banesanura

SLUTWALK

Idea is solid, name is garbage.

I think the name was entirely appropriate for the initial event that came in reaction to the Toronto police comment since he's the one who used the "slut" comment.

As a general, North american wide movement, who knows....

Agreed. Name for the original event in Toronto was legit. Name for subsequent events in North America = Error 404: Sense not found

OK, true story:
A few years ago, I was at the gas station and there was an old, red-neck cracker at the pump next to me. An MGB with a young couple pulled in. The girl was wearing a bikini. The old cracker looked over and said, just loud enough for me to hear him, "And they wonder why they get raped."
I said, "Are you going to rape somebody?"
Him: "No, not me, but some people do".
Me: "Some people rape old ladies."
Him: "Well, they shouldn't dress like that."
Me: "Well, I think you're wrong."
Him: "Hmmph".

So strut your stuff, you sluts.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Well there goes my plan to dress like a slut and have a few hot women drag me into a trailer and have sex with me for days.

I see nothing wrong with this plan - as long as everyone involved is a consenting adult :P

PS: Take pictures and post please :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

>A SLUTWALK is doing what to reduce the number of victims?

It makes it clear that dressing a certain way is both acceptable and not a license to assault someone.

Oh well, when you put it like that... I'm sure that many predators will realize the error of their ways and quickly seek some sensitivity training.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It makes it clear that dressing a certain way is both acceptable and not a license to assault someone.

Oh well, when you put it like that... I'm sure that many predators will realize the error of their ways and quickly seek some sensitivity training.

I don't get the impression that it is aimed at rapists. It appears to be aimed at people who would blame the victims for being raped.

I don't get the impression that it is aimed at rapists. It appears to be aimed at people who would blame the victims for being raped.

I get that. Thank you. (not sarcasm). But, for the clarity of explanation. I still cognitively don't get it, because that just seems to be the opposite on the spectrum of silliness to me. I had to sit here and stare at your words for awhile and I guess... the fact of the matter is... there are still people who blame the victims for rape. Having said that... For me, I find the walk name even more distasteful.

It would be best for me to step out now.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Maybe us men should start a JerkWalk, take back that word. :P:D

Or PerpWalk, for those busted with any kind of sex crime, and made to walk down the street in full view wearing the crime on their shirts...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Or PerpWalk, for those busted with any kind of sex crime, and made to walk down the street in full view wearing the crime on their shirts..

Unfortunately, a quick read of the daily police blotter is enough to depress any father with daughters, which you and I both are. There's a lot of bad guys out there. I'm afraid that parade would be too damn big. [:/]

My daughters are beautiful young women. I worry a bit for them all the time. But they are pretty good shooters, though.

Not doing the march, but the after after party and getting the t-shirt are on my list.

I don't think slut really has the negative connotation that it used to though. It's the kind of thing some girls get across the back of their pants in big letters. Or on their t-shirt.

I just wanted to parade around in my latex cat suit with a bunch of sluts and scream at men.;)

Why do I need another reason to go?

I like the cause, the event seems fun. End of story.

I will post photos when I arrive in Chicago.

Hopefully I can make it, my car engine just blew the head gasket....and they are talking about a rebuild! ouch

Best Girl Scout Ever.

It's attempting to convince men that dressing/looking/acting a certain way does not entitle you to a woman's body. No, this walk probably isn't going to change behaviors overnight, but these things are changed by gradually, consistently getting this message across.

It's attempting to convince the criminal justice system that dressing/acting/looking a certain way does not change the fact that a woman was victimized and deserves a fair shot at justice. If women are made to feel like they "asked for it" and therefore don't deserve to seek justice for the crime that was committed, they may be less likely to report it. Less reporting = less ability to take the perps off the street. And it encourages more perps who figure that if no one stops them, they continue to be "entitled" to it if she's "asking for it."

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are other things as well. That's not to devalue some of the other ideas about self-defense, but that doesn't get at the root societal issue. This is attempting to do so.

Exactly

just because I leave my car unlocked doesn't mean it's OK to steal the radio, you might argue that I should have been more cautious but that falls short because it shouldn't be done in the first
I am ALIVE!

I just wanted to parade around in my latex cat suit with a bunch of sluts and scream at men.;)

Why do I need another reason to go?

I like the cause, the event seems fun. End of story.

I will post photos when I arrive in Chicago.

Hopefully I can make it, my car engine just blew the head gasket....and they are talking about a rebuild! ouch

Hi Annie,
'Just love yer attitude!! I like the idea of not having to analize everything we do so as to not entice criminals to exercise their behavior!! 'Picked up this tidbit on one of the 2A gun sites I frequent, dig it,"Society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals, society controls crime by forcing criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."-Jeff Snyder- ....So,...strut yer stuff lady and "Take Pictures!!" Latex Cat Suit...Meow!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Mmmmmm...not fond of the name....like the goal.

Personally, I think bringing back the death penalty for rape would be more to the point. Rapists really don't care about the opinions of others, now do they? They don't respect women. Why would they respect a group of women?

Still...I respect the attempt to bring the issue more attention. I consider this one of the most heinous crimes.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Mmmmmm...not fond of the name....like the goal.

Personally, I think bringing back the death penalty for rape would be more to the point. Rapists really don't care about the opinions of others, now do they? They don't respect women. Why would they respect a group of women?

Still...I respect the attempt to bring the issue more attention. I consider this one of the most heinous crimes.

Doesn't work simply because too many men are convicted of rape even if they haven't done anything. 57% of people exonerated by the Innocence Project ( http://www.innocenceproject.org/ ) were convicted of rape. Would you be okay with the fact that innocent men would be executed? I know feminists would be delirious about it, knowing that their mindset is that of "Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience."

http://falserapesociety.blogspot.com/
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Being falsely accused of anything is horrible. DNA evidence is great - it reduces the chances of this. The truly sad thing is that no matter what is done to clear his name, some people will always believe he is guilty - horrible.

Ask yourself this question, however: how many rapists walk free because it's so hard to prove a rape? Or because women don't have the courage to be further victimised by a society that blames her for what happened?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

For the record, Ladies, if I'm ever walking, driving, crawling, sitting, sleeping, practicing Yoga, rock climbing, putting on my gear or moon walking like some sort of nut.
Please by all means feel free to
1) Whistle
2) Call me all kinds of great names such as but not limited to "hot stuff", "sexy" and "you hunky guy you.."
3) Feel free to walk over and slap or pinch my ass
4) Hit on me with very bad pick up lines.
5) Also extra points will be given if you offer to buy me a drink when I'm at the bar with friends.

That will be all.
And yes a great idea, the walk.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Ask yourself this question, however: how many rapists walk free because it's so hard to prove a rape? Or because women don't have the courage to be further victimised by a society that blames her for what happened?

More walk free because it was never reported. :(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.