3fLiEr

Michel Fournier - 130,000ft

have read the same book and actually know the guy that wrote it. its a true story and the guy still jumps. good bloke and he has some amazing stories. he also has the greatest respect for kittinger and thats coming from a guy who has done/comr through some amazing stuff in his life both forces, skydiving and personally.
that is one cool dude.

Do we think he'll actually lift off this time? :S

I guess this question has been answered. :D

Blues,
Dave

LOL

It was actually a test flight to see if the baloon works . . . Evidently it does.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

more than likely improbable, it would be much cooler if he wingsuited the farthest around the world. how long would that flight translate into if under wingsuit?

Not as far as you'd think.

The first half or so of decent would have a pretty weak glide ratio (almost none). There just isn't all that much air to push against and he'd get nearly the same distance if he'd simply jumpped from 30,000 ft.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

This is one of those records that I think can and will be broken. After all the setbacks Fournier has had, I hope he does it.

Landing a wingsuit - no
this one - yes

I have a photo of myself and Kittinger somewhere - he is a decent guy, and he will be the first to say that he never set his record with the intent to set a record.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Apparently he's sank 20 million into this project already. Hell, give me 20 million and I'll do it and have some change left over for me stuff.

This guy just seems to have a lot of setbacks, from the wind shredding his balloon to it lifting off withou him today (:$). Maybe he's just not meant to do this.....

Best of luck to him!

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Apparently he's sank 20 million into this project already. Hell, give me 20 million and I'll do it and have some change left over for me stuff.

This guy just seems to have a lot of setbacks, from the wind shredding his balloon to it lifting off withou him today (:$). Maybe he's just not meant to do this.....

Best of luck to him!

I was going to say the same thing. There's one of two possibilities really. First is that these are signs, and hopefully he can read them. The other possibility is third time's a charm, but strangely enough I get the feeling this wasn't as well thought out as the gentleman first thought it was.:S
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Zee balloon, zee balloon! Merde!>:(

ROFL! :D:SB|

I really feel sorry for the guy. He's tried so hard for years to make the jump, and now this happens. [:/]

Well, bad publicty is better than none. I've never seen Michel get so much coverage as with this attempt. Maybe it'll get him more money so that he can try again this year.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I watched the news conference yesterday late in the day explaining (or trying to) what went wrong. I may have missed it but what is the reason his window of opportunity is now gone for 3 months or so? Is it just weather patterns that are going to become more unfavorable?

I really hope he gets to make his attempt....he has tried so hard.