Muenkel

Curious...What's your highest elevation?

Are there any rules and regs governing drinking at dz,s?

Rule #1: Absolutely no alcohol (or drugs...) whatsoever prior to skydiving. No exceptions.
From what I've heard, how this rule is enforced differs from DZ to DZ.
Bar personnel might refuse to serve any alcoholic beverages to anybody before the last load has gone up.
Bar personnel might refuse to serve any alcoholic beverages to any skydivers before the last load has gone up (i.e. tandem passengers and whuffos can get beer, skydivers can't).
Bar personnel might notify manifest and/or instructors when serving beer to anyone.
Although it's not too friendly for whuffos and tandem passengers, the first method is probably the easiest.
Rule #2: Always be aware of local laws and regulations.
At Perris, for example, you're not supposed to drink alcohol outside the Bombshelter and its terrace (enforcement isn't terribly strict, though).
You may need to be over 18 or 21 to be allowed alcohol.
It may be illegal to have open bottles in the car or even to have alcohol anywhere other than in the trunk.
Rule #3: Know your own limits.
If you're jumping again the next day, getting hung over isn't a good idea. Especially not for students.
European jumpers tend to have an easy time in the U.S. because our beer contains more alcohol than American beer (uh oh, I'm gonna get flamed for this :$:$:$).
Alphons
http://www.liacs.nl/~avwerven/skydive

Normal altitude for our King Air to dump us at is 14,000, what a blast. Snuck onto a high altitude flight once heading for 22,000 w/ O2 but they found out several of us were newbies so they dumped us at 15,000...weeeeeeee...better than nothin'!
ooohhhno :-)

30,100 MSL out of Mullins at WFFC 2005 (please see avatar). Billvon did one as well. B|B|B|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I don't really remember - but I've been pretty high before.:ph34r:

ok
Seriously - I think we got 22k at waller out of a casa.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I did a jump from 20500' a year and a half ago, the dz is at 1000' so it was 21500' asl, had o2 in the plane,

did an 84 second 2way freefly jump, we looked at easch other @ 10000' and bot had the same look.... shouldn't we have pulled by now?

fuck it was cool.

I have been to 16000- 17000 a number of time, gotaa olce the pt6
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix