brianfry713

Weekend Numbers: Nov. 8-9

Humps: Jumps: Beer Owed

:)
Three fun freefly jumps in Byron on Saturday. I also went to AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) Expo in San Jose Thursday through Saturday. Lots of fun gadgets and cool airplanes, not enough money. I've also been having lots of fun flying my Cessna 182 around through the clouds after getting my instrument rating in June when clouds were harder to find.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

:( : 2 : :D

Hours of classroom time and 2 eval jumps at coach course. :D for the rating.

Thanks to Jen Sharp for the course and all of the gang at SD Kansas; evaluators, actual students, and the youngest golf cart driver in the state.

Great course, great people, great weekend.:)
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

4 days in the south west forests at a Blues music festival Friday night to sunday night, about 60 artists, a stack of venues, street party.:)No jumps

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:( : 2 : :D

Hours of classroom time and 2 eval jumps at coach course. :D for the rating.

Thanks to Jen Sharp for the course and all of the gang at SD Kansas; evaluators, actual students, and the youngest golf cart driver in the state.

Great course, great people, great weekend.:)

:(: Although I did get to sleep next to Buff on the floor.

1: Time for more but missed my dogs after sitting through the course for recurrency.

0: But I think I already called Buff on his.:)
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

1.75:6:0

The .75 is for almost getting "there" but then was interrupted by a phone call from the DZ saying they were opening early..."Sorry baby I've got to run." She was cool about it what a great SO

4 Tandems
1 Coach Eval jump
1 2 way fun jump

Congrats to Buff, Dan and Toby Maguire

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

:$:$:$:6:0

and 20 minutes of tunnel time.:)
played in elsinore this week....came home to cold weather and gas at 1.99$ a gallon. I am still trying to figure out why I don't live somewhere warmer:S:S:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

B| : 5 : 91

one sit with a guy where i almost got in to dock. i think i have to figure out stopping earlier.. :P

then 2 solos just fucking around with myself, bit of sit-transitions, bit of head-down, some tracking..

2 jumps with a prodigy after a year lay-off, on the second jump i've had a protrack with me that said i had a 91 seconds flight and an average fallrate on the second half of the jump of 75 mph.. and i know i've covered a lot of distance too.. :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

:) : 3 : 2

Took Brian's canopy course at Teuge. It was awesome and I learned a lot, but I got to make only three jups because I scratched myself off two loads due to high winds.
"This is where the upjumper sits down to watch the experienced guys get even more experienced":P

:D
1 for making my best landing ever
[brag]1 because I was awarded the "encouragement prize" at my home DZ [/brag]. Beer paid by proxy as I was off to another DZ attending the course.. :$
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I don't post on this topic much, but....

:)
Last weekend of honey being home until six months from now, so I'll let your imagination run wild for me! >:(

Honey and I got to go up alone in the Cessna together. No, we didn't have sex. (darn it) Got about 11,200. Solo freefalls and not so pretty landings, but we have cute matching scrapes on our left elbows! :$

I'll end up taking beer out to the dz just because I want to get rid of it. Not because I owe! B|

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

OK, since I didn't get any jumps last weekend, I'm posting for yesterday's action:

;););): 2 : :D:D

Yummy time with the new dude. B|

2 coach jumps that taught me so much!

Beer owed for my 1st stand up landing and my 1st time out of a Cessna 182. It was awesome!!! :)
Looks like this weekend's weather in southern New Jersey is calling for lots of rain Saturday, so it looks like Sunday will be my next DZ day. Woohoo!

Always be kinder than you feel.