RkyMtnHigh

Singles: Do you have a "list"? WAY SERIOUS STUFF HERE..BRACE YOURSELF!!!!

I'm glad I found myslef a woman with low standards!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love you Remi.

Just to make sure nobody here misunderstands these posts.... I didnt mean Jess was that woman. I mean, come on, my woman may have low standards, but I sure dont!B|;):D:P
Remster

You may be able to say that it's been a healthy 3 years since being in a serious relationship of about 8-years. I'm just one of those dudes who has been to the puppet show and seen the strings. Know what I mean?

Boy, this is really a tough question but an excellent one!!!

As many of you at/close-to my age would agree that after the first time around (especially if you got started early), you begin growing more and more particular with time. I must admit, when I became single again (about two or three years ago), being selective was not a priority. Have I had some moments since then!?! With time, a healed heart comes back one inch thicker - that's all. My list seems bitchy but it is what it is...

My list:

1. Is she enjoying her life and comfortable with herself? A sign of confidence and self interest.
2. Do her values on things support mine and is she a giving person? Not just to me, but others as well. I believe that I am a generous person and have found that this is important for me to have around.
3. Does she treat me like an adult (a minor nightmare on this one)? oh my :o
4. I have an extremely busy life planned; do her plans conflict with mine?
5. Is she seemingly honest?
6. Is there evidence of emotional maturity? (most girls do not have a problem with this)
7. Physically fit? (this is just a preference thing; I believe that I am fit enough to prefer a minimum level of interest in health)
8. Confident, flirtatious, sexual, comfortable with intimacy, and playful?
9. Do they know how to clean? (i am already this way and prefer mutual respect here also)
10. Is she in debt up to her eyeballs?

I've never really thought much about the importance of dating a skydiver. I just don't consider the physical possibilties or restrictions of things. I always hoped to find someone with the desire for living life to the fullest. Someone with inner intensity. Skydiving fits well for me because of the intesity demanded by it; and my partner should easily identify with this feeling at the very least. :)

Hmm....lets see...

1) Does not drive me nuts.

2) Can put up a tent

3) Can pack a parachute (bunus points for the reserve)

4) Likes being called Pookie Bear

5) Willing to climb a mountain or 2

6) Does dishes (bonus points for being able to cook)

7) puts the toilet seat down (cat likes to drink out of it)

8) Makes girly parts tingle

That pretty much covers it. I'm not that picky. ;)
Fly it like you stole it!

4. How does he deal w/small dishonesty?

Minor dishonesty is fine

Does anyone else find this disturbing? Dishonesty is dishonesty, there isn't a grade of it, two words---Don't lie--- Period!!! Hope I didn't read into that too much. Sorry if I have offended anyone. Wait, I'm not supposed to lie, hell no, I'm not sorry, if that offended you, you are a freakin' liar!!! ;)

Yes I find it disturbing. Even so called white lies are lies. Besides if you too afraid to be truthfull over the little things, how can you be honest at crunch time?

Mine is constantly evolving...

1) Gotta be a skydiver
2) Makes me laugh and vice versa
3) Smart.
4) Doesn't mind that I hate to cook
5) Has a strong connection with his family - parents, siblings
6) Takes care of his kids if he has any - ie if he doesn't have custody he pays his child support, looks forward to visits and keeps in close contact with them - but I'd prefer that his kids be already grown or if they aren't they don't live with him full time
7) Either already has all the kids he wants or doesn't want any
8) Gotta be a good kisser
9) Lives alone and kinda likes it that way
10) Single - ie the divorce is final or he's never been married
11) Wants to get married at some point but is in no great rush to do so
12) Open and honest about his baggage
13) Has dreams and plans for his future
14) My height or taller (yeah, I know, that's superficial but I like to look up to my man ;))
15) Shares or at least tolerates my addictions
16) Shares many of my interests but has interests of his own as well
17) Doesn't have a "can't miss" TV show - I hate TV
18) Willing and able to talk about the serious stuff without changing the subject.. and willing and able to get me back on the subject when I change it
19) Loves to travel and experience new things
20) Understands that my son is always going to be one of the most important people in my life and doesn't resent the time I spend with him
21) Has a soft mustache :D

Hey Lisa, my only doubt is #14, how tall are you ??
Otherwise I'm the man :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

someone who is honest
can admit when they are wrong
has passion in life
a sense of humour
intelligence
someone i'm physically attracted to
who isn't abusive
has respect for family and culture
is faithful
has good morals
respects my passions/tastes/lifestyle/friends etc.

oh and has a million dollars :P it's funny because I have already told my parents i'm marrying a poor bum who treats me well... I always seem to be attracted to broke dorks. :).

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

You forgot :
#14: Do they have an arbitrary list they use to nitpick every aspect of our relationship?

Here is my list:

1. Am I better off *with* this person, or *without* them?

Isn't that much simpler?

haha! I like this list the best so far.

I didn't know people really sat around while single writing lists of expectations for their next relationship.... no offense, but maybe that's why you're single? Good luck finding Mr. (in your eyes) Perfect, because as far as I know there is no such thing. Try simplifying it a bit, a few qualities you look for is one thing, a comprehensive list that excludes most of the population is another. I hope this isn't taken too harshly, jmho.

Angela.

Not sure what your age is or what your relationship track record is, but after enough bad eggs, you begin to look for consistent red flags and what you want and what you don't want. I hope you never have to deal with it.
Furthermore, Bob's a friend of mine from my home dz and was just being his normal sarcastic self on that post..:D

someone who is honest
can admit when they are wrong
has passion in life
a sense of humour
intelligence
someone i'm physically attracted to
who isn't abusive
has respect for family and culture
is faithful
has good morals
respects my passions/tastes/lifestyle/friends etc.

oh and has a million dollars :P it's funny because I have already told my parents i'm marrying a poor bum who treats me well... I always seem to be attracted to broke dorks. :).

How you doin?:)

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Not sure what your age is or what your relationship track record is, but after enough bad eggs, you begin to look for consistent red flags and what you want and what you don't want. I hope you never have to deal with it.
Furthermore, Bob's a friend of mine from my home dz and was just being his normal sarcastic self on that post..:D

22, but i've been through my share of relationships, been engaged and unengaged, etc. I understand red flags, but I think that you really need to take people as individuals. Your Mr. Right might not meet all of your requirments, or even half of them. Just saying, try to keep it open:)

I could easily say I don't like it when men are into silly sci-fi movies, watch tv, keep a cluttered up house, etc... but, hell, I didn't make up a list so I ended up with a wonderful guy with those traits. But, his greatness in other areas more than makes those things easy to overlook:D

So, if he doesn't get along well with his mom, maybe she's a nutty u-know-what. If he doesn't get along with his ex-girlfriends, maybe he has a track record of picking girls that don't take breakups well. And, don't you have an addictive personality yourself? hehe. You ARE an adrenaline junkie, are you not??

I am not trying to be insulting, I am sorry if you took the post offensively. I am just saying that you can't make love fit a mold. You never know what you're gonna get, but if you keep an open mind, it may be someone you didn't expect to love on your list... maybe even a non-religious person:o!

Angela. :)

I live in such a seasonal place that I had to narrow the list down to just.....

1)Has a job
2)Has a car
3)Makes me laugh
4)Likes to travel.
5)Enjoys life and all it has to offer.

B|
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Mine is constantly evolving...

1) Gotta be a skydiver
2) Makes me laugh and vice versa
3) Smart.
4) Doesn't mind that I hate to cook
5) Has a strong connection with his family - parents, siblings
6) Takes care of his kids if he has any - ie if he doesn't have custody he pays his child support, looks forward to visits and keeps in close contact with them - but I'd prefer that his kids be already grown or if they aren't they don't live with him full time
7) Either already has all the kids he wants or doesn't want any
8) Gotta be a good kisser
9) Lives alone and kinda likes it that way
10) Single - ie the divorce is final or he's never been married
11) Wants to get married at some point but is in no great rush to do so
12) Open and honest about his baggage
13) Has dreams and plans for his future
14) My height or taller (yeah, I know, that's superficial but I like to look up to my man ;))
15) Shares or at least tolerates my addictions
16) Shares many of my interests but has interests of his own as well
17) Doesn't have a "can't miss" TV show - I hate TV
18) Willing and able to talk about the serious stuff without changing the subject.. and willing and able to get me back on the subject when I change it
19) Loves to travel and experience new things
20) Understands that my son is always going to be one of the most important people in my life and doesn't resent the time I spend with him
21) Has a soft mustache :D

Yeah I like this list...being a single mom too!! Except the moustache part, that isn't mandatory, I prefer a shadow or goatie myself!

I miss sharing the inbetween moments and kisses....my all time favourite!!!:$ Oh yes and I have a daughter not a son! :ph34r:

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

Angela, honey, lighten up a bit. You're still young and as time goes on, people evolve - and their needs/wants/desires change. People make lists - doesn't mean they stick to them. There are some things that people consider non-negotiable in their lists and others that are considered negotiable. And, no-one is looking for "Perfect" - there is no such thing, and it would totally suck to have someone who's "Perfect" in a relationship with a human (read: non-perfect).

So, if he doesn't get along well with his mom, maybe she's a nutty u-know-what. If he doesn't get along with his ex-girlfriends, maybe he has a track record of picking girls that don't take breakups well.

You're right...there's, also, the flip side of the coin - maybe he's the reason that he doesn't get along with his mom or ex-girlfriends.

Be aware...people are multi-faceted creatures and there is always 3 sides to any story - his side, her side, and the truth (which is usually a blend of both his and her sides).
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Mine are similar....
One that is a deal breaker.... if they don't love dogs....they gots to go.

I was talking to an ex (who was not a dog lover so she got the boot boot boot.....) a few months ago and she asked me how the dating scene was and I told her I had just broken with this girl. The first words out of her mouth were.... what? didnt she like your dogs.. ha