Zeemax

Week end jump numbers... 7/8 June...

Never started this before.. feels new.. strange... different and oh no i've gone cross eyed...

so.. i didn't jump sat, and i wont jump sun :(

making it... 0:0:0

i did make fantastic jump on thursday tho.. beautiful clear day.. could see the english coast, the channel and even the french coast... quiet a view :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

so.. i didn't jump sat, and i wont jump sun

I'm in the same boat, hell, with all this rain I might need a boat...

Anyhow, 0:0:0.

Someone told me today that it's rained the 18 of the last 23 weekends. I think I believe them. :|

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

0:1:0

Got into the air today for the first time in 4 weeks. Felt good. Would have done more, but TLML has some damage to her canopy -- nothing major, looks like someone stepped on it a put a burn/tear on the topskin of the center cell near the leading edge, so we left it to be repaired.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

0:0:0

Weekend off. Today I did the Airshow and saw F 14, F-16 F-18 (even numbers only, please?) in action including the real cool "cloud puffies" that surround those planes when they aproach supersonic (we had about a 1,000 ft cieling). B-25 "Miss Mitchell", CF-5, C-115 Buffalo (Skyhawks parachute demo team declined to do CReW due to said 1,000 ft cieling [:/][:/][:/]). Refueling demo by a C-130 Herc, aerobatics by a T-34 trainer and a Pitts Special, etc.

On the ground we got to see all the above as well as KC-10 (DC-10)refueller and a KC-135 refueller/troop ship, Tiger Moth, 727 (yes, I could jump one of those), Lougheed Electra T-10 (first passenger ship in Canada circa 1937), C-130 set up as an arial hospital, etc. there wee the regular small fry (too small to jump club planes, models, etc) and the typical military demos. "They" also sacraficed a Skoda (dropped by a Griffon Helo). Oh yes, the 9 plane Snowbirds team (best in the world... they say) finished the show.

Apparently the DZ was weathered out for most of the day (...I had to phone to find out what I missed).

Tomorow I build ear protection in preparation for the Ozzy Osbourne concert hitting the 'peg tomorrow night. Besides that, my Racer is in the rigging shop being "freefly miodified" so I wouldn't be jumping anyway.

Since it's not jump related I don't owe beer for the first airshow I've paid to see ;);) damn skydiving addiction is spreading to jumpships now :o:o:o

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

So far this weekend, I've done 9 tandem jumps but no "fun" jumps. I'm sure tomorrow will change that since I only have 1 jump left the TM course I'm in. B|

I owe so much damned beer that I'm actually buying a Keg of Shiner Bock for a skydiver party we've got going on in a bit over a week.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

4 canopy control jumps for me. (from one of our ProSwoop competitors)

3 h'n'p's from 8k, and a 15 sec delay from 13.
1 tutor jump, and 3 brake jumps (spent the entire time in some sort of brake)

Quite fun, and I improved my landings quite a bit. I'm now using all the flare on my canopy, but then again I only had 3 jumps in this rig before thie weekend...

I plan on doing some more when he does them.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

I'm in the same boat, hell, with all this rain I might need a boat...

A true statement if I've ever heard one, but since we've been in a drout for a few years I'll not complain.

0:0:0

At this rate my last jump was in Perris and my next jump may be there too.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

no jumps. no nothing.

spent thsi weekend at a camp for bereaved kids who had lost family members in the past year. An excellent camp, some pretty neat group stuff as a result, and my hearing has dissolved to nothing after a raucous karaoke night. OUCH.

1 nice Otter we got loaned by Hinkley:4:0

I think I've got the hang of this "side door" type airplane :ph34r:. Nice weekend even if it was a partial rainout both days. I was up too late last night and over slept a few loads today... but I'll do better in the future.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com