Rebel

I DID IT! I left my wheelchair behind

Hi, everyone!

I did it!! I did a tandem jump! I went out to Crosskeys Freefall adventure 7/15, and it's a great place. I had a lot of friends there, and family too. I got put into a sling, trussed up like the family Thanksgiving turkey, and was loaded on the plane. I didn't get nervous - I wasn't even scared. People had reminded me to keep breathing, but I didn't need to be reminded. I was cool. Range was my TM, and Jumphog was my videographer.

And then we went jumping. It was more than I thought it would be, bigger and better and really amazing. I am still in awe of it, a day later. It was endless and over too soon. It was so big and it was so great and the canopy ride was smooth and I landed well and it was just incredible.

I wanted to take a second and say thanks for supporting me, and giving me so much encouragement. It's not everyday that a wheelchair bound person gets to be free, and it was the best thing I've done - and I've done a lot.

Michele has been working on a story and she says it will be done soon...and maybe even with video, too, so you can all see what it looks like for a rebel to fly.

Congratulations!!! It just goes to show that hurdles can be over come when our minds are set on doing it. Keep us posted as to what you and Michelle maybe working on and post any pictures or videos that you may have. It would be nice to use you as an inspiration for others. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Kick ass!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Just yesterday I was thinking about you and if you had done your jump yet. I'm so glad you got to do your jump and that you really enjoyed it!

I've got a HUGE smile on my face now, thank you, you really made my day with your story.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Keep on living man.....

This guy lives. It has been incredible being with him as he makes this journey. I have been working on the story, and it should be coming soon, Art. And I've got the vid in the works, as well, so we can all see them.

I am soooooooo proud of you, Art, and so in awe of you. You freekin rawk!!!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

You freekin rawk!!!

So do you, Michele...:)

Agreed, they both rawk!!!

And for Art, I definitely would like to get in contact with you, PM, for I think that you are giving us a lesson here that sometimes we tend to forget.

As you Michele, you have been neglecting a request......pm me and let me know how can I help you relax.......

Blue ones my friends.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Congratulations Art!! I hope you have many more jumps and stories to share. I look forward to reading the story Michelle is putting together and seeing the pics!!:)

Sir, you are an inspiration!!!

I am so thrilled by this thread that you shared with us. Words cannot describe the happiness I feel for you.

Thank you very much for sharing this. It just made my day, which was a pretty lousy one.

I hope you get to do more tandems and continually feel that excitement and freedom you so deserve.

Does anyone else find this thread a huge breath of fresh air?

Blue skies and looking forward to your story via Michele,
Chris