AggieDave

How long is your work day?

Not the amount of time including commute, getting ready, etc. How many hours do you typically work during a work day? How much overtime do you typically work. Not just overtime pay, but off the clock overtime as well.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Are we counting all time spent at work, or only time spent actually working?

:P

Just the time spent at work...I can watch all of the post whores...just can't post. Thanks all for making my days more interesting and fun :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

7.2 hours (36Hr/wk) - that's all they pay for, so that's all they get.
They like to do a guilt trip on you but it doesn't work on me these days (since they started outsourcing).
They like to expect us to be flexible... but it [mostly]only runs one way.
If someone came into one of our stores and expected more of a product for the same price, they wouldn't get it so why would the company expect us to give our time away?

I work to live ... not live to work!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, or at least that's what it says on my contract. Typically i do't get out of here before 6.30pm and have to work at least one weekend a month. We also don't get overtime pay. Oh the joys of advertising. [:/]

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

12 hour shifts 4days on,4 off, 4 nights 4 off. I have been doing these shift patterns 0ff 4 on/off at differant places with variations over the last 16 years.

can't say it bothers me but i know a lot off youngsters can't handle that shift pattern as you spend about 3-4 weekends working which cuts into younger peoples party time :|

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Completely depends on need...anywhere from 8-12 hour days.

However that should be stabilizing next week to 8 hour days :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

My day starts at 6:15, get to my actual job at 8, leave between 4:30 and 5, go home to start job two, taking care of 4 kids, and 2 horses, house cleaning, and laundry.... I usually make it to bed well after 9pm....

so over 12 hours...

my day job is the easy part.....:|

Depends.... It's supposed to be 8 hours, however I have a peaks and valleys with the amount of work I have - month/quarter end are hellish, typically 12-13 hour days.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?