skymama

Do you get a flu shot?

A clinic around the corner is trying to get the World Record today for the most flu shots given in one day. (I swear, there's a record for everything!) :S

I've never gotten a flu shot and am wary because I always hear people say that got sick from them. Just wondering what other people do and if I should stop by today. I haven't had the flu in years and am wondering if I'm pressing my luck!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

People used to get sick from flu shots but they are now made with a 'dead' virus which is impossible to get sick from - or so says my daughters pediatrician.

Hubby and I were ordered to get flu shots this year, and Arianna is getting $9000 synagis shots AND a flu shot to prevent her from getting sick this winter... I hope it works! :S
Arianna Frances

I got mine on Monday. The doctor I go to injects into the epidermis versus into the deep tissue, thereby no ill effects. I had a lil swelling at the injection sight and that's it

It's the first flu shot I've had in 17 years.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Come here before 6:00 and you can get it for free and be part of a World Record. Woohoo! :ph34r:

LOL... sure but the drive is a bitch... and I can actually get if for free at the Base Hospital which is w/in walking distance of my house... :P:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

impossible to get sick from

heh... last time I got a flu shot was in basic training. I don't know if it was the oversized flu shot or the other countless injections we got but we were all horribly sick. just to make it more fun we had PT tests the next day. and even BETTER was they were doing controlled fires in the woods, so the air was so thick with smoke you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you.

for whatever ever reason I have resisted getting shots since then...

I'm in the same boat as Scott, us military folk have to get it. I wouldn't if I didn't have to [:/].

I got the flu-mist intranasal vaccine 2 weeks ago, half goes into each nostril. I didn't really notice it for about 5 seconds, then my nose started running real bad, then I got a really nasty maple-syrupy taste in my mouth B|.

Honestly I'd rather get the shot.

Got horrendously sick with the flu one year AND missed the best New Year's DZ party ever. As I lay shivering in a puddle of my own sweat I swore; "Never, Ever Again". B|

Flu shot, at any price, every year for this cowboy.

---
Doug the DZ Bum

I believe if something's not broken, don't fix it. I also bleieve an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I've had an overwhelming success with homeopathy, and have kept my immune system in shape with that. This does not work for everyone as we are all obviously different, and certainly the flu shot is a God send to some people. I guess the obvious conclusion IMO is people should do what works for them.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

I get a shot every year cause my work makes me... :D I would still get one even if I wasn't told I had too.

Yesterday I personally gave 35 flu shots to people. Over the years I have never seen a patient get sick from receiving one.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Wow, you guys have really enlightened me about asthma and the flu. My son has exercise induced asthma, but his doctor has never talked to us about flu shots. I'm going to have to make a call!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The only time I've gotten a flu shot as a civilian was years ago when my boss INSISTED that we all get them, as he didn't want any of us to miss work due to illness...

I was SO INCREDIBLY ILL after that damn shot I almost went to the ER for dehydration...B|B| I had never had the flu that bad. B|

Yeah, and in the army, it was kind of like pre-planning sick call when you knew you were getting a flu shot, 'cause we ALL got sick every time. :(>:(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

OK, I got the shot. They had a ton of nurses there, so it took all of 5 minutes. I swear, I better not get sick from it though, or I'm never getting one again! :P