VisionAir

What's your wingloading?

From Crossfire 2 at 1.8+ to Sabre 1 at 1.3. I've also demo-d canopies, including PD reserves, at much higher loadings.

FWIW, my 1.8 C-fire 2 is the finest all-around canopy I've flown. It's capable of doing just about anything I ask of it exceptionally well, from cross-countries to informal CREW to swoops and accuracy in tight spots. At this point in my career, the C-fire 2 is the perfect canopy all-around.

D. James Nahikian
CHICAGO

0.06:1

Seems a little light. If you're out the door at 200 lbs, that means you're jumping a 12 sq ft parachute.

Oh, you must be using the new math

200/12 = 16.67:1

Profile says he's jumping a 189, and I'm guessing he meant 1.06 (?)

--
Hook high, flare on time

Actually, it was simply a smart ass answer.

People take things way too seriously sometimes.

If anyone really cares about wingloading they can check the Canopy and Swooping forum, this has been covered more than once.
-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

2.0 with my velocity 96 but sometimes I break out the old ve 111 and wear weights. Ive been working on that a little, testing the bigger wing, higher loading to see what results I can get. So far I get long swoops but the canopy isnt as fun, and the riser pressure can be tough if I start my turn in full flight. I wonder if anyone else has been trying this and what results they have been getting.
Ray

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Wow blast from the past....This thread is over 3 years old.
To update my original post...I've now been under a Samurai 150 for sometime and with my metabolism slowing down I'm pushing 1.7. Why downsize the canopy when you can just upsize belt notches?

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.