skymama

Do you get a flu shot?

I'm young, healthy, have no real reason to get the flu shot. My husband catches every bug that goes around, I can't remember the last time I've been sick with anything. At least for me, I have basically nothing to gain to get it, and every med/vaccination has some degree of risk, so it's not worth it for me.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

At my old job the offered the flu shot free of charge and i always got one. I never got the flu. Last year was the first year i didn't get a shot, and i got the flu. I highly recommend the shot.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I get the flu shot every year, but not for me but rather for the people around me. My mom who is 71 cannot get the shot because she is allergic to it and is an asthmatic. Also, my sister-in-law is going through a very strong aggressive chemo-therapy and her immune system is shot right now. So basically, I get the shot so I don't bring the flu home to them.

BTW, I never have gotten sick from the flu shot. You may get what seems like minor cold symptoms, but they don't amount to much.

Chris

WHy the fuck do the southeastern states have the flu shot before my area does? It isn't even offered yet at my job. And in FL and GA they are getting slammed with people rushing to get the FLU shot. People have been around a long time before the flu shot, and so has the flu. We kinda survived it so far.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Yes, get one every year. Never ever been sick from them. Something they did for us in the military was have a huge box of Tylenol available. Get the shot, drop 1000mg of Tylenol...never a prob

I hear the mist is a live virus?

My doc this year told me if you don't feel they great after the flu shot, it's actually a good sign. Your body has recognized a foreign substance and is taking action to build antibodies against........guess it makes some sense!

Years ago, I took off early from work and drove into town and got the "swine flu" shot. On my way home, I stopped for dinner and heard on the radio that they were canceling the program because people had died.

Never had one since.

Years later, I learned the Swine Flu program was a CIA plot to balance Social Security by knocking off old people. I love a good conspiracy theory.

Now, we are hearing about Bird Flu... :)
Make your own decisions. :ph34r:

Somtimes, I get the shot and don't get sick. Sometimes, I don't get the shot, and stll don't get sick. Sometimes, I get the shot and get sick. Sometimes, I don't get the shot, and get sick. I never understood why, either...

I always try to get the shot. Speaking of which, I have to find a place so Dad can get one before he runs over the pond to Europe...maybe I'll just get one with him at the same time.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I've only had one that I can remember and I got sick and that was years ago...

I'm with AggieDave on this one...OJ and lots of Vitamin C. If I get teh flu, which is rare, I just sweat it out, no problem.

Hell, it boils down to the lesser of two evils and the flu is not as bad as the shot, in my case.

Skymama, can I come over and nurse you through your sickness this week?
:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yep. I get one every year and never got sick. Just about everyone I work with gets one every year too. In the past 6 or 7 years I haven't known anyone among these folks who has gotten sick with the shot. It obviously heppens to some folks though. Maybe they got one of the old live virus injections....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Today, my arm is sore and I have a big bruise. It's going to be fun when someone goes to take a grip on me tomorrow. :|

Not sick yet, sorry Pops, you can't wipe my snot yet. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In the military we are getting the flu mist. One hit up either nostril. I grabbed the syringe and did it myself......

I highly recommend it. Much more pleasant than any shot.......

Yeup, I get flu shots since I have asthma.

Same here.

Last year I didn't manage to get a flu shot early enough in the year and actually got flu... I was off work for nearly a month and it ended up developing into pneumonia. B| I was seriously ill and never, ever, ever want to feel that bad ever again!

Vicki

People who get sick or think they get sick from a flu shot already had a virus when they got their shot. Do not get the shot if you are allergic to eggs or latex. I didn't used to get the shot until about seven yrs ago when the U.S. had a really bad flu season. I had five viruses at the same time. I was bed ridden for three weeks. I had never been so sick in my life. I fought for every breath and lost 20 pounds. That was the only time I ever wished that I would just die. Ever since I faithfully get my shot and have never been that sick since. Just a small cold here and there, but a cold and the flu are two different things. I guess the reason that I never got the shot before was because of paranoia. You never know what the gov. puts in them;).

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.