artistcalledian

Static line jumpers, best to ignore them?

my AFF cost me £1450 (but that included a free symbiosis jump suit, an altimeter, a helmat, a log book and some goggles

well, it wasn't exactly free... Just built into the overal cost of the course. Which explains why it seems quite expensive.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Not for you AC, but for others . . .

I'll always recommend AFF over static line training (mainly because there aren't that many around who really know how to teach a full S/L program anymore). However in these days of hand holding and over pampering beginners, there is certainly something to be said for students who have the guts and the confidence to take a solo journey to terminal velocity.

There are also a lot of neat things about S/L. One is the first time I looked down from 12.500-feet (on my 20th jump) it wasn't lost on me that I earned the right to be there . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

You know those poor people who do static line jumps?

Yeah.. i do know those.. I was one of them..

I laughed my ass off when those poor AFF people had to do their hop and pop from 3500ft and shit their pants, cause they were expecting to be under canopy for well over a 1000ft by then..

Grow up, what the hell is all this smack talking about on this website these days....

Signing off....

Grow up, what the hell is all this smack talking about on this website these days....

you want me to grow up in the bonfire section :S have you read some of the shite that gets posted in here? Is it ok to talk shite if you're well known in the bonfire section, but if a newbie comes in who we collectively don't like, we'll chastise him and cry for him to be banned?

I was kinda wondering what the hell is all this panties-in-a-wad about on this website these days. :)
'Twasn't always this reactive. I seem to recall a pervasive sense of humour four or five years ago, actually.

I was kinda wondering what the hell is all this panties-in-a-wad about on this website these days. :)

Dude that was it.. I took the wad out of my panties and it all became better :S

you want me to grow up in the bonfire section :S have you read some of the shite that gets posted in here? Is it ok to talk shite if you're well known in the bonfire section, but if a newbie comes in who we collectively don't like, we'll chastise him and cry for him to be banned?

Nope.. even well known people get banned from here.. :ph34r:

And growing up in the bonfire is impossible... I know.. don't worry..

nice you took it personal though :ph34r:

I like SL jumpers better than know it all 16 jump wonders. :P

Does the smiley make it OK mods?

Shesh. The funny thing is I bet half the folks that bash the SL system have no clue about the SL system.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I like SL jumpers better than know it all 16 jump wonders. :P

Does the smiley make it OK mods?

Shesh. The funny thing is I bet half the folks that bash the SL system have no clue about the SL system.

I like 16 jump wonders better than skygods:P

I like Ian's sense of humour, makes me giggle 90% of time. He isn't a troll, he's a wind up merchant. And drunk. A lot.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

I think the static line program is a very good program, it just focusses more on exit body position and canopy flight..

I agree.

I have absolutely no statistics, reliable information or personal knowledge to back up this claim, but that's why skydivers who learned on the dope rope make better BASE jumpers. :ph34r::ph34r:

you want me to grow up in the bonfire section have you read some of the shite that gets posted in here? Is it ok to talk shite if you're well known in the bonfire section, but if a newbie comes in who we collectively don't like, we'll chastise him and cry for him to be banned?

Oh come on, you know damn well that you post stuff that is gonna get a rise out of people, the difference with the 'regulars' is that they made the effort to make friends with people first:P.

As for the whole training method thing, well I do think that AFF is better and that some parts of S/L seem incredibly demanding at the low experience levels (DP's for instance). However I know a lot of people that are going through s/l at the moment and I have a heck of a lot of respect for the one's that are sticking it out.

So if you meant what you said in the first post, grow up! And if you didn't mean it then grow up anyway, its not big and its not clever:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You know those poor people who do static line jumps?

Yeah.. i do know those.. I was one of them..

I laughed my ass off when those poor AFF people had to do their hop and pop from 3500ft and shit their pants, cause they were expecting to be under canopy for well over a 1000ft by then..

Signing off....

I was one of them too ... 15 static line jumps later and I have switched to AFF. One thing is for sure ... my hop & pop won't scare me quite so much since I'm used to opening at 3,500. :)

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. -- Hasidic Saying

You know those poor people who do static line jumps? is it best to ignore them and pretend they don't exist? i mean come on ! who would do such a thing and show the world you can't afford AFF :o they make my eyes bleed when i have to look at them, they should be removed from my line of sight when i enter the DZ

Who thinks us real skydivers should not associate with such riff raff?

duh.. any daddys boy can go off and take an AFF course and be a skydiver in a week. SL takes dedication. I suggest the AFF students gets to work as packers for a few weeks before their course starts. Just so we know they aren't just some spoiled brats with too much money, just wanting to impress someone :P Oh, and making over 700 posts on here, instead of being out jumping.. what's THAT about?

In addition, I paid a little over $700US for all 25 jumps needed to get my licence, including gear rental and USPA membership. I bet you paid that in 3 or 4 jumps :)

700 Bucks for 25 jumps!!!:o
I'm so envious. I think I spent that much just driving to the DZ
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

You know those poor people who do static line jumps

hey, i learned by static line, never saw another person in the air untill my 19th jump..... but that was 7 years and 700 jumps ago... wana teach me somethings.... i still don't know what those hand signs are for aff......