aprilcat

Lost And Loved, Than Have Never to Have Loved At All...

Another spill-over from the Women's Forum and my own Private-Idaho...once I break up with a guy I see them 'different' and can't 'repeat'. I'm friends with MOST of my exes (cept the hubby)... but really...

Personally, I feel its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all...THEN if they try to say 'oops' and come back... you burn down their village>:(~~April
P.S. BLEAH!!! :P

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

It is always better to have loved and lost than to never have loved.

When we love and lose, we learn two thing:

1. We learn more about what we need out of a relationship

2. We learn more about what others need from us

And, hopefully there are more positive things to reflect upon than negative ones.

Kelly and I loved and lost. I wouldn't trade the time for anything. My memories of her / us are treasures. But, now, I'm better prepared to find what I need to be happy.

- topher

"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

Losing at love teaches me how dumb i was for thinking it would work. Like what the F@Q was i thinking ? Reminds me that being in a "love daze" can be real...... Real stupid. If you are in love now, take a step back and ask yourself "is this how I want to spend the rest of my life ? Being single is better than being in a living hell or disfunctional relationship.
And it is not better to love and lose if your heart is gets scarred so bad that you think love will never happen again.
Be wise with your love.

It's definitely better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Despite perhaps having a broken heart every once in a blue moon due to a relationship not working, I do not regret having loved totally and completely with all my heart. At least, I have known and shared some beautiful, intimate experiences. I have felt totally alive and experienced my emotions to the fullest. For the most part, I have amazing memories of men who have shared themselves and their love with me and who gave me their heart as willingly as I gave mine. What can be more beautiful and more rewarding than loving someone?

Instead of loving and losing, why not save yourself for "the perfect one" who will make your life perfect and never-ever hurt you? The Backstreet Boys songs, and most fairytales, are about that person so expect a short waiting period during the search. ;)

Hopefully, they will like your cat also. :ph34r:

I have trouble with this one 'cause the one true love in my life, Shawn Gloyer, the pilot of the King Air in Hawaii, died and left me broken hearted. I have tried to love since, but no one will ever compare to my Shawn. So having loved him essentially left me a widow at 30, and ensured I would never be as happy with another man. I still talk about him all the time, which drives the men I have loved since crazy, 'cause they just can't compete with a dead guy. No one will ever measure up, so whomever I am with will never be as good as the true love of my life. And I will always wish I was with my Shawn instead.
I also loved a couple men before Shawn, but lost track of them while pursuing my education. They have both since gotten married and had kids, so I can't have them either.
Had I never been in love, I wouldn't know what I was missing so I would still be happy with my little black book I had in college, always feeling that a boyfriend was just a waste of time and got in the way of my exploring life 'cause not as many doors open for a guy and a girl as easily as they open for just a single girl. I used to be happy alone, now I pine for my lost loves.
All that other stuff sounds great, but I honestly think I would have been better off had I not experienced the exstacy of true love 'cause now I wouldn't miss it so much!
Tink :([:/]
Rehab is for quitters.

I tend to go back and forth on this. I'm so glad for the happy times i've spent with past loves, but the pain when the relationship breaks up really sucks. It takes a long time to get over losing love...i'm still not sure if it's really worth it or not.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I voted "better to have never loved at all."

I guess love is like tobacco - once you quit it, there's always that thought that you want it. You never get over it - true love, that is.

A person who has never really loved has no concept of what he or she is missing. It means a life of lowered expectations, which has the overall positive of being content.

A person who has loved and lost may never find that again, and it's something that cannot be forced. Even happy memories can be extraordinarily painful.

Edited to add: I just read Tinkerbelle's post. She said it better than I can. Hopefully, she said it better than I will ever have to.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Thats so sad, Tink....I hope that you finally find closure. I'm sure there is another good man out there for you but if you make him measure up to your lost love, he may not even want to TRY to compete. Bless your heart. ~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Instead of loving and losing, who will make your life perfect and never-ever hurt you? The Backstreet Boys songs, and most fairytales, are about that person so expect a short waiting period during the search. ;)

Hopefully, they will like your cat also. :ph34r:

I searched all my life for the “perfect woman”, at long last I found her! Problem was that she was searching for the perfect man[:/]
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

like this weekend where I meet a chick and can't get anything but "Uhhhh.....Hi....." out of my mouth.

had that very experience myself, but somehow managed to babble my way thru it, without giving to much away..i think..... :)
there are certainly some experiences i would wipe from time if i had a choice...they make me worry to much about what might happen with someone else...and thats not fair or productive....

When we met you had no problem chatting!

True.....but I was also quickly consuming mass amounts of beer. :D When I met this one I was totally sober and it was like 1PM. I think I actually talked her up fairly well but I certainly didn't feel like it. Thank God we had something to talk about. (Military) :S Besides.......I had been talking to you forever on here so it wasn't really anything new. Never met this one before. :$

Thats so sad, Tink....I hope that you finally find closure. I'm sure there is another good man out there for you but if you make him measure up to your lost love, he may not even want to TRY to compete. Bless your heart. ~~April

I tend to go back and forth on this. I'm so glad for the happy times i've spent with past loves, but the pain when the relationship breaks up really sucks. It takes a long time to get over losing love...i'm still not sure if it's really worth it or not.

Well from aprils quote how do you know it's "the one" if you don't love 1st???

Sunny, the pain may be great but when you do find the one, t will be worth every bit of it:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Relationships can, and SHOULD be a learning experience..... To love and to lose, can only mean that next time will yield Improvement!!! :)Hell, I'm GLAD to have lost some of those I "loved" Because losing them only allowed me to be in much more satisfying relationships...
=========Shaun ==========