Misslmperfect

American Idol

I apologize for the sidebar, but what's up with Clay Aiken's new do?:| This pic popped up on my Yahoo news as his extreme makeover. :o It's extremely ICKY!:D

If you hadn't already said that was Clay Aiken, I would have mostly definitly thought that was a chic, an ugly chic, but a chic none the less...:D

I apologize for the sidebar, but what's up with Clay Aiken's new do?:| This pic popped up on my Yahoo news as his extreme makeover. :o It's extremely ICKY!:D

If you hadn't already said that was Clay Aiken, I would have mostly definitly thought that was a chic, an ugly chic, but a chic none the less...:D

Thanks for saying that outloud. My thoughts exactly. He's lookin' a bit more feminine as time goes on.:D

He has ALWAYS looked feminine but at least he doesn't apologize for who he is or try to be anything different. (And like Ricky Martin, he tries really hard to dodge the whole sexual orientation question gracefully.)

I'm not a fan of the kind of pop music he does, but he has a great voice for it.

He has the longer hair for the part he's playing in "Spamelot" on Broadway.

He has the longer hair for the part he's playing in "Spamelot" on Broadway.
I was going to say that... the "do" is for his part in the musical...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Bump....From what people who saw last night's show tell me, tonight should be goodbye for Syesha....the judges making their preference known in their comments.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

My Opinion:
They threw her under the Bus. They want David vs David Final and even though David A pretty much SUCKED last night, They praised him and bashed Syesha and also gave her that Horrible song to do at the end.

My Run Down:
First Round: Judges Pick a song for them.
David A - Paula picks a Billy Joel tune for him, He does alright with it. He is a one trick pony but he does his trick well.

Syesha: Randy picks Alicia Keys song for her. She does it well. Looking great. Then Randy basically bashes his own song choice.

David C - Simon picks "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" for him. He Knocks it out of the park. Sings it to/for his mother and shows why there is no question he should win.

Second Round: Idols pick a song. Any song.
David A picks some hip/hop song. Biggest disaster since Dread Boy Shot the Tambourine man. Middle Class suburban white kind from UTAH got no business EVER talking about his "Boo" on stage unless he is referring to Boo Boo the bear. He sucked.. Bad Sucked.. But the Judges still praise him for some dumb ass reason. (Simon atleast mentions something about a Chiwawa trying to be a Tiger or some non-sense)

Now to my favorite of the night. Syesha doing Peggy Lee`s Fever. The Girl flat out nailed it. She put on a show and lets just say there was more then just two thumbs up when she was done. (Did I mention I starting to get a crush on this girl?)

David C - Switchfoot - "Dare to Move". Not his best but still good. It was rushed as the judges said.

Final Song: Producers pick a song. Here is where they make it crystal clear who they want in the final two.

David A: Dan Fogelburg "Longer". Why would they pick that?? Because they knew David A needed some of the older crowds votes. He does it ok but as usual, No spark, Sounded just like everything else he has ever done. The Judges praise him as always.

Syesha - I wonder if she ever even saw the Bus? The Bus was a song called Hit me up from the cartoon happyfeet. A very difficult, up tempo song that not right for her in every way imaginable. She got through it ok but she never had a chance with that song.

David C – Areosmiths “I Don't Want to Miss a Thing”. He nailed it. The guy will make hits. He has it all right now. No question he should win in my mind. I just wish Syesha would have gotton a fair shake last night.

I would love to see David C vs Syesha in the final but it just will not happen. Syesha will hopefully go on to broadway and live out her dream (After of course coming Atlanta and making a few Jumps at Skydive the Farm and falling madly in lust that really cool guy that makes the jello shots there, using him for just his body till he gets bored with her and then she goes back to new york) Hey.. If she gets her dream, I get mine!!:P.

Well I would have to say that I agreed with Thanatos on this one again. I thought Syesha was fantastic and last night, she was my favorite hands down. I would have put her and David Cook in the final round. I did think that David Archuletta did a great job with the Billy Joel song and I do like Longer by Dan Fogelberg, but I did think that Longer was quite a strange choice for him. He does have a good voice but I would not have been able to tell Syesha to go home. David Cook was good but I thought a lot of his voice was off key. Granted he does have talent and he is a Missouri boy so I kind of have to give it up for him but I thought Syesha even gave him a run for his money last night.

Anyhow, next week will be interesting but I have a feeling David Cook will go home as the new Idol.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Fantasia's performance tonight....WTF was that? I didn't understand a word she sang. Simon's face was priceless.........

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/jerock/CELEBRITIES/simon.gif

Yes, Syesha was thrown under the bus, just as Jason Castro was. No, he couldn't have won. Other than David Cook, Jason was my next favorite. I intend on following both of their careers.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Fantasia's performance tonight....WTF was that? I didn't understand a word she sang. Simon's face was priceless.........

Yes, Syesha was thrown under the bus, just as Jason Castro was. No, he couldn't have won. Other than David Cook, Jason was my next favorite. I intend on following both of their careers.

Simon's face -was- priceless when Fantasia sang. I think she did that kind of song as an 'in your face' kind of thing. She's a star, successful and sought after and they're still sitting there in their little judge's chairs year after year after year....:D I, too, was rather taken back by her selection, but it's her very out there look that got me more.

As to David^2 who'll be in the finals next week...If you followed last year's final 3 you'll find that the one who didn't have the HUGE crowds welcoming her home was the one who was voted off. Same with Syesha. She didn't have the humongous crowd at home, and thus you already knew she didn't have the number of votes that the other 2 did. I loved her performances the last 4 weeks. It just didn't have the mass hysteria that they other 2 have generated.

My hope is for David Cook to take it all. He seems like the genuine article with a style that isn't a one-beat drummer.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

She's a star, successful and sought after and they're still sitting there in their little judge's chairs year after year after year....:D
ltdiver

And you don't think that Simon and Paula ( i dont know shit about the other guy) are in demand?:ph34r::ph34r: they are hardly just judges sitting there year after year:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Randy is the only one of the three that was at one point respected within the music community. Although he's pretty much traded in that respect for a solid gig with a large pay check. Don't say that Paula was respected with in the music community. She wasn't, never was, never will. Respect doesn't come with record sells.

Eitherway I'm still watching the show this year. A lot of people could see the D v. D final coming for a long time now, at least the other folks who have been tossed off the train will probably have some solid careers with out the bullshit of having to deal with the AI contracts for being a winner.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Jason threw himself under the bus by choice, he was SO HAPPY to be out of there.
And seriously, Fantasia scared the shit out of me, I had to mute it and walk away. I missed simons face, thats priceless!

I like to read Thanatos' reviews, but I see, like most everyone else, someone that's voting more on the type of music they favor rather than the pure talent of the contestants.

objectively (and I, normally, like Cook's favored style of music over the other 2) - all 3 of the last few are very good at their styles of singing. David A has a pretty narrow area of expertise, but he's young. David Cook a little more range in styles he can presetnt. Syesha will be able to do ANY style before the next 5 years is up unless she gets pigeon-holed.

I thought Syesha is the hands-down best 'performer'. Also the best to look at and with the best vocals abilities also by far. She has an issue getting comfortable in certain genres as noted by the producers' pick (agreed, it was a big bus - you could tell she hated the song and just got through it and was glad to be finished). But she's expanding.

Cook - I was bored with him. The judges song pick...I'm certain Simon was hoping he'd do SOMETHING with it like he did with the Michael Jackson song (he peaked with Billy Jean). He didn't, he sang it straight - had he rearranged it and made it his, he'd have completely blown the others out of the water. He'll sell to the late 20 and 30 something crowd, but he just another in a big list of singers in this crowd that likes raspy rockers. He can do a lot in other styles (Phantom of the Opera was really good), but we won't see that. He had brief moments in each performance where he did something good. (What's with the violin beat in the Aerosmith song? I hated that, very uncomfortable. 1stTimeEverYSMF? - bored, except for a 5 second bit in the middle where he cranked his voice into his 'mode' - goosebumps. then it went away and boring again)

David A - he's an analogy of Cook. He's an excellent and well trained singer, not much of a performer, and, unfortunately, the songs he wishes he could do, he's not so comfortable with. He'll do really well with the right representation. I still listen to him and think "young Donny Osmond" :D he should do movie theme tracks, in addition to performing for the money crowd (teenage girls buy music).

The David's will do very well in their 'niches', but not much else. But VERY well.

Syesha could do well in ANY venue, she's been growing every week.

The thing I saw was that each choked on a song. But only the kid choked on the song he picked for himself. The other 2 tanked on something picked for them.

Syesha was set up, and failed to turn it to her favor
Cook was thrown a softball, and didn't catch it
D.A. submarined himself - at it was funny

what were the results?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I litterally wanted to claw my eyes out while watching David A's homecoming. I seriously cant stand him, cant stand the way he looks, talks or sings. I swear if he would have said "gosh" one more time last night, I think I would have puked. The other two's homecoming's brought tears to my eyes. David A has been so sheltered by his "stage" dad that he has no clue about the real world. The other two definitly know. It is a shame that Syesha got voted off, but at least she will get a signing from someone since she made it to the top 3.

He'll grow up. Hopefully his talent grows with him.

I don't think there can be enough clean cut kids in the public eye. So if I hear some kid say "gosh" I'm actually happy about it. What's the point of having another doped out, spoiled, swearing world weary mid teenager in front of kids teaching them the same crap? So (his public face) doesn't bother me too much.

I don't watch the other weekly show. Is that where they did homecomings?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

He'll grow up. Hopefully his talent grows with him.

I don't think there can be enough clean cut kids in the public eye. So if I hear some kid say "gosh" I'm actually happy about it. What's the point of having another doped out, spoiled, swearing world weary mid teenager in front of kids teaching them the same crap? So (his public face) doesn't bother me too much.

I don't watch the other weekly show. Is that where they did homecomings?

I didnt mean the "gosh" got too me as far as the word goes, I agree 200% with you that there should be more clean-cut kids without a potty mouth in the world today, its just the "way" he said it. He sounded a dumb fat kid, thats the best way I can desribe why it drove me up a wall. He just speaks and acts so unintelligently. One of my biggest pet peeves in life is a lack of common sense. And something tells me that he has been so sheltered that he does not have much if any common sense. And he always has his eyes half closed, I just want choke him and tell him to open his damn eyes...

I'll take your word for it. I don't listen to the interviews, though I do stare rabidy at the TV when Syesha is standing there. I listen to the songs, though, and sometimes watch what they are doing during the performance. I don't even pay much attention to the critiques. But, I've gone from avoiding this show like the plague to having it in the background. I'm a bit ashamed of it, but likely I'll do the same at the tail end of any future seasons (I hate the initial stuff - I think the final 5 or 6 will typ be worth having on.)

Yeah, my face resembled that of Simon's when I was watching that, it was like a train wreck mixture of Pink & Gwen Steffani... I like both Pink & Gewn S. but whatever that was that Fantasia was doing, was totally appalling at best...:S

I don't think Simon's face was in reponse to the song. I think it was in response to the backup singer whose ass was hanging below the hemline of her dress.

For you viewing pleasure here she is again! Fantasia and her song "Bore Me"! LYRICS to follow along>

Actually, after getting over the shock of the type of performance she chose to give, I'm quite impressed with the choreography and stamina that piece had. I gotta give it to her, she's quite talented.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I'm fast forwarding to the finale.

David Cook deserves the win but I think he is better off not winning. By not winning, he can pull a Daughtry without AI's hand in the pot.

David A. needs the win. He's only in 11th grade and he needs the benefits the title and AI can provide (writers, producers, etc.).