vtskydivescott

Wheres all the "Big" jumpers

:P
Hey all, I want to know where all the big people go to jump. I weigh around 220 and almost everyone I jump with is about half my size which makes it a little hard to do RW's. We can make it work by me cupping air and others sometimes using weight vests but what a pain. Don't get me wrong, I have been busting my ass on losing weight (30lbs so far) but I doubt if I will ever be under 200lbs. Sometimes feels like a lot of pressure is put on you for being a big person, is this the overall concensus or should it really matter! Anyway....I am glad to be in the air any possible moment I get. Stay safe everyone and Blue Skies!!

Anvils are around... you just gotta find us.
I'm about 215 out the door with gear, camera, etc.... I fall very fast on my belly!!! Come to Florida, stay for the FAST skydives!!!!
Remember, Friends don't let Friends go low... Fall Faster!
I'm gonna make a t-shirt like that!!!!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

I was 125 when I started skydiving and it seemed like everyone I jumped with back then was 200+++. I learned to stick my shoes to the back of my helmet and go for it. after awhile I was leaving a dc-3 last on bigways and making my slot easily:)
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

220?

Lightweight!

We got several 240+ jumpers at Kapowsin in WA. Hop on our Twin Otter with those boys and you'll be docking late. I'm 220 out the door and they call me floaty.

GAWD I love jumping with Harry and Gus and Little John... I actually have to arch a bit;)

Yessirreee jumping with Team Slot Perfect is good stuff..... any lost you can get to is just perfect.

Your size isn't a factor. Big jumpers just need to buy big jumpsuits. I am 220 but I can exit as rear rear float or diver or base.. whatever I want to do because I have a large jumpsuit. It doesn't look pretty but I am never the one going low.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

it could be that your home DZ just has a slow fall rate, Skydive Chicago goes fast

we have some big boys here at Skydive Carolina, and some little people that can have no problem staying down

another suggestion is to belly fly with the sit fliers, they love the novelity, with a slick suit I can go 150 mph
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Im going through aff now...but i know i can jump with you for the simple fact that on my level 2 i fell faster than my instructors(which is why my level 2 i was alone in freefall..lol) and my level three..the dzo was my main instructor and he actually told me to relax my arch because i fall too fast. the level 2...the reserve inst said his alti recorded him falling at i think it was like 140...and they couldnt catch me. When i get off student status we'll have to jump...see who can fall faster in the b.t.e. position...lol. loser buys beer B|
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

I'm in Missoula, MT this weekend, where I think the *average* is around 230. I'm somewhat of an anvil, and these guys make me look like a super floater. :S:D

Blues,
Dave

Yep my jumpsuit fits me like paint and I still have to think about going fast fast fast.

Not only is every one big but also quite tall..........come to think of it we need a bigger plane:D
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

I've got a buddy in Maryland that prints t-shirts in his basement. I could probably get a good deal on some nice shirts. How about "THE ANVIL CLUB MOTTO: FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS GO LOW.....FALL FASTER". I'll call him and get a price. Would anyone be interested?

EDIT: Didn't realize there is really a club and they have t-shirts.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

Do any of you big guys have a spare suit for a 5'8” 225# member of Brotherhood of the Anvil?
I had a guy follow me out yesterday and couldn't catch me and said “man you fall like a safe” I'm otd at 255 and just getting to where I want to start to play well with others. Any advice is welcome!

PS put me down for a shirt
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

when I was jumping it got to the point where everyone was freeflying while I tried and or I just flew on my belly, they would be sittin or Hd right by me, hah the good ol'e days, you know what really sucked even the RW people at my DZ were hard to fly with, clicky bastards (relax it's a joke) I still looked up to them, from the ground.lol

I'll be back,

so if I put on 6 kilos of lead and have my toes up my butt curl into a ball I may have half a chance of catching you lol
You need a baggy suit.
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Anvils are around... you just gotta find us.
I'm about 215 out the door with gear, camera, etc....

Dude, your an ANVIL??? HAHAHA NOT!!! You sound like the average jumper...I'm 215 w/out gear....does that qualify me for anvil status?

I've never had a problem staying w/the lightweight (like yourself j/k)....get the right RW suit!!!

Well, I'm about 210 geared-up, and my AFFI's had to really book to stay with me. Jumping jeans and a t-shirt, I fall around 140-150 on my belly without really trying to go fast. A jumpsuit tones that down quite a bit, tho my fall-rate's still a bit brisk.

I'm definitely larger than your average bear, mostly in height (6'3", I'm a skinny mo fo). If I qualify for anvil status, it's not by much :P.