IronMike

Anti Americanism in Europe

Hi, Bill...Still reading through the thread, but I thought I should take a quickie moment here...

Michele's comment was more along the lines of "he seems like he's connected to Al Quaeda, and since that's not impossible it's probably true."

My comment was, and is

I also don't see why it's so hard to see the leap between AQ/terrorism and Iraq. Why is it so impossible? And what evidence would someone need to be convinced otherwise?

What I am asking is simply why do people have a hard time with the notion that there may be a connection between AQ and Hussein; it further asks the question about what it would take to convince one person one thing or the other. It did not state that since "it's not impossible, then it's probably true". Just wanted to make that clear :)

Skyrad, I have traveled. I lived overseas as an exchange student, as a matter of fact. I will travel again at a point when I can afford it. And I love expanding my horizons. I am also, frankly, not that different from most people I know.

Thanks...back to reading the thread inbetween calls....more later as time permits.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

>What I am asking is simply why do people have a hard time with the
> notion that there may be a connection between AQ and Hussein . . .

I don't have a hard time with it. If there were proof I would probably believe it. Since there isn't much proof I tend to not believe it. That's true of many things I see, not just who sponsors terrorists.

The funny thing is, he's not even supposed to be president.

Well that might be true if it weren't for that constitution thingy. It says that he should.

Americans helped to fund the IRA, who in turn ran terror campaigns in the UK, killing numbers of innocent people.

That's funny. Brits helped fund the WTC bombings in 1993 and the attacks on 9/11. We understand that it is only a minority. Maybe you should realize that also.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

the USA didn't do a thing about preventing terrorist funding until 9/11 even though the CIA/FBI and Justice Department all new that money collected here was buying bombs in the UK.

Absolutely incorrect. A law making it illegal to fund international terrorism was enacted in the mid 1990's by the Clinton administration. It was done due to the first WTC bombing. It included 'the Irish cause'.

America is in this for America, because it is America's interests

Exactly right and I don't apologize one bit for it. Every other country is doing the same thing.

Did you know that only 4% of Americans hold a passport?

Skewed statistic. We don't need passports to go to the two closest countries (Canada and Mexico). That is not true for Australia.

It also costs them almost twice as much to come to Europe than it does for Americans, yet the place is full of them.

I've never compared prices but I find this hard to believe. Airfare from the US to the UK is almost twice as much as from the UK to the US.

Have you been to Australia? If so, you know that almost all of the population lives around the coastal areas cause so much of the place is a desert (about 85%). Beautiful beaches?? Do I hear the words "Great White Shark" here? Twice as many to go to Europe than here? Bullshit. Been there, done that. The monetary equavalent of USD /AU is worth almost twice as much (their dollar is about $.56 US) and AU/UK is almost four times as much. I think I'd try to escape a country that was founded on criminal colonies and never had the strength to stand on it's own feet. It's just my personal opinion but if ya don't like it here in the US, don't come here. We're not asking you to come here and with your mindset I don't think you would be welcome in my neighborhood.

FFF

I'm outta here...bye Ya'll...

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

"AMERICA - love it or leave it - if you are an American and vote, then you have a right to speak - if you don't vote - you have no right to open your mouth and spew obnoxious thoughts. If ya' don't like the way things are being done, get involved and make a change, peacefully, through the power of voting."

Nice thought--tell that to the 57,000 "felons" who were kept off the Florida voter rolls before the 2000 "election" of Dubbya. Too bad that 95% of them were innocent of any crimes--other than being black and/or Democrats.

I'm so embarassed and ashamed (and, no, I'm not leaving anytime soon, dipshit, because I still believe in the Constitution, what my country USED to stand for and making YOUR life a living hell) by my fellow Americans spouting the fascistic rhetoric so fashionable these days. Trouble is, I can't get a coherent fact out of any of these "patriots." They only believe in the Bill of Rights when it's convenient. They don't know history, not even recent history, and read or listen only to mainstream US media. Like someone once said, "the American people are the least informed of any people in the world" and I can vouch for it. I see the proof on this forum and hear it from my Joe Sixpack neighbors every day. God help us all. . . .:P

“Keep your elbow up!"

This statistic (4% with passports) may be misleading, in the case of Americans. The majority of Americans who have travelled overseas don't have valid passports. Last fall I spent four weeks wandering around Europe on BASE tour with an American who had no passport.

Lol, good luck with that now. you DEFINATELY wouldn't get into the UK without a passport.

Actually, there are many thousands of US servicemen in the EU (including the UK) without passports. Right now, at this very moment, actually.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Man, this thread is getting Nasty! HH has banned someone and having to threaten others with the same. Come on folks, lets remember we're all apart of the same skydiving community, even if we don't agree!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Wow. I admire your patriotism but don't you think that response was a bit strong? Who would be doing all this anal raping? Do you have someone in mind?

Chill Dude. I'm sorry your nice buildings got scrunched by maybe 100 people, but I think you got even on that score by killing 1000's of innocents in Afganistan - in error of course - these things happen.

Be cool. The wheel turns. Everyone was on your side 1.5 years ago, but now - people are tired. Let it go.

Blue Skies,

t
It's the year of the Pig.