RkyMtnHigh

William Brightwell...Gold Coast

How are YOU holding up, Laurel? I know this must be terribly hard on you and exhausting. Hang in there! You and William are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

Thank you. I am fine. It is growing harder as the days pass and William is not at home, but I have to remain strong and positive for him. My hopes fluctuate, but I just tell myself that I HAVE to keep the faith. No matter what happens to him, I will be there. He is the love of my life, the most importandt aspect of my life and I love him far more than anything else. The past 8 months we have been married have been happier than I thought life could ever be and I know that we will continue that bliss when he gets better. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that he is alive. As long as I have been in this sport, I just didn't think someone could have an accident that bad and survive. I am so lucky he is with me even in his state.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Aggressive therapy can make all the difference in the world~ I've seen it first hand. You have a long and difficult road ahead of you and I pray that God will give you the strength you need. As soon as his eyes open, start talking to someone about getting him into a good rehab center (sometimes it can literally take a few weeks to get everything lined up.) Time is so precious right now, every day counts. I don't know all of the details of his injury, but if he has any damage to his brain requiring therapy, try to get him into Shepherd Center in Atlanta. You can research it for yourself at www.shepherdcenter.org, but believe me, I've already done the research when I went through a similar situation with a loved one in November 2002 ~ they are the best! I've seen miracles there and they've seen/treated skydivers and can therefore somewhat understand the passion for the sport. William should have already been assigned a case manager at the hospital who can help with getting him into a good facility.

Sending prayers and healing vibes your way for a quicker than normal, complete recovery.

Miranda

Hey sweetie - reading outloud to William will also be wonderful therapy for you. There is a powerful force behind "believing"........by reading and sharing all this love with him, I'm sure it will also continue to strengthen you.

Lots of support here for you, whenever you need it to lean on. Much love ~ D

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Day 12: William moved his left arm, right foot and is sticking his tongue out today. His breating is also MUCH better. I think he is trying to wake up. Also, he is getting surgery next week (if all goes well) to repair the torn ligament in his C1 vertabrae. This surgery is vital to prevent him from being paralyzed from the neck down. Things are looking up!
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Laurel, what awesome news. . .take heart in knowing he hears you and understands that you need him back. . .

Lovely picture of you in Parachutist my dear. . .share the article with William. . .he will love it.
FGF #6
Darcy

Laurel, I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up. Travis and I have been concerned about you and William since we heard about the accident. We'll keep the good thoughts and vibes coming your way. Take care of yourself and make sure to give William our love.
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie