RkyMtnHigh

What do you love about the State you live in?

California.

I like the beaches, although I'm afraid of the ocean. :S

bout it....

g

:) I love Texas!! we've got purdy flowers B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Well despite what Psipike02 has to say, Kansas is a wonderous place and to explain it here is impossible.
the sterotypes abound about the state and it's easy to do because most everyone has seen the wizard of oz and thats all anyone can come up with. it's not even thier own statement or thought, just a crutch they have to fall back on because thats all they seem to know.
Kansas is a great place and I am happy to call this state my home.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Washington is a very diverse state( actually kind of two states in one) Wet side of the mountains and dry side of the mountains.

There are ALL kinds of outdoor activities to get into.. sailing.. hiking...skiiing... fishing... hunting...backpackign.. climbing.... you name it. We also have like 9 different DZ in the state and more than half of them are now Turbine DZ.

The Seattle area is very middle of the road politically...a true Purple area... some more red some more blue

People here are fairly friendly in summer but the depression in winter gets to some people with the Perma-drizzle.....gray skies..and some get sullen.

It never really gets COLD... but it never really gets HOT... very mild year round.. at least over here on this side of the state. You can jump year round.....under the clouds.. sometimes full alti.. sometimes just hop and pops in the winter for weeks on end...but when it does clear.. its GLORIOUS.

I love the back roads, and the outdoors. There are some AWESOME places to spend the weekend with a tent. I love that you know somebody everywhere you go....and if you find that you don't, just visit a little, and you'll often find you're among friends....and you just *might* be talking to a relative....really.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I live in California and let me tell you this state is horrible. Eartquakes, landslides, fires, locusts, ok well maybe not Locusts but you get the drift. California sucks don't come here. Bad bad California. yuck, blech, terrible place, filthy oceans, smog, terrible views... The people are mean, they smell, etc...

;) bye now... :ph34r:

Georgia...it's 20 minutes from anywhere.
:D

Ok, Ok...for those not familiar with Skyride...
Georgia...Chaoskitty, Kel01, Lauralicious, Brierebecca, AnnieMae, TeamJenn1, need I go on?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It's not Florida. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I love California for the mountains, the coastline and how different it is depending on if you're in the north, central or southern part, the wide variety of available outdoor activities, the weather, the fact that even where it's flat you can still see mountains and/or hills, the people (in NorCal anyway; the only good people in SoCal are either skydivers or related to me), the deserts, the dropzones, the diversity of the population...

About the only thing I don't love about California is the high cost of living.

Oklahoma: First I like the people, very friendly, most are any way. Second is the weather. If you don't like what you have one day it will generally be different the next. We have snow in the winter, any where from 2-3 inches up to 8-9 inches. Third is scenery. In the eastern part any way. We don't have mountains but we have some very large hills covered by a lot of trees. Last is lakes. We don't have an over abundance like some states but here in the north eastern part of the state we have several large lakes.

P.S. For those of you who like Native American art there is plenty of it here.

I have to agree with you, about Oklahoma. I've had the pleasure of traveling your fair state from East to West and all in between. I would tend to agree about Eastern Oklahoma. Used to be a little cafe on the South side of Okmulgee... best fried chicken I've ever eaten!;)

Chuck

Washington: I love almost everything about it. The gray skies can get to me from time to time. As does the fact that not all of the cool people who are important to me are there.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Maryland: mmmmm crabs. nothing better than a crabfeast during the summer. i also love how we get all 4 seasons, and they really do stand out. at other points, i really dislike maryland weather because it could be any of those 4 seasons depending on what day of the week it is.

51 st state, is, the United Kingdom. B|

Ummmm....... no :|

you need some brushing up on your historical geography..

we've already got a 51st state... and it ain't no damn UK,
you brits keep your teeth where they're at.

New Jersey is absolutley the BEST place ever... shadowed by the excess of New York but humbled by the glory of it's metro-area counterparts not to mention the headquarters of american soverignty is based in close proximity (Washington D.C.). The emotion that runs through you when your away from home and you meet somebody totally randomn that happens to be from jersey cannot be matched, however I assume this is the same for any neighbor. But never the less. I love New Jersey and you should too. B|;):P:)

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"