RkyMtnHigh

William Brightwell...Gold Coast

Yes, Wm is walking around the house without a walker and is remembering more and more. We will be going out to the DZ this Saturday and his mom's this Sunday to get him out of the house more.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

You know what? This is an incredibly inspiring thread to read.

Thank you, Laurel, for showing what true love can do, and for William, what a true will to live will do.

Prayers for a continued speedy recovery, and lots of love to you both.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I'm so glad to hear that he's moving around. Being this far away (currently turkey)... i hate that i can't keep up to date, but... when i get back(june 30th) i'll try to give you guys a call. I hope everything keeps going well. You guys are so strong... just keep fighting... and i agree... don't forget to take a little time to yourself as well.
*hugs*
Emily

*** He's a lucky guy to have such a wonderful woman to help him through this.

That's a big 10-4! William and Laurel came by ECSC on Sunday and I finally got the opportunity to meet them. William looked really good and had a good time seeing some of his old friends. We talked about the past and the people that he knew when he was at ECSC and also introduced them to some of the newer jumpers like myself.

Though I just met her, I could tell Laurel is a very special person and her smile and great personality is having a very positive effect on William's recovery. I wish them the best and hope to one day have the opportunity to make a jump or two with them.
Keep smiling William, you've got a wonderful wife and you're doing great. :)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Speaking of getting out of the house more - Wm and I decided we needed to get away from Mobile for a little while, so we threw some items in a bag late Tuesday night and drove to Key West. We had such a blast. We spent the night in Sarasota, got a pedicure and massage in Naples, drove through the Everglades, ate lunch in South Beach, drove the A1A to Surf Side, toured through downtown Miami, ate dinner at the Fish House in Key Largo, spent the night in Key Largo, drove to Key West to the southernmost point, toured the island, ate ice cream and hung out on the beach in Bahia Honda Key, ate Cuban food in Marathon Key, drove to Tampa and spent the night with Laura White and Gweedeaux, visited the Lowry Park Zoo's manatee hospital, got fresh oranges from Indian River, and drove back to Mobile. 3-days, 3-nights and just over 2000 miles. We had a blast and Wm is more with-it than ever before. The trip did wonders for him (and me).
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

awsome to hear he is doing better.

If i ever make it down to Goldcoast I'll make it a point to try and meet you guys.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Laurel that is amazing!!!! It just makes me so happy to hear that you and William are traveling and getting out and doing so much...I can't wait to see you both when I come in town July 13...miss you both very much! Still sending lots of good thoughts and healing vibes.
:)
-Tammy, Pink Mafia Sister #190
Pink Mafia Tunnel Sister #20

William is doing remarkably well. He's been out to the drop zone several times. He's still in a neck brace and will be for another two months but he's walking without assistance and talking where you can understand him. His mental capacity is almost back to normal, which is much higher than most people. He still has difficulty remembering people's names but I have that problem and didn't have a brain injury. All in all, things are looking good.

William knows what happened to him but does not remember the accident. That's good in a way and bad in a way. I want him to remember what happens when you swoop downwind during 25 knot gusty conditions. I'm sure there will be lots of people at the DZ that will remind him. Just because we love him, of course. He seems to have gracefully accepted the possibility of never jumping again due to the extent of his injuries. That doesn't mean he will never jump again, he's simply looking at it realistically. He's already planning a career as a home builder and knowing William the way I do, I'm sure he will be successful.

William is doing remarkably well. He's been out to the drop zone several times. He's still in a neck brace and will be for another two months but he's walking without assistance and talking where you can understand him. His mental capacity is almost back to normal, which is much higher than most people. He still has difficulty remembering people's names but I have that problem and didn't have a brain injury. All in all, things are looking good.

:)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.