IronMike

Anti Americanism in Europe

Everyone loves you Mama

Oh sure, try to cover up your whoriness by flattering me at the end. I'm onto you, sugar! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Americans helped to fund the IRA, who in turn ran terror campaigns in the UK, killing numbers of innocent people.

Americans, perhaps... But not America. The IRA has received support from a number of sources... some of which are in the very UK, not to mention ties to the Middle East and Norther Africa... Oh yeah, and the other side of that conflict are no saints either. The RUC has a fair amount of innocent blood on their hands too

If I recall, the FBI has made several arrests of IRA bad guys who found their way to this side of the pond... When I lived in Savannah, one of them was in a bar right down the street when he got nabbed.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Well, to be honest I don't know squat about the conflict with the IRA. If they were sending money to do that then I would certainly disagree with it. I'm not your enemy and don't want that sort of support coming from this country. OK?

Well it didn't affect America...

I think you feel we are doing the "it's my way or the highway" because we are blood thirsty.

No not bloodthirsty, more pigheaded, I feel that Bush has decided how it's going to be done and he gets pissed whenever anyone suggests that there might be another way. He seems to use the UN, and more recently NATO, when it suites him.

I guess I'm still an "ugly American" in the eyes of many.

I guess you would be the best judge of this, I have never had the pleasure of meeting you:ph34r::ph34r:, can anyone else comment on this?:)

I guess what pisses me off about threads like this one started out is the attitude of "if you're not doing what I think of as helping, you're hurting." It leaves little or no room for disagreement, and almost less room for getting new information.

This country, and many others, exist with a pretty decent amount of freedom of speech. How many people here on dz.com are scared of what might be read from their posts? Precious few; we're more scared of what ex-husbands and ex-wives might read.

When I was in high school, I lived in a dictatorship, and there was overt news censorship. One of the major newspapers had enough clout that they were able to simply print blank columns when a story was censored. It was a powerful statement. So I say we listen, then react, rather than reacting without listening.

Wendy W.
--clintonbushwhitehousearmywarterrorismbombstrike
oops -- forgot: "big hands":)

I'll give you extra altitude if you leave the thread open Mama.......

Oh, you're making me weak in my knees now, Chris. You really know how to snow a girl. If we can get more intelligent input like yours, it will stay open for a long time.

Rhino, don't make fun of Richard's name, that's very close to a personal attack. >:(
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I really am curious as to the viewpoints of people in different countries. I think this is something that can be conveyed without personal attacks, or calling people names (groups or individuals). While Mike is a bull in a china shop, he's said nothing more than I've heard around town (albeit more politically correct...which may or may not be good...). I would like to see people post their opinions about the situation, rather than their opinions about particular people on this site. This is a great opportunity to find out what people think, if handled well and with maturity.

Just my wishes, though, and "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride" as the saying goes...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~