SkydiveJack

The 33 Miners in Chile are starting to come up!

Live feed here.

http://www.inquisitr.com/87336/live-watch-the-rescue-of-the-trapped-chilean-miners/

Ive been watching this since they tested the pod down the shaft.
The little boy whos the son of the first rescued has made my day today. He looked so happy waiting for his father to emerge from the shaft and when he did he, the boy burst out crying ...... Made me shed a tear too.

68 days eh? Long time to be underground.

I was half expecting David Blaine to come out first or one of those demons from Descent.

www.myspace.com/durtymac

It's fantastic that they are getting them up far in advance of the initial estimates. Let's keep our finger crossed that everything keeps working properly until the miners and rescuers are all up.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

It's fantastic that they are getting them up far in advance of the initial estimates. Let's keep our finger crossed that everything keeps working properly until the miners and rescuers are all up.

Only 32 are wanting to come topside - there is one guy that said he'd stay and clean up after everyone.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

He is probably the one that had the wife AND a girlfriend come forward to await his rescue;)

Wow - I am so claustrophobic I would freak in that container.

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

That would be Luiz Urzua, according to this morning's paper; he's the foreman. Apparently he's also credited in part with their still being alive; they made 48 hours worth of food (maybe for a larger crew) last 17 days. Had they just started eating, they'd've died.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My first words would be "Where's my overtime check?";)

I might have a problem. My first thought would be, if I’m out of the mine it must be quitin time. Where’s my beer? But I can see your point. I’d like the check so I can buy everybody a round.

:)

Unfortunately I remember hearing somewhere that with the mine being inoperable for so long the company was going bankrupt and wasn't going to be able to pay the miners their regular wages for the time they were down there. So not only were they stuck in unimaginable conditions for so long but they weren't even getting paid for it. [:/]

Unfortunately I remember hearing somewhere that with the mine being inoperable for so long the company was going bankrupt and wasn't going to be able to pay the miners their regular wages for the time they were down there. So not only were they stuck in unimaginable conditions for so long but they weren't even getting paid for it. [:/]

I think they will all make a bit of money for public appearances and such in the next few months. I’m sure there will be book deals and I bet you that the movie script is almost finished. Their lives will never be the same.

But basically, they are alive, and that is worth more than any paycheck.

I was talking with friends about that yesterday-I'm uncomfortable getting an MRI-I'd want to be sedated before I got in that tube.

Lets be real, Shane, they would have needed a MUCH bigger drill bit.:|

:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I was talking with friends about that yesterday-I'm uncomfortable getting an MRI-I'd want to be sedated before I got in that tube.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/imagenes_sociopol/underground01d_02.jpg

. . . [:/]

Almost . . .[:/]

I heard on the news on my way home tonight that they're all getting paid for life. Not sure where the money is coming from, or how much the payout is, but that's what one of my radio news stations reported today.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

He is probably the one that had the wife AND a girlfriend come forward to await his rescue;)

Thatll be Yonni Barros.

http://www.thedailyaffair.com/?tag=yonni-barrios

He invited both wife and mistress to the rescue.
Only the mistress showed up: http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/chilean-miner-yonni-barrios-emerges-to-tangled-love-life/19672990
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Thatll be Yonni Barros.

http://www.thedailyaffair.com/?tag=yonni-barrios

He invited both wife and mistress to the rescue.
Only the mistress showed up: http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/chilean-miner-yonni-barrios-emerges-to-tangled-love-life/19672990

Gentlemen! To our wives and sweethearts, may they never meet!

Glad to see the rescue is going well. 30 out as I type this.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Let's be real...if Shane were down there, they would be only rescuing him.

He'd have eaten everyone else by day 3

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~