that the US obtained from Britain for free - radar (especially the cavity magnetron), sonar, jet engines, and at least a year's head start on the atomic bomb project. And not least, any number of war brides.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

a thousand years of banging heads and pissing blood

DUDE...GO TO A DOCTOR! I can see putting it off, but somethings gotta give...it's been a thousand years for crying out loud!;):D

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I don't know why it is that so many Hollywood educated Americans think that the US "defeated" Nazi Germany. The US certainly played a major role, but only about 1/6 of the forces involved in the European theater were US troops. If any nation can rightfully claim to have defeated the Nazis, it would be the USSR, but in truth it took the contributions from many nations.

So very true, while the US did play a very integral part in the ETO, the true brunt of defeating Nazi Germany lies not with the US, UK, or any one else in the West, but rather the hell known as Russian Winter. Now the PTO( pacific theater of operations) on the other hand, while helped by the Ozzies, and New Zealanders, and numerous other indigenous (sp?) peoples the US carried the brunt of defeating Japan

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

This statistic (4% with passports) may be misleading, in the case of Americans. The majority of Americans who have travelled overseas don't have valid passports. Last fall I spent four weeks wandering around Europe on BASE tour with an American who had no passport.

Lol, good luck with that now. you DEFINATELY wouldn't get into the UK without a passport.

As to weather a US woman would be ok, i'd say yes. OK london is a major city, so you take the usual precautions, but in other parts of the UK, you'd be very safe and indeed welcomed :)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Instead of banishment can we try bondage instead? Please?!!?!?!?!

I don't know if Billvon or Quade would be up to that, but I'll ask them for you. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon