Southern_Man

Post-nuptial shut-off

I wasn't a stay-at-home wife ... I was bringing home six figures and building a career, so I felt it was unfair that I was doing everything and he did nothing.

Damn, I could certainly have been a great Mr. Mom in that kind of relationship. :D

"What time you want dinner on the table, Honey?"

Sure as hell wouldn't make me insecure, just well kept.:D

LOL ... funny man ... I bet humor is partly to be credited for your long lasting mariage. Good for you ... (and good for her too). You both have my admiration.

O

..., so you are picking on me :)
O

Get over yourself. You take a comment too seriously/personal.

Aren't you a sweetie :)
O

Just returning your emotion. I simply asked a question gave an observation and you got upset. I wasn't picking on you. get over it.
My photos

My Videos

Holding on to a resntment is like holding a hot coal and hoping the other person gets burned

Oh I like that!

Wendy P.

Thanks. Although it isn't original. I think it was NWFlyer's (Krisanne) sigline a while back, but I could be mistaken.

I've also heard a very similar one: "Carrying a resentment is like drinking poison and hoping the other person gets sick"

And Happythoughts: Yes, I know. Having high expectations of how a person will treat me can be counterproductive. But it isn't necessarily about how they treat me.

How they treat their family, friends and even strangers can be very telling.
I heard a long time ago to judge someone not how they treat their equals or superiors, but how they treat those under them.
If they treat a waiter like crap because he (or she) is "just hired help", that's a really bad sign.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

..., so you are picking on me :)
O

Get over yourself. You take a comment too seriously/personal.

Aren't you a sweetie :)
O

Just returning your emotion. I simply asked a question gave an observation and you got upset. I wasn't picking on you. get over it.

You two should just get a room and get it over with. :P

I heard a long time ago to judge someone not how they treat their equals or superiors, but how they treat those under them.
If they treat a waiter like crap because he (or she) is "just hired help", that's a really bad sign.

It is actually quite helpful. It is a sign of how a person
treats other people when they do not have to be nice.

Everyone can be polite to their boss at work, or some other authority figure.

How they treat others when they do not have to,
that is a sign of their true character.

Hey you -- boy! Quit posting and get me another gimlet, and make it snappy
:P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey you -- boy! Quit posting and get me another gimlet, and make it snappy
:P

Wendy P.

"... or it's the riding crop!"
:D

The correct response is "Yes Mistress.":|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I wasn't a stay-at-home wife ... I was bringing home six figures and building a career, so I felt it was unfair that I was doing everything and he did nothing.

Damn, I could certainly have been a great Mr. Mom in that kind of relationship. :D

"What time you want dinner on the table, Honey?"

Sure as hell wouldn't make me insecure, just well kept.:D

it turns out that situation works great for us. i basically work part time, and for my wife...and i am then able to all work around the house, remodeling, fixing the cars, anything we would pay someone else to do...turns out that add it all up and it comes to a pretty good paycheck, that would have gone to someone else. not sure why more couples don't do this, the woman works for a paycheck and the man uses all of his natural fix-it skills to keep everything running perfectly. we find it actually functions better this way.:)

Unless youre of the state of mind that masturbating is cheating (yes, we were actually told that during our premarital counseling...).

If you don't mind my asking, what type of counselor told you that? By any chance were you told that during church-based "premarital counseling"? Or was it from a professional counselor unconnected to any church or religious organization?

Yes, Catholic based, as someone guessed earlier in the thread. He is Catholic, but neither of us believe that...

And to Bolas and theonlyski... Skype will be our friend doing those long deployments :P

Masturbation = cheating ... I don't even know what to say to that :S:S:S!!!

O

Say yes and get yourself some SANCHO Baby!:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Unless youre of the state of mind that masturbating is cheating (yes, we were actually told that during our premarital counseling...).

If you don't mind my asking, what type of counselor told you that? By any chance were you told that during church-based "premarital counseling"? Or was it from a professional counselor unconnected to any church or religious organization?

Yes, Catholic based, as someone guessed earlier in the thread. He is Catholic, but neither of us believe that...

And to Bolas and theonlyski... Skype will be our friend doing those long deployments :P

lol, isn't that cheating though? Or did they say that you can't do it without the other person knowing?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

When we had to go through Pre Cana in 2000, I was so scared my priest would find out we moved into together before our wedding date. I was 32 years old at the time and my hands would shake when we would talk to the priest.

I remember having "the story" worked out with my ex-husband that I was living with my Aunt Linda, who was the Matron of Honor, and even changed my address to her house with the Parish Office.

I was so afraid I wouldn't be allowed to get married in my church if they found out we were "living in sin". LOL...

The first night of Pre Cana we walked in and there was 2 couples with the women obviously very pregnant, like at least 6 months pregnant. I had no idea if you were already pregnant you could still get married in a wedding Mass. Shows how much I know...

The Natural Family Planning speakers were a real hoot, too. :o
Always be kinder than you feel.

When we had to go through Pre Cana in 2000, I was so scared my priest would find out we moved into together before our wedding date. I was 32 years old at the time and my hands would shake when we would talk to the priest.

I remember having "the story" worked out with my ex-husband that I was living with my Aunt Linda, who was the Matron of Honor, and even changed my address to her house with the Parish Office.

I was so afraid I wouldn't be allowed to get married in my church if they found out we were "living in sin". LOL...

The first night of Pre Cana we walked in and there was 2 couples with the women obviously very pregnant, like at least 6 months pregnant. I had no idea if you were already pregnant you could still get married in a wedding Mass. Shows how much I know...

The Natural Family Planning speakers were a real hoot, too. :o

all of that is one reason we got married in a skyvan. :P

Yes, Catholic based,

I figured that was the case: "Pre-cana", which for the uninitiated, is a mandatory pre-marital counseling session, to permit a marriage to be sanctified by the Catholic church, conducted by ... a priest. You know, the clergyMAN who is not and never will be married, is presumably (probably? ostensibly?) a virgin, and has taken a vow of lifetime celibacy.

My wife was raised Catholic, so for reasons mainly of family politics, she and I attended a pre-cana mediated by a priest. He was a nice guy and all; he did his best, and did have some interesting things to say, but when it came to expressing his opinion on marital relationships, he didn't have a freakin' clue because he simply was not qualified to know what the heck he was talking about. A big, fat waste of time. If they want people to know the official Catholic stance on marital issues (like: condoms will send you to hell), they can hand out a pamphlet.

Whatever happened to Bacchus, the Roman god of
wine and partying ?

When did he ever go out of fashion ?

Seems like the new ones are illogical, guilt-ridden, and boring.

We need a new one for "have fun, use protection, be kind".
Driving people to make non-sensical decisions isn't helping the birth rate or the divorce rate.
:)

I was so scared my priest would find out we moved in together before our wedding date. I was 32 years old at the time and my hands would shake when we would talk to the priest.

You shameless hussy, you . . you . . . painted woman!:o

Funny how that church is run by a bunch of people calling each other Mother and Father when they never will be. :P

And they wonder how I became so secular. :D

I was so scared my priest would find out we moved in together before our wedding date. I was 32 years old at the time and my hands would shake when we would talk to the priest.

You shameless hussy, you . . you . . . painted woman!:o

Funny how that church is run by a bunch of people calling each other Mother and Father when they never will be. :P

And they wonder how I became so secular. :D

:oA :o